美国语文第二册 第47期:猫头鹰(1)
时间:2019-02-11 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第二册
英语课
LESSON 52 第五十二课
oak 橡树
dusk 黄昏
fight 搏斗
squeak 1 吱吱声
ruffled 2 起伏的
bag 袋子
Fred 弗瑞德
whoo 咕
awake 清醒
creeping 爬行
THE OWL 3 猫头鹰
"Where did you get that owl, Harry 4?" “哈里,你是从哪里逮到这只猫头鹰的?”
"Fred and I found him in the old, hollow oak." “弗瑞德和我在一棵老橡树的空洞里发现它的。”
"How did you know he was there?" “你怎么知道它在那儿呢?”
"I'll tell you. “我告诉你,
Fred and I were playing 'hide and seek' round the old barn, one night just at dusk. 一天傍晚,弗瑞德和我在谷仓周围玩捉迷藏”。
"I was just creeping round the corner, “我刚爬到角落里,
when I heard a loud squeak, 就听见一记响亮的吱吱声。
and a big bird flew up with something in his claws. 一只大鸟腾空而起,爪子上抓着一些东西。”
"I called Fred, 我叫上弗瑞德,
and we watched him as he flew to the woods. 一起看着它飞向树林。
Fred thought the bird was an owl, 弗瑞德认为那是只猫头鹰,
and that he had a nest in the old oak. 它的窝在老橡树里。
"The next day we went to look for him, “第二天,我们去找它,
and, sure enough, he was there." 发现他就在那里。”
"But how did you catch him? “但你们是怎么逮着它的呢?
I should think he could fight like a good fellow with that sharp bill." 我想它可以用锋利的喙像勇士一样搏斗。”
"He can when he is wide awake; “它十分清醒时是可以的,
but owls 5 can't see very well in the daytime, 但猫头鹰在白天看不太清楚东西,
and he was taking a nap. 它正在打盹儿。”
"He opened his great eyes, “它睁开它的大眼睛,
and ruffled up his feathers, 竖起羽毛,
and said, "Whoo! Whoo!' 说:‘咕!咕!’
'Never mind who,' Fred said, ‘是谁都没关系。’弗瑞德说着,
and slipped him into a bag." 就把它塞进了袋子。”
n.吱吱声,逃脱;v.(发出)吱吱叫,侥幸通过;(俚)告密
- I don't want to hear another squeak out of you!我不想再听到你出声!
- We won the game,but it was a narrow squeak.我们打赢了这场球赛,不过是侥幸取胜。
n.猫头鹰,枭
- Her new glasses make her look like an owl.她的新眼镜让她看上去像只猫头鹰。
- I'm a night owl and seldom go to bed until after midnight.我睡得很晚,经常半夜后才睡觉。
vt.掠夺,蹂躏,使苦恼
- Today,people feel more hurried and harried.今天,人们感到更加忙碌和苦恼。
- Obama harried business by Healthcare Reform plan.奥巴马用医改掠夺了商界。