They survived the great China earthquake, and now they are about to embark on a mission of peace and unity. It's a busy time for these animals when it comes to panda diplomacy. The two giant pandas Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan, together their names mean u

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

12 Describing Touch and Textures GLOSSARY just our luck a phrase used when something bad has happened and onewants to show frustration about something that was beyond ones control,especially when the event is one of many bad things that have happened

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

Senate Gun Debate Moves to Judiciary Committee Mass slaughters of children in Connecticut, movie-goers in Colorado, college students in Virginia, and congressional constituents in Arizona have amplified calls for action. First to speak at the hearing

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(一月)

Jack and Annie whirled around. A dark figure wasstanding at a side door of the institute. The sorcerer! Jack thought. He frantically tried to remember hisline of the rhyme. Can I help you? the figure said. He steppedforward into the light of a gas la

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Volunteers equipped with nothing more than digital cameras are taking part in an unusual bee hunt. 一些只带着数码相机的义工正在参与一项不寻常的环境研究。 It's part of an environmental study that has amateur photographers do

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年7月

Moths Inspire Better Smartphone Screens 飞蛾帮你改进智能手机屏 One of the things that makes your smartphone so smart is that if you pull it out in the sun, it senses thatand dials up the screen brightness to compensate. But it's not a perf

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(六)月

The sea was rough and half the passengers were seasick. 海面波涛汹涌,半数旅客晕船。 上句中的rough不是指粗糙的,而是形容海面波涛汹涌的。 seasick只晕船的; carsick指晕车的; airsick指晕机的。 It was a bu

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠英语实用句子

Poor Road Conditions Alice: Im really glad I let you talk me into going for a bike ride. Its been years since Ive been on a bicycle. Sam: This is the only way to travel. You get to really see the scenery and enjoy the fresh air. Alice: Hey, watch out

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

Traffic-safety experts are getting creative when it comes to foiling speeding drivers who zoom dangerously through city neighborhoods. Most towns don't have enough police officers to actually catch many speeders, so they try to slow everyone down th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)

Modern-dayTreasureHuntersPrizetheHunt There is a breed of modern day treasure hunter that utilizes the Internet, a knack for orienting and solving puzzles, and a sense of adventure to acquire its prize. But these 21st century explorers are not seekin

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

More Democracy Means More Economic Aid for Guinea The road to democracy has been bumpy for Guinea, but the European Union is supporting new development projects. The reinstated funding comes after the country's first free and fair elections, and a ne

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: The fight to force ISIS from the Iraqi city of Mosul has resulted in more casualties than expected, both for combatants and civilians. That has led the Iraqi government and international aid groups to step up emergency care.

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

The family of Freddie Gray is welcoming of the announcement of a federal probe into the Baltimore Police Department. Kenneth Burns from member station WYPR reports the police union also supports the investigation, but suggests it be widen to include

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Moths Inspire Better Smartphone Screens One of the things that makes your smartphone so smart is that if you pull it out in the sun, it senses thatand dials up the screen brightness to compensate. But it's not a perfect solution. 智能手机非常智能

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人5月

Daily Life - This Is Your Captain Speaking (C0058) A: And the next thing you know, were running towards the... Oh...did you feel that? B: Yeah, dont worry about it; were just going through a bit of turbulence. C: Ladies and gentlemen, this is your ca

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Beginners. This morning was an ordinary morning. I woke the kids up. Wakey, wakey, I said gently to them, as usual. I brought the two youngest their breakfast drink that they like to drink in bed. They are spoilt, I know. The oldest two get themselve

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

By Nico Colombant Dakar 07 May 2007 While hospitals and doctors in Africa are few and far between, in the impoverished West African country of Mali, the government takes health care to remote villages, by way of little mopeds. A system of so-called m

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Tommy: Its just our luck that theres a major power failure while were shopping in this outdoor bazaar. Louisa: How are we going to find our way back to the hotel? Tommy: Follow me and stay close. Ill lead the way. Louisa: This road is so rough. I kee

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Once a booming tourist destination for Europeans looking for a small stretch of tropical paradise, Sierra Leone is better known these days for its post-war struggles to develop. But many here believe that the tourist trade is just about to take off a

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Will the Rabbit Year Bring Wealth and Happiness?兔年能带给你财运和幸福吗? Articulate, ambitious and affectionate - maybe a little timid - but overall very lucky. These are some of the characteristics usually associated with people born

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版