纸牌屋第一季 第135期:为什么敲戒指?
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
塔斯克太太,叫我珍就好了
You must be Frank 2. Come in.
你一定是弗兰克了,快请进
So nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
The guest room is this way.
客房在这边
It is very kind of you to have invited me to stay here.
邀请我来住,真是太贴心了
Why waste the taxpayers 3' money on a hotel
我们这儿有舒适的床
when we have a perfectly 4 good bed?
何必浪费纳税人的钱住宾馆呢
Well, both they and I are very grateful.
纳税人和我都十分感激
I'm sorry Raymond isn't awake to greet you.
抱歉雷蒙德睡下了不能来迎你
He goes to bed at... I know he's an early riser.
他睡觉... 我知道他习惯早起
I understand.
我理解的
Would you like a wakeup knock?
你要我早上敲门叫你吗
No. I have an alarm on my phone.
不用了,我手机上有闹铃
Sleep tight. Thank you so much.
晚安,非常感谢
I would say good morning, but it's the middle of the night.
我想问早安,但现在是大半夜
It's a pleasure to meet you. And you too.
见到你很高兴,我也是
Was I making too much noise?
我太吵了吗
No. I smelled bacon.
不是,我闻到了培根香
Here.
给你
Coffee? Booze?
咖啡还是酒
2:00 a.m., you can go either way.
凌晨两点,任你选
Just water for now.
来杯水就好
It's filtered 5. Your wife would approve.
过滤过的水,你妻子会喜欢的
You ever been to St. Louis before?
你之前来过圣路易斯吗
Just the airport.
只来过机场
What do you think so far?
你有什么看法
Well, I've only seen your neighborhood
我只见到了你的邻居
and whatever I could see out the window on the interstate.
还沿洲际公路看到了一些风景
Good enough. It's all pretty much the same.
可以了,看起来都差不多
Excuse me.
抱歉
Listen, um, I still haven't showered.
听着,我还没洗澡
My mind is on China here.
还在想着中国的事
Uh, what do you say you get a few more zs
不如你再睡一会儿
and we try this again in a few hours with our clothes on?
我们几小时后再好好谈
Sounds like a plan.
好啊
Meet me at my office at 9:30.
九点半在我办公室见
I'll have a driver pick you up.
我派司机来接你
Can I ask why you do that?
能问下你为什么要那样做吗
Do what? Tap your ring like that.
做什么,敲你的戒指
I've seen you do it on TV.
我在电视上见你那么做过
Two taps every time you get up from a table or leave a lectern.
每次你起身离桌或是结束演讲你都会那么做
Something my father taught me.
我父亲教我的
It's meant to harden 6 your knuckles 7
可以强健指关节
so you don't break them if you get into a fight.
打架的时候就不会弄断它们
It also has the added benefit of knocking on wood.
而且还顺道敲了木头(西方的吉兆)
My father believed that success
我父亲认为成功
is a mixture of preparation and luck.
准备和运气缺一不可
Tapping the table kills both birds with one stone.
敲敲桌子可以一石二鸟
Your father was a peach farmer?
你父亲不是个桃农吗
Yes, he was. Not a very successful one.
是的,而且做得并不好
Lack of preparation or lack of luck? Lack of both.
少了准备还是运气,都少
He was better at giving advice than following it.
他说得好做不好
Miss? Miss, your card.
小姐,小姐,你的卡
Thank you.
谢谢
n.獠牙,长牙,象牙
- The wild boar had its tusk sunk deeply into a tree and howled desperately.野猪的獠牙陷在了树里,绝望地嗥叫着。
- A huge tusk decorated the wall of his study.他书房的墙上装饰着一支巨大的象牙。
adj.坦白的,直率的,真诚的
- A frank discussion can help to clear the air.坦率的谈论有助于消除隔阂。
- She is frank and outgoing.她很爽朗。
纳税人,纳税的机构( taxpayer的名词复数 )
- Finance for education comes from taxpayers. 教育经费来自纳税人。
- She was declaiming against the waste of the taxpayers' money. 她慷慨陈词猛烈抨击对纳税人金钱的浪费。
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
- The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
- Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。
v.(使)变硬;(使)变得坚强,(使)变得冷酷
- They harden clay by putting it in a fire.他们把粘土坯放在炉火里使其变硬。
- Don't harden your heart against him.别对他硬心肠。