Kate, New Zealand speaker Between cats and dogs I definitely prefer dogs. Although cats are very cute, but dogs also, I like to be active. I like to run around the lawn and take them for walks, and actually, the dogs are more like a little kid, and I

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 高级-Advanced Listening

When Mrs. Carter returned, Henry told her about the strange man whod wanted to buy Ginger. Well, she said, sometimes people do want to buy the dogs. As the Aldens got off the elevator on the second floor, they saw Anna on her way to the dining room.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 53 The Guide Dog Mystery

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. This week on our program, we tell about pets in the United States. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Stump was winner of Best in Show at this year's We

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

Lindsay: So Jake, we are thinking of getting a dog. What do you think about that? Jake: Well, that could be a good idea. Dogs can make good companions. Lyndsay: Yeah, I think so. That's why we want to get one, but the problem is our apartment is real

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

剧情简介 安迪和弟弟布鲁斯本是孤儿,而收养他们的家庭有一项严厉的禁令就是不准养宠物,安迪于是不得不为他们取名叫星期五的狗狗再赶快找一个新家,偶然间孩子们发现了一座地处偏僻已经废弃的旅馆....... 对话文本:(系普特网友整理,文本只包括旁白影评部分,不包括电

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语听力

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Dogs May Be Just What the Doctor Ordered for Worried Heart Patients By Caty Weaver, George Grow and Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Ted Landphair Earlier this month, an open microphone caught Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry in an unguarded moment, muttering to supporters about the Republican opposition.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(314) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--美国大选

Service Dogs to Walk in Inaugural Parade Caroline Elgin in The Plains, Virginia, got her service dog Sajen when she was almost 10 years old. Elgin has cerebral palsy, which has affected her speech and motor skills, but not her intelligence. Now 19, s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(一月)

New film highlights unique relationship, PTSD, mental illness David Byrd | Washington, DC 18 May 2010 The U.S. military uses dogs to help troops on sentry duty and bomb-sniffing patrols. But dogs are also proving their worth off the field of battle b

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Rena Dam. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 There is a large square stone near a

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

One of our dogs at home, he used to go walking with my granddad, and it was on these old country roads, so very quite really, not many cars would pass so the dog, Jonathan, used to run off in front of my granddad and my granddad's hearing wasn't too

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Dogs Can't Smell a Liar A study in the journal Behavioural Processes finds that dogs cannot reliably tell if someone is fibbing to them. Karen Hopkin reports You can teach your dog to lie down. But you cant teach him to lie, or to know when youre lyi

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

HEALTH REPORT - Study Says Dogs Can Smell Cancer By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 This is Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Health Report. Dogs are known for their sense of

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

to let sleeping dogs lie Every dog has his day 我们首先要讲的一个俗语对每个人来说也是一个很好的忠告:to let sleeping dogs lie。 To let sleeping dogs lie,从字面上来看,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

In the suburban area of the city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, a former policeman has built a nursing home for retired police dogs. It's the first one in the province, perhaps in all of China. CGTN reporter Hu Nan visited the care center and brings

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(208) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

One of our dogs at home, he used to go walking with my granddad, and it was on these old country roads, so very quite really, not many cars would pass so the dog, Jonathan, used to run off in front of my granddad and my granddad's hearing wasn't too

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

2018年在中国的农历年的中狗年。狗作为人类忠诚的朋友,大量的出现在我们的语言中,这一点不仅仅体现在中文中,如单身狗舔狗小狼狗,还有成语猪狗不如等等。在英语中, dog的出现频率也

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

【俚语】 Go to the dogs 大不如前,衰落 The employee cant get paid and this company is going to the dogs. 这家公司的员工发不上工资,公司已经不行了。 Dog days 酷暑 I love to be in the swimming pool during the dog days

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Todd: Hello, Matt! Matt: Hello, Todd! Todd: Matt, I'm going to ask you some questions about pets. Matt: OK. Todd: First question, do you have a pet? Matt: Yes, my pet at my mom's house we have three pets; two dogs and a cat. My family actually raises

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂