BEIJING, March 7 (Xinhuanet) -- Mother Monster Lady Gaga became the first person to attract more than 20 million followers on Twitter, after joining the social networking site for only four years, according to media reports. Gaga takes a comfortable

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, July 9 (Xinhua) -- Four years after a lackluster performance with only two bronzes earned in Beijing Games, the Chinese track and field team, spearheaded by star hurdler Liu Xiang, is pinning medal hopes on eight events in London Olympics. U

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. Prosecutors say the jurors in the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse case cannot forget about the 10 boys the former Penn State coach is accused of abusing. Closing arguments came today followed by jury deliberations. 2. Commerce Secretary John Bry

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(七月)

Obama Administration on the Defensive From VOA Learning English, this is In the News. President Obama this week found himself on the defensive on three different issues. Political observers say the issues could threaten his plan of action for his sec

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Find Your Best Place to Live Some people can live wherever they want. But all of us can dream. Perhaps you want to move somewhere else and make a change. Maybe you just want to shake things up a little. Some jobs let us live almost anywhere. Today ma

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

From the CNN Center in Atlanta on this first of December, can you believe it? Good morning to you, I'm Brooke Baldwin. Well, thank you for checking in with us. Let's take a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. From speculation to confirmation,

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2008年(十二)月

I wake up and I dont know where I am. An unfamiliar ceiling. Distant traffic noises. Bookshelves. A blue armchair with my velvet dress slung across it and a mans tie draped over the dress. Then I remember. I turn my head and theres Henry. So simple,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

My name is Oliver Queen. 我是奥利弗奎恩 To my family, I am the brother and son 对家人来说,我是他们五年前消失深海 who just returned home after being lost at sea 5 years ago. 现在重返家园的兄长,儿子 They don't know

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

stag 投机认股者;炒新股者;新股套利者 stakeholder 保证金保存人 stale cheque 过期支票 stamp 印花 stamp duty 印花税;厘印费 stamp duty on contract note 成交单据印花

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

BRUSSELS, Sept. 16 (Xinhua) -- World record holder Usain Bolt marked the fastest 100m of the season on Friday, clocking 9.76 seconds at the Diamond League. Bolt, 25, bettered the previous season best time of 9.78 seconds set by compatriot Asafa Powel

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

CAPITOL HILL U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder faced tough questions from members of the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Wednesday, about the Justice Department's gathering of phone records from Associated Press reporters, and on the Int

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

商务英语常见误译例析笔者在商务英语教学中发现,外贸英语中有一些使用十分频繁的词汇很容易被误译,原因是商务英语中相同的单词在不同情况下具有不同的含义。现将这些单词的不同用法

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Business 商业报道 Patent reform in America 美国专利法改革 Trolls on the hill 山上的巨魔 Congress takes aim at patent abusers 国会瞄准了滥用专利权者 IN SCANDINAVIAN folklore trolls were dumpy with grotesque faces and uncontr

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

GUADALAJARA, Mexico, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- Cuban's world record holder Dayron Robles eased to win the men's 110m hurdles in 13.10 seconds here on Friday at the Pan American Games. Robles, the world record holder who ran 12.87 in Ostrava, Czech Republic

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

TOKYO, May 6 (Xinhua) -- China's star hurdler Liu Xiang took the opening win in his outdoor season, storming to top podium in the men's 110-meter hurdles event at the IAAF Golden Grand Prix in Kawasaki, Japan on Sunday. With the absence of big names

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WHITE HOUSE A gun violence task force, created by President Barack Obama and headed by Vice President Joe Biden, held its first meeting Thursday to begin to seek solutions to gun violence in the wake of the massacre of children and adults at an eleme

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

支票薄 cheque book 支票陈票人 cheque drawer 持票人 cheque holder 不记名支票 cheque to bearer/bearer cheque 记名支票/认人支票 cheque to order 到期支票 antedated cheque 未到期

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

今天我们要学的词是inner circle。 Inner circle, 指核心圈子,心腹密友 。美国当选总统奥巴马正在紧锣密鼓地为权力交接做准备。 Obama's inner circle will play key roles in the new administration, 奥巴马身边最

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

1. A US Airways jet has crashed into the Hudson River right next to Manhattan. Passengers were forced out into the freezing waters to escape. Officials say it went down right after taking off. 2. Roland Burris is officially a US senator. He was swor

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(一)月

LONDON, Aug. 8 (Xinhua) -- American Aries Merritt ran a personal best of 12.92 seconds to win the Olympic men's 100m hurdles title on Wednesday as the U.S. closed in upon China on the medals table thanks to victories in track and field. Merritt got a

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻