美国语文第三册 第80期:不要给我花冠(2)
时间:2019-02-11 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第三册
英语课
When the little party had reached an open space in the woods, her companions ran about enjoying themselves; 她们的小聚会转移到树林里的一块空地,同伴们跑来跑去非常开心,
but Susan sat on the grass, wishing she were at home confessing her fault. 然而苏珊却坐在草地上,希望自己是在家里,正在承认自己的错误。
After a while Rose cried out, "Let us make a crown of violets, and put it on the head of the best girl here." 过了一会儿,罗斯高声说:“我们用紫罗兰编一个花冠吧,把它戴在这里最好的女孩的头上。”
"It will be easy enough to make the crown, but not so easy to decide who is to wear it," said Julia. “编花冠不难,可是要决定谁可以戴上它就不容易了。”茱莉亚说。
"Why, Susan is to wear it, of course," said Rose: "is she not said to be the best girl in school and the most obedient at home?" “谁说的,当然是苏珊戴上它,”罗斯说,“难道她不是公认在学校里学习最好、在家里最听话的女孩吗?”
"Yes, yes; the crown shall be for Susan," cried the other girls, and they began to make the crown. It was soon finished. “对对对,花冠应该属于苏珊。”其他女孩叫道,她们开始编织花冠,很快就编好了。
"Now, Susan," said Rose, "put it on in a very dignified 1 way, for you are to be our queen." “来,苏珊,”罗斯说,“仪态高贵地把它戴上,因为你是我们的皇后。”
As these words were spoken, the crown was placed on her head. 话音刚落,花冠就戴在了苏珊的头上。
In a moment she snatched it off, and threw it on the ground, saying, "No crown for me; I do not deserve it." 过了一会儿,她突然把花冠扯了下来,扔在地上,说:“不要给我花冠,我不配戴它。”
The girls looked at her with surprise. 女孩们惊讶地看着她。
"I have deceived my grandmother," said she, while tears flowed down her cheeks. “我欺骗了我的奶奶,”苏珊说,泪水顺着她的脸颊流了下来。
I altered the mark she put in the stocking, that I might join you in the woods. 我挪用了她放在袜子里的标志,所以我才能到树林里来和你们一起玩。
"Do you call that wicked?" asked one of the girls." “你认为这是坏事?”一个女孩问道。
I am quite sure it is; and I have been miserable 2 all the time I have been here." “我很肯定这是坏事,我待在这里一直感到很痛苦。”
Susan now ran home, and as soon as she got there she said, with a beating heart, "O grandmother! 此时,苏珊往家的方向飞奔起来。一回到家,心还“怦怦”跳着,“噢,奶奶!
I deserve to be punished, for I altered the mark you put in the stocking. 我应该受罚,因为我挪用了你放在袜子里的标志。
Do forgive me; I am very sorry and unhappy. 请千万要原谅我,我一直感到歉疚和不开心。”
"Susan," said her grandmother, "I knew it all the time; but I let you go out, hoping that your own conscience would tell you of your sin." “苏珊,”奶奶开口说,“我从一开始就知道,但我还是让你出去玩,希望你自己的良心会告诉你自己的过错。”
I am so glad that you have confessed your fault and your sorrow." 我很高兴你承认了自己的错误,并且为此感到伤心。
When shall I be your own little girl again? 我什么时候可以变回你亲爱的小孙女呢?
"Now," was the quick reply, and Susan's grandmother kissed her forehead . “现在!”回答很迅速。奶奶在苏珊的前额印上一个吻。
a.可敬的,高贵的
- Throughout his trial he maintained a dignified silence. 在整个审讯过程中,他始终沉默以保持尊严。
- He always strikes such a dignified pose before his girlfriend. 他总是在女友面前摆出这种庄严的姿态。