By Mike O'Sullivan San Francisco, California 18 April 2007 San Francisco is a city built atop steep hills, and many say the city should be seen on foot. Mike O'Sullivan reports that volunteer guides share their love of San Francisco on walking tours

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(四月)

This is a story about the birds and the bees. When the Yao people of Mozambique want to find beehives full of honey they make this noise [brrrr-hm]. That sound attracts the attention of what are appropriately called honeyguide birds. If you ask Yao h

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(八)月

Kelly: Where is everybody? Man: Excuse me? Were you talking to me? Kelly: Oh, no. I was just talking to myself. Our tour group was supposed to rendezvous here at five oclock for our return trip to the hotel. But theres no trace of the bus and I dont

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

The video has gone viral. It shows a tour guide swearing at a tourist who asked why his group did not stop at a famous tourism resort. It was later found out that the video was shot on the third day of the spring festival holiday in Beijing's Changpi

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Guides No Longer Permitted on Native Area in Grand Canyon Visitors to a Native American reservations famous waterfalls deep in the Grand Canyon will now have to visit without professional guides. 游客现在必须在没有专业导游的前提下参观

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月