英语听书《海底两万里》第219期 第16章 在海底平原散步(10)
时间:2019-02-25 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
I felt only a certain tightness in the joints 1 of my fingers, and even this discomfort 2 soon disappeared. 我仅仅觉得手指不能灵活使用,但这种困难情况不久也就消失。
As for the exhaustion 3 bound to accompany a two-hour stroll in such unfamiliar 4 trappings-it was nil 5.Helped by the water, my movements were executed with startling ease. 我穿上自己不习惯的潜水衣,漫游了两小时,本来应该疲倦,可是现在丝毫不感到什么。我由于水力的帮助,行动异常灵便。
Arriving at this 300-foot depth, I still detected the sun's rays, but just barely. 到了三百英尺的深度,我还能看见太阳光,不过很微弱。
Their intense brilliance 6 had been followed by a reddish twilight 7, a midpoint between day and night. 尾接着阳光的强烈光辉,是红色的曙光,白日与黑夜之间的阴暗光线。
But we could see well enough to find our way, and it still wasn't necessary to activate 8 the Ruhmkorff device. 但我们还看得清楚,可以引路,还不需要使用兰可夫灯。
Just then Captain Nemo stopped. He waited until I joined him, then he pointed 9 a finger at some dark masses outlined in the shadows a short distance away. 这时候,尼摩船长停下来。他等着,要我到他面前去,他指点我看那在阴影中不远的地方,渐渐露出来的一堆堆模糊不清的形体。
It's the forest of Crespo Island," I thought; and I was not mistaken. 我想,那就是克利斯波森林了。果然,我并没有弄错。
接头( joint的名词复数 ); 关节; 公共场所(尤指价格低廉的饮食和娱乐场所) (非正式); 一块烤肉 (英式英语)
- Expansion joints of various kinds are fitted on gas mains. 各种各样的伸缩接头被安装在煤气的总管道上了。
- Expansion joints of various kinds are fitted on steam pipes. 各种各样的伸缩接头被安装在蒸气管道上了。
n.不舒服,不安,难过,困难,不方便
- One has to bear a little discomfort while travelling.旅行中总要忍受一点不便。
- She turned red with discomfort when the teacher spoke.老师讲话时她不好意思地红着脸。
n.耗尽枯竭,疲惫,筋疲力尽,竭尽,详尽无遗的论述
- She slept the sleep of exhaustion.她因疲劳而酣睡。
- His exhaustion was obvious when he fell asleep standing.他站着睡着了,显然是太累了。
adj.陌生的,不熟悉的
- I am unfamiliar with the place and the people here.我在这儿人地生疏。
- The man seemed unfamiliar to me.这人很面生。
n.无,全无,零
- My knowledge of the subject is practically nil.我在这方面的知识几乎等于零。
- Their legal rights are virtually nil.他们实际上毫无法律权利。
n.光辉,辉煌,壮丽,(卓越的)才华,才智
- I was totally amazed by the brilliance of her paintings.她的绘画才能令我惊歎不已。
- The gorgeous costume added to the brilliance of the dance.华丽的服装使舞蹈更加光彩夺目。
n.暮光,黄昏;暮年,晚期,衰落时期
- Twilight merged into darkness.夕阳的光辉融于黑暗中。
- Twilight was sweet with the smell of lilac and freshly turned earth.薄暮充满紫丁香和新翻耕的泥土的香味。
vt.使活动起来,使开始起作用
- We must activate the youth to study.我们要激励青年去学习。
- These push buttons can activate the elevator.这些按钮能启动电梯。
标签:
海底两万里