MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: Mark Twain has a new book out this week, a fairytale called The Purloining Of Prince Oleomargarine. Yeah, OK, we know Twain died in 1910. But notes he made about a bedtime story he once told his daughters were recently discov

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之旅行交通购物

Its unclear exactly how this happened, where this happened but Erins lawyers say she was the victim of a crime and they have vowed to prosecute, but unfortunately, that may not be so easy. Why were you guys able to jump on in the way they did? Erin A

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

Meeting New Neighborhood 初识新邻居 选自电影:Erin Brockovich《永不妥协》 ■单身母亲爱琳一个人抚养着三个孩子。静静的夜晚,忽然门外一阵吵闹的摩托声,孩子们无法休息,爱琳愤然开门,走向摩托车手 单词通缉令 1.goddamn a.该死的 2.hold on 坚持,等待 3. hell

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 好莱坞电影口语模仿秀

Jamal: Have you found a place for us to stay in Chicago? Erin: Im still exploring the options. Instead of a run-of-the-mill chain hotel, I thought we could do something different. Jamal: How different? Erin: I thought we might stay in a cabin near th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Odil Ruzaliev Washington 01 May 2007 For centuries, nomads wandered the steppes of Central Asia living in tents. One of the critical engineering elements of these flimsy structures was the tent band designed to brace the roof. Over time, these ban

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Every month, NPR and Kaiser Health News take a close look at medical bills that you send us. And this week, you're going to be hearing the word surprise a lot. And that is never a word you actually want to hear in the same sentenc

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Erin: Smell that! Sean: Smell what? Erin: Cant you smell the changing of the seasons? I love autumn. The fall colors are out and theres a chill is in the air. Sean: That means Ill be raking leaves every weekend when I should be watching football. Eri

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

NOEL KING, HOST: This is MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Noel King. DAVID GREENE, HOST: And I'm David Greene. Nicole Kidman has been pretty busy. She is currently starring in three movies, as the queen of Atlantis in Aquaman, as a supportive mothe

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(287) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月