月亮和六便士 第五十一章(5)
时间:2019-02-21 作者:英语课 分类:月亮和六便士
英语课
"Well, he agreed to that. “他同意这样做。
Ata continued to do the housework, and I gave him his meals as I said I would. 爱塔仍然给我干活儿,我叫思特里克兰德在我这里吃饭,像我答应过的那样。
I taught Ata to make one or two dishes I knew he was fond of. 我教给爱塔做一两样他喜欢吃的菜。
He did not paint much. 他并没有怎么画画儿。
He wandered about the hills and bathed in the stream. 他在山里游荡,在河里边洗澡。
And he sat about the front looking at the lagoon 1, and at sunset he would go down and look at Murea. 他坐在海边上眺望咸水湖。每逢日落的时候,就到海边上去看莫里阿岛。
He used to go fishing on the reef 2. 他也常常到礁石上去钓鱼。
He loved to moon about the harbour talking to the natives. 他喜欢在码头上闲逛,同本地人东拉西扯。
He was a nice, quiet fellow. 他从不叫叫嚷嚷,非常讨人喜欢。
And every evening after dinner he would go down to the annexe with Ata. 每天吃过晚饭他就同爱塔一起到厢房里去。
I saw he was longing 3 to get away to the bush, and at the end of the month I asked him what he intended to do. 我看得出来,他渴望回到丛林里去。到了一个月头上,我问他打算怎么办。
He said if Ata was willing to go, he was willing to go with her. 他说,要是爱塔愿意走的话,他是愿意同爱塔一起走的。
So I gave them a wedding dinner. 于是我给他们准备了一桌喜酒。
I cooked it with my own hands. 我亲自下的厨。
I gave them a pea soup and lobster 4 a la portugaise, and a curry 5, and a cocoa-nut salad—you've never had one of my cocoa-nut salads, have you? 我给他们做了豌豆汤、葡萄牙式的大虾、咖喱饭和椰子色拉——你还没尝过我做的椰子色拉呢,是不是?
I must make you one before you go—and then I made them an ice. 在你离开这里以前我一定给你做一回——我还给他们准备了冰激凌。
We had all the champagne 6 we could drink and liqueurs to follow. 我们拼命地喝香槟,接着又喝甜酒。
Oh, I'd made up my mind to do things well. 啊,我早就打定主意,一定要把婚礼办得像个样子。
And afterwards we danced in the drawing-room. 吃完了饭,我们就在客厅里跳舞。
I was not so fat, then, and I always loved dancing." 那时候我还不象现在这么胖,我从年轻的时候就喜欢跳舞。”
n.泻湖,咸水湖
- The lagoon was pullulated with tropical fish.那个咸水湖聚满了热带鱼。
- This area isolates a restricted lagoon environment.将这一地区隔离起来使形成一个封闭的泻湖环境。
n.礁,礁石,暗礁
- The ship and its crew were lost on the reef.那条船及船员都触礁遇难了。
- The ship was wrecked on a coral reef.这条船在珊瑚暗礁上撞毁了。
n.(for)渴望
- Hearing the tune again sent waves of longing through her.再次听到那首曲子使她胸中充满了渴望。
- His heart burned with longing for revenge.他心中燃烧着急欲复仇的怒火。
n.龙虾,龙虾肉
- The lobster is a shellfish.龙虾是水生贝壳动物。
- I like lobster but it does not like me.我喜欢吃龙虾,但它不适宜于我的健康。
n.咖哩粉,咖哩饭菜;v.用咖哩粉调味,用马栉梳,制革
- Rice makes an excellent complement to a curry dish.有咖喱的菜配米饭最棒。
- Add a teaspoonful of curry powder.加一茶匙咖喱粉。
标签:
月亮和六便士