英语听书《海底两万里》第558期 第35章 尼摩船长的最后几句话(5)
时间:2018-12-06 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
"Then we'll die together, Ned my friend." “要死我们一起死,尼德朋友。”
My mind was made up. 我下定一切决心,
The Canadian left me. 加拿大人就走了。
I went out on the platform, where I could barely stand upright against the jolts 1 of the billows. 随后,我登上平台,上面海涛阵阵,我几乎都站不稳。
The skies were threatening, but land lay inside those dense 2 mists, and we had to escape. 风雨欲来,但既然陆地就在那片浓雾中,我们就应该逃走。
Not a single day, or even a single hour, could we afford to lose. 我们不能再错过一天或者一个小时了。
I returned to the lounge, dreading 3 yet desiring an encounter with Captain Nemo, wanting yet not wanting to see him. 我回到客厅,又怕见又想见到尼摩船长,想见又不想见到他。
What would I say to him? 我该跟他说什么呢?
How could I hide the involuntary horror he inspired in me? No! 我能隐藏得住他使我心里对他产生的不情愿的厌恶情绪吗!不!
It was best not to meet him face to face! 那最好还是不要面对面地碰到他!
Best to try and forget him! And yet...! 最好把他忘掉!本来就该这样!
How long that day seemed, the last I would spend aboard the Nautilus! 我在“鹦鹉螺号”船上度过的这最后一天是多么的漫长啊!
I was left to myself. 我单独地呆着。
Ned Land and Conseil avoided speaking to me, afraid they would give themselves away. 尼德·兰和康塞尔因害怕走漏风声,所以都不跟我说话。
At six o'clock I ate supper, but I had no appetite. 6点钟吃晚餐的时候,我一点也不饿。
Despite my revulsion, I forced it down, wanting to keep my strength up. 但我不想让自己虚脱了,尽管反胃,还是强迫自己吃了饭。
At 6:30 Ned Land entered my stateroom. He told me: 6点半,尼德·兰走进我的房间。他对我说:
"We won't see each other again before we go. “出发前我们不再见面了。
At ten o'clock the moon won't be up yet. 10点钟,月亮还没升起的时候,
We'll take advantage of the darkness. 我们趁着黑暗逃走。
Come to the skiff. Conseil and I will be inside waiting for you." 您到小艇里去,我和康塞尔,我们在那里等您。”
1 jolts
(使)摇动, (使)震惊( jolt的名词复数 )
- He found that out when he got a few terrific jolts, but he wouldn't give up. 被狠狠地撞回来几次后,他发觉了这一点,但他决不因此罢休。
- Some power bars are loaded with carbohydrates or caffeine for quick jolts. 有些能量条中包含大量的碳水化合物和咖啡因,以达到快速提神的效果。
标签:
海底两万里