英语小达人 323 You Know the History
英语课
You Know the History
你知道的历史
Adam was walking around the Garden of Eden feeling very lonely, so God asked him, "What is wrong with you?"
亚当孤独地在伊甸园里游荡,上帝问他:“你怎么啦?”
Adam said he didn't have anyone to talk to.
亚当说没有人陪他说话。
God said that He was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be a woman.
于是上帝说要给他造一个伴——一个女人。
He said, "This person will gather food for you, cook for you, and when you discover clothing she'll wash it for you.
上帝说:“女人会为你采集食物,给你做饭,你发现做衣服的材料时,她会帮人洗。”
"She will always agree with every decision you make.
“她会同意你做出的每个决定。”
"She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them.
“她会为你生孩子,而且不用你半夜爬起来照顾他们。”
"She will not nag 1 you and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've had a disagreement 2.
“她不会对你喋喋不休,在你们有不同意见时,她总会先承认错误。”
"All in all, she will enjoy being with you."
“总之,她很享受和你在一起。”
Adam asked God, "What will a woman like this cost?"
亚当问上帝:“这样的女人要我付出什么代价?”
God replied, "An arm and a leg."
上帝答道:“一只胳臂和一条腿。”
Then Adam asked, "What can I get for a rib 3?"
亚当问:“我用一根肋骨能得到什么?”
The rest is history...
后面的事情你们都知道了……
v.(对…)不停地唠叨;n.爱唠叨的人
- Nobody likes to work with a nag.谁也不愿与好唠叨的人一起共事。
- Don't nag me like an old woman.别像个老太婆似的唠唠叨叨烦我。
n.不一致;分歧;意见不合
- They were in disagreement about the move to Cambridge.他们在是否迁居剑桥方面有争议。
- I hope this disagreement does not divide us.我希望意见不同不至于使我们分道扬镳。
标签:
英语达人