By Nancy Steinbach HEALTH REPORT- May 15, 2002: Fish and a Healthy Heart This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Researchers are reporting new studies showing that eating oily fish reduces the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Lawsuit Filed to Stop Antibiotic Use in Healthy Livestock American health advocates have filed a lawsuit against the U.S. food regulatory agency to stop a practice they believe is contributing to the rise of antibiotic-resistant infections worldwide.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Tom:The fried shrimp is crunchy! But my mom will never cook shrimp this way. She always says that fried food is not healthy. Daniel: How does she cook the shrimp? Tom:She often cooks it in a large pan of boiling water. Daniel: I don't like that.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Walt Disney was one of the most famous people ever to have lived. He has touched the lives of millions of children and adults. He holds the record for winning the most Academy Awards (26) and was an innovative film producer and animator. He created s

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -February 15, 2002: Olympics Doing Harm in Salt Lake? By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Officials at the Olympic Games taking place in Salt Lake Ci

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

AMERICAN MOSAIC - 'Betty Rules': Is It Punk? Pop? Alternative? Decide for Yourself By Shelley Gollust,Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Friday, May 06, 2005 (MUSIC) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA S

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

Hello, this is Tara, and I'm just gonna talk about what I wanna do in the future. At the moment I've finished my degree so, I'm just, you know, trying to save some money to pay off my debts, but I really want to be a nutritionist, so I'm saving some

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Mental Health in Developing Nations By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, June 14, 2004 This is Robert Cohen with the VOA Special English Development Report. A study has found that most

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. This week, President Barack Obama went before Congress and the nation to better explain his health care proposals. He said they would provide security and stability to people who have insurance, and make i

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(九)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Phoebe Zimmermann with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Walt Whitman, one of America's greatest poets. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: A drawing of Walt Whitman In the Nineteenth Centu

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(201) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

By Melinda Smith Washington 24 July 2007 President Bush recently (Saturday, July 21) had five small growths removed from his colon. The growths, or polyps, were found during a routine colon cancer scan. The growths were small and turned out to be ben

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Angelina Jolie stars as Evelyn Salt in Columbia Pictures' contemporary action thriller 'Salt.' Phillip Noyce's highly anticipated spy thriller, Salt, offers double the entertainment: adrenaline-pumping scenes and uber-celebrity Angelina Jolie. The sy

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Growing demand prompts universities, US government to get involved in treatment, research Susan Logue Koster | Washington, DC 18 August 2010 Researchers at the National Institutes of Health say that nearly 40 percent of adults have used some type the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Baltimore's Empty Lots Bloom With Healthy Greens This one stretch of land is blooming in the midst of a post-industrial wasteland that has lost about one-third of its population since its post-World War II peak, leaving hollowed-out neighborhoods of

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

A: I have never done this before and dont know where to begin as far as making an offer on this house. B: Leave the details of making the offer up to me. What were you thinking you should offer? A: I absolutely must have this house and will pay three

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: I have a good feeling about this house. B: Yes, I liked it the first moment I pulled up to it. A: I love the paint job! B: If you like the outside, you are going to really love the inside. A: What a beautiful home! B: Youll notice that the window

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

By Daniel Schearf Beijing 29 October 2007 Officials with the Global Forum for Health Research say developing countries face a widening range of health problems due to changes in lifestyle. The officials say developing countries need to improve access

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 03 February 2008 The World Health Organization says it is very concerned for the health of tens of thousands of people who fled their homes following post-election violence in Kenya at the end of December. WHO reports people di

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

By Phuong Tran Dakar 06 August 2007 In eastern Chad, violence along the Sudanese border has forced more than 100,000 Chadians into camps. Clinics run by international agencies try to contain and treat diseases that circulate in often waste-infested t

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

Todd: OK, now Keren, we're talking about staying healthy, and you live overseas,, and we both know it's quite hard to actually sometimes stay healthy overseas. Keren: Yeah. Todd: First of all, can you talk about Spain? When you lived in Spain was it

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个