英语听书《海底两万里》第114期 第8章 动中之动(17)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
But all earthly things come to an end, all things must pass, even the hunger of people who haven't eaten for fifteen hours.
可是,什么事都是有始有终的,都要过去的,就是饿眷肚子,十五小时没吃东西这样的事也不是例外的。
Our appetites appeased 1, we felt an urgent need for sleep.
现在矜们的肚子装满了,又迫切地感到需要睡觉了。
A natural reaction after that interminable night of fighting for our lives.
我们跟死亡连续斗争了一夜,现在想睡觉也是很自然的。
Ye gods, I'll sleep soundly, Conseil said.
说真的,我真想好好地睡一觉。康塞尔说。
Me, I'm out like a light! Ned Land replied.
我也想睡一睡!尼德·兰答。
My two companions lay down on the cabin's carpeting and were soon deep in slumber 2.
我的两个同伴躺在舱房的地毯上,不久就呼呼地酣睡了。
As for me, I gave in less readily to this intense need for sleep.
至于我个人,虽然感到有睡觉的需要,可是却不那么容易睡得着。
Too many thoughts had piled up in my mind, too many insoluble questions had arisen, too many images were keeping my eyelids 3 open! Where were we?
很多的思虑涌上心头,很多不可解决的问题塞满了我的脑子,很多的想象要我的眼睛睁开来!我们在哪儿?
安抚,抚慰( appease的过去式和过去分词 ); 绥靖(满足另一国的要求以避免战争)
- His hunger could only be appeased by his wife. 他的欲望只有他的妻子能满足。
- They are the more readily appeased. 他们比较容易和解。
n.睡眠,沉睡状态
- All the people in the hotels were wrapped in deep slumber.住在各旅馆里的人都已进入梦乡。
- Don't wake him from his slumber because he needs the rest.不要把他从睡眠中唤醒,因为他需要休息。
标签:
海底两万里