1. Nerd/geek/dork/dweeb/gweeb 呆子. 这些字都代表一个人因为太专注某件事而看起来不太正常, 而并非不聪明的呆, 如书呆子, 计算机怪胎等, 这几个字可以交换使用. 其中 nerd , geek 和 dork 比其它二个来

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 今日美国口语

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) This is Doug Johnson. On our show today, we tell about some of the best books, movies and songs of the past year. Notable Books of 2006 Literary critics list the best books at the end o

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(一)月

Mommy, look at my paper, said Sandra. My teacher wrote me a note. Her mom looked at the paper. It was a math test. At the top it said, 50%--You're such a loser. Her mom screamed. She said, Did Mr. Brown write this note? How dare he? I'm calling your

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

讲解文本: sore loser 输不起的人 sore 疼痛的,恼火的,发怒的 Sore loser is someone who acts badly after losing a game. 输不起的人指的是那些输掉游戏后就恼羞成怒的人。 Don't be a sore loser, that's not nice. 别

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

This one is from Ruth! Is it a toy? What is it?! It's a penis! Penis! Penis! Well, well, okay... Give me that! Jen! I'm just helping that kid with the pinata. - Okay. - I'll show you how it's done, kid. Debster! You need drinks tonight. We don't do t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

[00:00.00]Most Beautiful People 最美的人们 [00:10.66]The most beautiful people are those who have known defeat, [00:15.46]suffering, struggle, loss, [00:17.22]and have found their way out of the depths. [00:19.73]These persons have an appreciation,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 语言的力量

a good sport/输得起的人 “always be a good sport.”注意哦,这句话不是用来说比赛项目的,而是用来形容人的。胜败乃兵家常事。“a good sport”指的是那些输得

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 Modern English 洋话连篇

简单计划乐队Simple Plan于1998年成军于加拿大蒙特利尔,由主唱Pierre Bouvier、双吉它手Jeff Stinco及Sebastien Lefebvre、贝斯手David Desrosiers与鼓手Chuck Comeau组成。 But your love was like a loaded gun You shot me d

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 夏日清新英文歌曲

You better think think think about what you're trying to do to me Yeah think think think let your mind go let yourself be free Let's go back let's go back let's go way on back when I didn't even know you you came to me and too much you wouldn't take

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

I knew a man that once was a sinner I knew a man that once was a drunk I knew a man that once was a loser He went out In the woods and made an altar out of a stump And me and jesus got our own thing going Me and jesus got It all worked out Me and jes

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Larry和李华在纽约参加长跑比赛。李华今天要学两个常用语,eat my dust和sore loser. LL: It's a good thing you've been training for this race, Li Hua. But you are still going to eat my dust. LH: Eat your dust? Yuck. 吃你的土?

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

My parents, of course, I have to tell you, didn't understand my dreams at all. They were always wondering, they said, What is he doing? When are you going to get a job, a real job? When are you going to make money? And all of those questions I got. A

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

You know, in the Middle Ages, in England, when you met a very poor person, that person would be described as an unfortunate 你知道,在中世纪的英国,当你遇见一个非常穷苦的人,你会认为他不走运, literally, somebody who

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And I went to talk to them about certain of the great tragedies of Western art. 我去找他们聊聊西方艺术中最伟大的几个悲剧故事。 I wanted to see how they would seize the bare bones of certain stories, 我想知道他们会如何露

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

音乐咖啡厅:Michael Learns To Rock - The War Is Not Over 相关介绍:《Eternity》是摇滚麦克的最新录音室创作大碟,专辑由乐团吉他手/主唱Mikkel Lentz担纲制作大任,专辑在丹麦的哥本哈根以及瑞典的哥

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

歌曲: Takes One To Know One 艺人: Belinda 音乐星级: ★★★★ 所属专辑: Utopia 2 发行年代: 2007 风格: Pop 介绍: belinda的全名belinda peregrn schull,1989年8月15日(终战纪念日)出生于西班牙的马德里.她在她4岁时就移居到墨西哥,并和她的家人一起居住至

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

大家都知道Michael 这个美国学生正在学中文。他和中国学生李华约好每个星期 至少在一起活动一次。今天他们决定到一个公园去滑冰。李华会学到两个常用

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Tort reform 侵权法改革 Closing the lottery 不能再靠碰运气 The debate over tort reform generates exaggerated claims, but also a few good ideas 改革催生了大量索赔,但也带来一些好观念 IN HIS floundering campaign for presid

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

文本: David: Nice breakfast. Joyce: David, you're back already? David: I have to ___(1)___ after writing up vandalism reports last night. Joyce: What happened? David: Some little shitass punks broke in to the swimming pool. This is what happens a

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

feel like 是样的感觉 I feel like a new person. 我感觉自己得到了新生。 I can't believe I didn't get a promotion. I feel like such a loser. 真不敢相信我居然没有得到晋升,感觉自己就是个失败者。 How could you say

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语