[00:03.00]married [00:03.60]married adj.已婚的, 婚姻的 [00:08.84]math [00:09.45]math n.数学 [00:14.24]matter [00:14.85]matter n.事件, 问题, 物质, 内容, 实质, 原因, (印刷或书写的)文件, (文章或讲话等的)素材 vi.有关系, 要紧 [00:19.65]may [00:20.25]may a

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语1000高频词汇

A: Are there any special unemployment forms I need to fill out? B: You need to get a special application form. A: Do you know where I can find the application form? B: You can go to the Employment Development Office and pick it up. A: What records wi

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

Liz:How are you feeling today? Maria:Oh, much better. Thanks so much for taking care of me. The soup you made, and the medicine you bought me really helped. Liz: I'm glad. Maria: Are you working today? Liz: Yes, unfortunately. Maria: What do you mean

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Lois has a headache. The headache started one hour ago. She doesnt know why she has a headache. She never gets headaches. She never gets sick. Lois is a healthy woman. Where did her headache come from? Was it something she ate? Was it something she d

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

The U.S. government is now accepting volunteers for a huge new nationwide health project. The government hopes to find one million people who will share their DNA and 10 years of health patterns. Researchers hope that by studying such a large group o

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

When there are Nobel prizes there are Ig Nobel prizes, which were handed out at Harvard on October 1st. The awards honor research that makes people laugh and then makes them think. Among this years winners: The physics prize went to a study of why pr

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

关于护士职务 837.I'm here for an interview as requested. 我是应约前来面试的。 838.Have you brought your credentials? 你带来有关证件了吗? 839.This is my certificate of nurse qualifications. 这是我的护士资格

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Children's mental health was the subject of two recent studies. One involved treatment of anxiety disorders, the other examined long-term effects of alcohol use in teenagers. The first study involved ab

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(十一)月

Health Report - Report Points to Limits of Some Antidepressants Researchers say unpublished studies show Prozac and three similar drugs have significant results only in the most severely depressed. 12 March 2008 This is the VOA Special English Healt

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(三)月

FAITH LAPIDUS: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. This week, we look at how people train to be medical doctors in the United States. (MUSIC) FAITH LAPIDUS: It is not easy to become

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Words and Their Stories: How the 'Rx' Sign Came to Be 词汇典故:RX标志起源始末 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Every week at this time, the Voice of Ameri

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Tiny Needles Treat Eye Disease 能治愈眼疾的细针 Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness around the world. In the United States alone, more than two million people suffer from the disease. Glaucoma results from an over-production of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Lesson 26 There Are Two Sides to Everything Text A I had a most exasperating and frustrating experience with the hospital today: But Granny had it much worse. First she was the victim of an accident and then she was the suffering patient. She was out

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语教程(Oral Workshop)--中级

I wonder why the Nobel Prize is so famous. Sure, the people who win it are very clever, but theyre not really superstars. Ive usually heard of the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize because theyre always in the news. But have you ever heard of the Nobel

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

unit 564 身体检查 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Have you taken your temperature? A:你量体温了么? B:Yes, and it is 37℃. B:量了,37度。 A:Well, open your mouth and let me have a look. It is nothing serious. You haven't got a fever. B

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(266) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

I didn't take that in 我没有把药吃下去 A fellow who was rather slow on the uptake had been suffering from constipation, so the doctor provided him with some suppositories. 有位理解能力相当迟缓的老兄一直为便秘所苦,因此医

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经典双语笑话

41st Whats the matter with her? Does she have an earache? She doesnt have an earache.She has a headache. What must she do? So she must take an aspirin. 52nd Whats the matter with George? Does he have a headache? He doesnt have a headache.He has an ea

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

Science and technology 科学技术 Alternative medicine 替代医疗 Think yourself better 往好处想 Alternative medical treatments rarely work. But the placebo effect they induce sometimes does 替代疗法的治疗效果见效甚微,但是所产

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Business Biotech patents Taking it personally 商业 生物技术专利 对人下药 A legal fight over a new generation of medicine 新一代药品的法律纠纷 DRUG research is in dark times, as pipelines dry up and development budgets are cut. 但

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

STEPHEN FEE: Fifty-nine-year-old Karen Sonneberg grew up on the North Shore of Long Island, just an hour's drive from New York City. Her parents survived the Holocaust but rarely mentioned it. KAREN SONNEBERG: All I knew was that we were different, t

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列