Scientists have come up with a revolutionary new use for wood. They have devised a way to make it transparent. This could totally change the way many things in our lives are used and made. See-through wood could one day replace glass and be used in w

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语科技新闻

Scientists are predicting a 110-mile sheet of ice -- a chunk the size of the state of Delaware -- will break off Antarctica in the coming days or weeks. The cause is warming ocean waters, and the ice melt has implications for sea level rise well beyo

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

What We Can Learn By Watching Sleeping Dogs There is an English proverb that says, Let Sleeping Dogs Lie. It means to not bring up an old problem. 有个英语谚语是让沉睡的狗继续睡。意思是不要自找麻烦。 Researchers in Hungary h

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Bizarre Dino 远古巨兽 by Kevin Lustig Around the world, scientists are constantly in search of dinosaurs. Real ones disappeared about 65 million years ago, but dinosaurs left behind a lot for humans to study, like eggs, bones, and entire bodies.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Scientists Discover New Animal 科学家发现新的物种 From VOA Learning English, this is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS. Im June Simms. And Im Bob Doughty. Today we tell about a new animal species native to South America. We tell how agricultural chemical

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Scientists Come Closer to Creating Laboratory Embryos An international team of scientists says it has moved a step closer to creating artificial embryos. The team used stem cells from mice. Stem cells are simple cells that can develop into other kind

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

今天我们要学的词组是blunt。 Blunt指刀子等不锋利, 钝, 也指人的言行举止率直、直截了当。联合国政府间气候变化委员会发表了有关全球气候暖化的研究报告。 报告认为全球气温升高是无容

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Scientists Test New Treatment for Injuries that Produce Arthritis American researchers are looking for new ways to reduce arthritis pain. Arthritis is known to affect older people. Over time, the joints of the body suffer damage and become inflamed.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

I've got a confession. I love looking through people's garbage. 坦白地说,我喜欢翻看别人丢弃的垃圾。 Now, it's not some creepy thing. Okay. 这可不是什么怪癖。 I'm usually just looking for old electronics, stuff I can take t

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

As a leading member of the Acadmie Royale des Sciences, he was also required to take an informed and active interest in whatever was topicalhypnotism, prison reform, the respiration of insects, the water supply of Paris. It was in such a capacity in

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

David Reitze, executive director of the U.S.-based Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory, also known as LIGO, made the announcement in Washington D.C. Ladies and gentlemen, we have detected gravitational waves, we did it! The gravitatio

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The number of people living past 100 has soared by 71 per cent in the past decade. And while one expert believes this figure will continue to rise, he stated that anyone hoping to live for double or triple this time will be disappointed. Speaking at

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Choosing a Christmas gift is always a stressful time but scientists say it should be surprisingly easier than you think, claiming you should choose something you like rather than guessing what they want. 挑圣诞节礼物通常都会让人感到鸭梨

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Scientists: Gene Editing Should Stay in Laboratories 科学家称基因编辑技术应该留在实验室 Scientists are debating how to limit their newly-discovered power to change genetic structure. Scientists already modify the genes of farm animal

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Australian astronomers have discovered the closest potentially habitable planet found outside our solar system so far a super-Earth located just 14 light years away. 澳大利亚的天文学家发现了太阳系外的一个潜在的宜居星球。这颗

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Einstein disliked that, too. He devoted the rest of his life to searching for a way to tie up these loose ends by finding a grand unified theory, and always failed. From time to time he thought he had it, but it always unraveled on him in the end. As

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Dieters have long sworn that grapefruit helps them lose weight. 长期以来节食者们一直信誓旦旦地宣称葡萄柚有助减肥。 Now, scientists are beginning to believe them. 如今科学家们也开始相信他们的论断。 A study has

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

托福听力细节题答题的正确思路 将文章从词到句子到段落到篇章的组成,按照你听文章的思路和ETS想考你的思路,分成细节题段意题考点题段间关系题篇章结构题五类。具体不多说,只给你讲

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Ezra: Ella. Ella: I know why you are here. Ezra: You need to understand that I... Ella: Stop. This is a very small town. People see things, and they talk. I actually thought you were an outstanding teacher.

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Scientists Launch Major Exploration of Indian Ocean Scientists are preparing to lead the first-ever major exploration operation in the Indian Ocean. 科学家正准备牵头进行印度洋的第一次重大勘探任务。 The exploration team is curr

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月