Lesson10 The Country Maid and Her Milk Can A country maid was walking along with a can of milk upon her head, when she fell into the following train of reflections: The money for which I shall sell this milk will enable me to increase my stock of egg

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(318) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第四册

I thought it was kind of funny that the chicken police came in and seized the shipment. It was actually the SPCA, who confiscated the colorful chicks at the Johnston Post Office Friday morning. They come from Texas from a poultry farm in Texas, deliv

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has returned from the Pacific Islands Forum to a looming row over the carbon tax vote. The Government will introduce its carbon tax legislation to Parliament when it resumes next week, but the Federal Opposition is still

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

[00:07.50]A Let's listen and say [00:11.96]Let's go to the country. [00:16.82]What's that?It's a cow. [00:21.86]What are they?They're chickens. [00:27.22]The farmer has many animals. [00:31.06]Let's go to the country. [00:35.92]What's that?It's a cow

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 少儿启蒙英语说话篇

China's agriculture authority has shut down poultry farms in east China where animals have been given excessive amounts of antibiotics. Last week, Chinese media reported that some poultry farmers in Shandong had given their chickens excessive amounts

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Hi, this is Bridget Grace from New Zealand, one of the sports presenters of the Beijing Hour at China Radio International. It will be my first Chinese New Year in China, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the fireworks. What I love about the year o

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

fence n.栅栏,围墙,剑术 vt. 用篱笆围住,防护 vi. 击剑,围以栅栏 例句:One end of the garden was fenced off for chickens. 花园的一端已用篱笆隔开来养鸡。 defense n. 国防部,防卫,防卫物 vt. 谋划抵御

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

Kentucky Fried Chicken announced that it is going to advertise its new $3 lunches through customers nostrils. The company plans to send a fried chicken scent throughout office buildings at lunchtime. The aroma will be dispensed from the mail-cart tha

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

The country Maid and Her Milk Can 村姑和牛奶罐 A country maid was walking along with a can of milk upon her head,when she fell into the following train of reflections.The money for which I shall sell this milk will enable me to increase my stock of

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

The balance of nature It is very important for us to keep the balance of nature, and nature often teaches its lessons. Here are two examples: Eagles eat chickens. They felt mice as well. The farmers want to kill many eagles to protect their chickens,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 高考英语作文高分必备

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: Before I talk to Eddie Izzard about his new book, Believe Me: A Memoir Of Love, Death And Jazz Chickens, I think we need to hear about the jazz chickens. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING) EDDIE IZZARD: Cows go roo (ph). Sheep go

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

China's agriculture authority has shut down poultry farms in east China where animals have been given excessive amounts of antibiotics. Last week, Chinese media reported that some poultry farmers in Shandong had given their chickens excessive amounts

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

In Africa's battle against malaria, two low-tech tacticsinsecticides and bed netshave done a decent job killing off mosquitoes. But it's mainly one species that's been affected. That's a species called Anopheles gambiae, sometimes called the African

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(八)月

Most birds don't have penises. Good, I have your attention. Of course, female birds don't have penises. But, neither do most males. Now researchers have unravel the genetics behind the dispearance of this anatomical apparatus. Their penetrating insig

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

Why the Cross Put Chickens on a New Road探秘家禽的驯化之路 Why did the chicken cross the road? Well, thats a philosophical pickle. But if you want to know why chickens dont get cross at peoplewhy theyre content being kept in their coopsscien

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(六)月

AGRICULTURE REPORT – May 7, 2002: Russia Lifts Ban on American Chickens By George Grow This is the VOA Special English AGRICULTURE REPORT. American agriculture is recovering from a Russian ban on ch

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

AGRICULTURE REPORT - New Cases of Avian Influenza in Asia By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 This is Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. The chicken industry in

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Officials Suspect Exotic Newcastle Disease Killed Chickens in Brazil By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Agriculture Repo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

介绍: 1. trivial things 鸡毛蒜皮的事 I don't like to argue over trivial things. 我不喜欢为些鸡毛蒜皮的事情吵。 2. chicken 懦夫 Why are you such a chicken? Just do it! 你怎么这么懦夫,告诉她就好! 3. chicken out(

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Unit 16 Three legged Chicken 第16单元 三条腿的鸡 A man was driving along a rural road one day when he saw a three legged chicken. He was amusedengough to drive along side it for a while, as he was driving he noticed the chicken was running 30

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人