英语小达人 256 Where's My Booger?
英语课
Where's My Booger?
我的鼻屎干哪儿去了?
As I was trying to pack for vacation, my 3-year-old daughter was having a wonderful time playing on the bed.
在我忙着为出去度假收拾行李的时候,我3岁的女儿在麻上玩儿得很开心。
At one point, she said, "Mom, look at this," and stuck out two of her fingers.
一时,她伸出两根手指,说:“妈妈,看这个。”
Trying to keep her entertained, I reached out and stuck her fingers in my mouth and said, "Mommy is gonna eat your fingers!" pretending to eat them before I rushed out of the room again.
为了逗她玩儿,我凑过去把她的手指放到我嘴里假装吃掉:“妈妈把你的手指吃掉了!”然后我就跑出了房间。
When I returned, my daughter was standing 1 on the bed staring at her fingers with a devastated 2 look on her face and tears down her face.
等我回来的时候,我的女儿站在床上,伤心地盯着她的手指,眼泪都流下来了。
I said, "What's wrong honey?"
“怎么了,我的宝贝?”
Sad and broken up she looked at me and said, "Mommy, where is my booger?"
她伤心欲绝地看着我说:“妈妈,我的鼻屎干到哪儿去了?”
重点讲解:
1. stick out
伸出;探出;
eg. She made a face and stuck out her tongue at him.
她做了个鬼脸,向他吐了吐舌头。
eg. He stuck his hand out and he said, 'Good evening.'
他伸出手说:“晚上好。”
eg. Don't stick your head out of the train window.
不要把头伸出火车窗外面。
3. stare at sb/sth.
凝视;盯着看;
eg. Tamara stared at him in disbelief, shaking her head.
塔玛拉一边狐疑地盯着他看,一边摇着头。
eg. The children stared at the teacher with awe 3.
孩子很敬畏地凝视着老师。
eg. Don't stare at me like that.
不要那样地盯着我。
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
v.彻底破坏( devastate的过去式和过去分词);摧毁;毁灭;在感情上(精神上、财务上等)压垮adj.毁坏的;极为震惊的
- The bomb devastated much of the old part of the city. 这颗炸弹炸毁了旧城的一大片地方。
- His family is absolutely devastated. 他的一家感到极为震惊。