迷你对话学地道口语第80期:罢手不干
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语
迷你对话:
A:What will you do now? Propose 1 to her.
你现在怎么办?向她求婚吗?
B:Of course I won'tchill out. Opportunity knocks only once.
我当然不会罢手的,几乎难得嘛。
A:You should strike while the iron 3 is hot.
你应该趁热打铁。
B:You're right. I will have a talk to her about that.
对,我要去和她谈谈。
词海拾贝:
1.propose to sb:向某人求婚
Eg. He watched for his chance to propose to her.
他在等待时机向她求婚。
Eg. He was trying to decide whether he should propose to her.
他反覆思量是否该向她求婚.
Eg. Since you've got onto this basis, you can propose to her
既然你们的关系已到这种程度,你可以向她求婚了。
2.chill 2 out:罢手,停止不干
Eg. We will never stop until the experiment succeeds.
试验不成功,我们决不罢手。
Eg. I have always planned to knock off at thirty-five.
我老是打算到三十五岁罢手。
Eg. When things get this fouled-up it's time for us to quit
事情既已弄得这麽糟,我们就该罢手了。
Eg. She'd never have stopped tiII she got what she wanted.
因为她不得到自己想要的东西是不会罢手的。
3.strike while the iron is hot:乘热打铁
Eg. If I were you, I'd strike while the iron is hot.
如果我是你,我就会打铁趁热。
Eg. Well, you should strike the iron while it is hot.
你应该乘热打铁。
4.have atalk to sb about sth:和某人谈论某事
Eg. He turned aside to have a talk to someone else about what had happened this afternoon.
他转过脸去同另外一个人谈论今天下午发生的事情。
Eg. I want to have a talk to your manager about an urgent 4 matter.
我想和你们经理谈一件紧急的事。
Eg. I don' t get many chances to have a talk to her recently.
近来我不太有机会与她会话。
Eg. That is exactly what I wanted to have a talk to you about, Susan.
这正是我想要跟你谈的,Susan。
佳句妙言:
Opportunity knocks only once.
千载难逢。
- Did he propose marriage to you?他向你求婚了吗?
- I propose resting for an hour.我建议休息一小时。
- With the chill factor,it's nearly minus forty here.加上风寒指数,气温接近零下40度。
- The bad news cast a chill over the whole family.这坏消息使全家人感到沮丧。