Good Evening: This a special night for me. Exactly three years ago, on July 15, 1976, I accepted the nomination of my party to run for President of the United States. I promised you a President who is not isolated from the people, who feels your pai

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Prisons as Art Studios FAITH LAPIDUS: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Faith Lapidus. Today on our show, we play music by blues artist Joe Louis Walker We also read from some of your recent comments ...

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Prisons today have too many prisoners. The prisoners sleep in bunk beds. They sleep in triple bunk beds. Triple bunk beds are for three prisoners. One prisoner sleeps in the bottom bunk bed. Another prisoner sleeps in the middle bunk bed. Another pri

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Good evening, my fellow citizens: This Government, as promised, has maintained the closest surveillance of the Soviet military buildup on the island of Cuba. Within the past week, unmistakable evidence has established the fact that a series of offen

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

Where is the mustard? asked a prisoner. There is no mustard, said the cook. We ran out of mustard. We have no more mustard. Well get more mustard tomorrow. The prisoner looked at his hot dog. A hot dog without mustard is not a hot dog. I cant eat thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is the word xeriscape. This is kind of a self-indulgent podcast for me. I've been house hunting lately, and I swear if one more real estate agent tells me about a property's wonderful zeroscape, I'm going to rent for

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

图片1 Photo courtesy of Laura Herman, Tampa, Florida Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is the word xeriscape. This is kind of a self-indulgent podcast for me. I've been house hunting lately, and I swear if one more real estate agent tells me about a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Education Report - Inmates Find Hope in College Classes at San Quentin Prison 教育报道 - 圣昆廷监狱为犯人提供大学课程 This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 Last week we to

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

影片对白 Cherry: Help me. Please. T-bag: You'll have to forgive my boy. He has the, uh, propensity to be a bit gregarious when he shouldn't be. Fraternizing in the prison shower. Come on. Michael: Maybe you ought to cut the kid a break . T-bag: You

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 T-bag: That baby boy all growed up yet? Oh, he's gonna raise hell the next few years. Take after his mama. Yeah, you know, it's the same old same up here. But, uh... things are getting pretty tense, like they're fixin' to, uh, collide. You

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Sucre: There are three things for certain in life---death, taxes and count. Only way to stop count is... Michael: What? Sucre: Never mind. It's a bad idea. Michael: Worse than the idea of losing Maricruz? Sucre: A lockdown. We get Gen Pop l

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(314) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Michael: Could use more PVC here, boss. Lincoln: Boss? C.O.: Sure thing , Burrows. But, hey, I don't want to check your trunk for splinters. I want every piece accounted for. Lincoln: Sure. Abruzzi: I got a ripped fertilizer bag inside! Hey

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Abruzzi: Philly. Philly: Sit down, kid. So... Fibonacci. How'd you find him? Michael: Did my homework. Philly: You get elliptical with me for one more second, and I will cancel you. You understand me? Abruzzi: Give it up, Fish. Michael: Bef

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

I'm hoping you weren't heaven sent Cause only hell knows where you've been Your built composure's wearing thin And all your walls are caving in Before you shut this down I just wanna lift you up I'll take all this love I found And I hope that it's en

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

European Recession Now Longer Than 2008 Financial Crisis Of the 17 nations that make up the common currency bloc - nine countries are now in recession. While not as steep as the recession that came after the 2008 financial crisis - Commerzbank chief

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

Marriage in Egypt By Lindsay Wise Cairo, Egypt 07 June 2006 Hind El Hinnawy scandalized Egyptian society by dragging a famous actor to court to prove he was the father of her baby. Now, after finally

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

Todd: OK, Mark, you've travelled quite a bit. Mark: I have, yeah. Todd: And you've actually done a lot of unique things that people don't do when they travel. You were saying that when you travel you like to look at prisons. Mark: That's right. I hav

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Prison restaurants(监狱餐厅) NB: This is not an accurate word-for-word transcript Dan: Hello and welcome to this weeks 6 Minute English. Im Dan Walker Smith and today Im joined by Callum. Callum: Hi Dan. Dan: Now today were talking about a new re

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has promised to allow jailed former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko to receive medical attention outside of the Kyiv prison, where she is currently being held. At a news conference Tuesday, Mr. Yanukovych said he

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是crisis。 Crisis, 是危机的意思,是一个很常用的词。Economic crisis, 是经济危机;political crisis, 是政治危机。美国星期一表示,本周将跟伊朗直接会谈,讨论伊拉克危机。媒体报

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃