月亮和六便士 第二十八章(4)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:月亮和六便士
英语课
My heart was like lead. 我的心沉重得象一块铅块。
I was afraid something was going to happen, and I wished I hadn't spoken. 我担心一定要发生点什么事,非常懊悔刚才提出叫他走的事。
He looked round for his hat. 他四处望了望,找自己的帽子。
Then she spoke 1: 'I'm going with Strickland, Dirk,' she said. 'I can't live with you any more.' 这时候勃朗什开口了:“我同思特里克兰德一起走,戴尔克,”她说。“我不能同你生活下去了。”
I tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come. “我想说什么,可是一个字也说不出来。
Strickland didn't say anything. He went on whistling as though it had nothing to do with him. 思特里克兰德也一句话不说。他继续吹着口哨,仿佛这一切同他都毫不相干似的。”
Stroeve stopped again and mopped his face. 施特略夫又停了下来,开始揩汗。
I kept quite still. I believed him now, and I was astounded 2. But all the same I could not understand. 我默不作声。我现在相信他了,我感到很吃惊。但是我仍然不能理解。
Then he told me, in a trembling voice, with the tears pouring down his cheeks, 这时候他满面泪痕、声音抖抖索索地对我讲,
how he had gone up to her, trying to take her in his arms, but she had drawn 3 away and begged him not to touch her. 他如何走到她跟前,想把她搂在怀里,她又如何把身体躲开,不叫他碰到自己。
He implored 4 her not to leave him. He told her how passionately 5 he loved her, and reminded her of all the devotion he had lavished 6 upon her. 他求她不要离开,告诉她自己是多么爱她,叫她想一想自己对她的一片真情。
He spoke to her of the happiness of their life. 他谈到他们的幸福生活。
He was not angry with her. He did not reproach her. 他一点也不生她的气。他丝毫也不责怪她。
Please let me go quietly, Dirk, she said at last. "Don't you understand that I love Strickland? Where he goes I shall go." “请你让我安安静静地走开吧,戴尔克,”最后她说,“你不知道我爱思特里克兰德吗?他到什么地方,我就跟他到什么地方去。”
But you must know that he'll never make you happy. For your own sake don't go. “但是你一定得知道他是永远也不会使你幸福的。为了你自己的缘故,还是不要走吧。
You don't know what you've got to look forward to. 你不明白等待你的将是什么。”
It's your fault. You insisted on his coming here. “这是你的过错,是你坚持叫他来的。”
He turned to Strickland. 施特略夫转向思特里克兰德。
Have mercy on her, he implored him. "You can't let her do anything so mad." “可怜可怜她吧,”他哀求说,“你不能叫她做出这种发疯的事来。”
She can do as she chooses, said Strickland. "She's not forced to come." “她愿意怎么做就怎么做,”思特里克兰德说,“我并没有强迫她跟着我。”
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
v.使震惊(astound的过去式和过去分词);愕然;愕;惊讶
- His arrogance astounded her. 他的傲慢使她震惊。
- How can you say that? I'm absolutely astounded. 你怎么能说出那种话?我感到大为震惊。
v.拖,拉,拔出;adj.憔悴的,紧张的
- All the characters in the story are drawn from life.故事中的所有人物都取材于生活。
- Her gaze was drawn irresistibly to the scene outside.她的目光禁不住被外面的风景所吸引。
恳求或乞求(某人)( implore的过去式和过去分词 )
- She implored him to stay. 她恳求他留下。
- She implored him with tears in her eyes to forgive her. 她含泪哀求他原谅她。
ad.热烈地,激烈地
- She could hate as passionately as she could love. 她能恨得咬牙切齿,也能爱得一往情深。
- He was passionately addicted to pop music. 他酷爱流行音乐。
标签:
月亮和六便士