时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季


英语课

   permitted use versus 1 conditional 2 use?


  开放使用和限制使用的
  Are we still talking about the watershed 3?
  我们是在说流域法案吗
  No. Drilling. Natural gas.
  不,开采,天然气
  Sir, you supported increased regulation.
  先生,你之前支持加大监管啊
  Well, no. I... I...
  不,我...
  it may have looked that way, but, uh,
  可能看起来是这样,但...
  in fact, to be clear, I'm for less...
  事实上,其实我是赞成少些...
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  regulation.
  监管的
  Yes, sir.
  好的,先生
  In the watershed bill, the language clearly stated...
  但流域法案中,清楚表明...
  It didn't pass.
  但它没通过
  Well, right. That's what I'm asking about.
  没错,这就是我的问题
  What about it? Why it didn't pass?
  什么意思,它为什么没通过
  I just said.
  我刚说了
  No, sir. I don't think you did.
  不,先生,我认为你没有
  It just didn't.
  它就是没通过
  Sir, three days ago, you predicted...
  先生,三天前,你预测说...
  I'm talking about fucking natural gas.
  我在说他妈的天然气
  I'm sorry.
  对不起
  Congressman 4, I have to ask you a question,
  议员先生,我得问你一个问题
  and it may come across as indelicate,
  可能会有点唐突
  but are you drunk right now?
  你是不是喝醉了
  What? No. No. I'm fine. I'm fine.
  什么,没有,没有,我没事,没事
  I'm just... I'm really tired, you know?
  我只是...很累
  I've been on the campaign trail for a few weeks now,
  我忙了几周的竞选活动了
  Congressman?
  议员先生
  Congressman? Congressman?
  议员先生,议员先生
  It's my fault.
  都是我的错
  I shouldn't have let you.
  我不该让你做的
  I'm fucked.
  我完蛋了
  Okay. Listen. We sober you up.
  听着,我们先帮你醒酒
  We'll make some kind of announcement as soon as possible.
  再尽快发表个声明
  There's nothing I can say.
  说什么都没用了
  We'll figure this out.
  我们会想出对策的
  Come on.
  起来
  You're gonna take a shower.
  去冲个澡
  Come on.
  来吧
  There you go. Come on.
  这就对了,来吧
  How bad is it?
  有多糟
  It all depends on whether
  关键要看
  it gets picked up by the mainstream 5 press.
  主流媒体会不会报道
  Well, shall I fill in the president? No. Hold off on that.
  那要告诉总统吗,不用,先别说
  I need to speak to Peter, coordinate 6 with his campaign.
  我要和彼得谈一谈,协调一下他的竞选
  You'll be the first call I make.
  完事了第一个打给你
  Frank, before you go,
  弗兰克,先别挂
  I got an email this morning.
  我早上收到一封电邮
  Stanford reversed their decision.
  斯坦福改变了决定
  That's wonderful.
  太好了
  The Provo said Gillian Cole reached out to him.
  教务长说吉莉安·科尔跟他打了招呼
  I googled her. She works for Claire.
  我上网查了,她为克莱尔工作
  Thank you. No reason to thank me.
  谢谢你,不用谢我
  Ruben was just ecstatic.
  鲁本高兴极了
  I don't know how I'm gonna repay you.
  我都不知道该怎么报答你
  The fact that your son is happy is more than enough.
  你儿子高兴就够了
  You'll keep me posted on Peter? You bet.
  彼得那边你随时通知我,当然
  Okay.
  好的
  Hey, boss.
  先生
  Are you still with him? Yeah.
  你还和他在一块吗,是的
  He's taking a shower. How're we looking?
  他在冲澡,情况怎么样
  Zoe Barnes posted ten minutes ago.
  十分钟前佐伊·巴恩斯在网上曝光
  It's already on the New York times web site.
  《纽约时报》官网已经报道了
  The kid is done.
  这孩子完了
  Have Nancy set up a meeting with the Vice 8 President.
  让南茜安排跟副总统会面
  Today if possible. Will do.
  最好今天,就去办
  And keep an eye on Peter. He's done his duty.
  留心彼得,他该做的都做了
  Let's get him back on his feet. You got it.
  让他重新振作起来,没问题
  And now Jim Matthews comes to the fore 7,
  现在轮到吉姆·马修斯出场了
  though he doesn't know it yet.
  不过他自己还不知道呢
  He will find solace 9 in his beloved Pennsylvania,
  他会在他心爱的宾州找到慰藉
  though Peter Russo will find solace nowhere.
  而彼得·罗素则没那么幸运
  It only takes ten seconds to crush a man's ambitions.
  十秒钟就足以摧毁一个人的雄心
  I need to take care that I protect mine.
  我得小心保护自己的雄心
  Peter.
  彼得
  Peter!
  彼得
  Peter?
  彼得

prep.以…为对手,对;与…相比之下
  • The big match tonight is England versus Spain.今晚的大赛是英格兰对西班牙。
  • The most exciting game was Harvard versus Yale.最富紧张刺激的球赛是哈佛队对耶鲁队。
adj.条件的,带有条件的
  • My agreement is conditional on your help.你肯帮助我才同意。
  • There are two forms of most-favored-nation treatment:conditional and unconditional.最惠国待遇有两种形式:有条件的和无条件的。
n.转折点,分水岭,分界线
  • Our marriage was at a watershed.我们的婚姻到了一个转折关头。
  • It forms the watershed between the two rivers.它成了两条河流的分水岭。
n.(美)国会议员
  • He related several anecdotes about his first years as a congressman.他讲述自己初任议员那几年的几则轶事。
  • The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。
n.(思想或行为的)主流;adj.主流的
  • Their views lie outside the mainstream of current medical opinion.他们的观点不属于当今医学界观点的主流。
  • Polls are still largely reflects the mainstream sentiment.民调还在很大程度上反映了社会主流情绪。
adj.同等的,协调的;n.同等者;vt.协作,协调
  • You must coordinate what you said with what you did.你必须使你的言行一致。
  • Maybe we can coordinate the relation of them.或许我们可以调和他们之间的关系。
adv.在前面;adj.先前的;在前部的;n.前部
  • Your seat is in the fore part of the aircraft.你的座位在飞机的前部。
  • I have the gift of fore knowledge.我能够未卜先知。
n.坏事;恶习;[pl.]台钳,老虎钳;adj.副的
  • He guarded himself against vice.他避免染上坏习惯。
  • They are sunk in the depth of vice.他们堕入了罪恶的深渊。
n.安慰;v.使快乐;vt.安慰(物),缓和
  • They sought solace in religion from the harshness of their everyday lives.他们日常生活很艰难,就在宗教中寻求安慰。
  • His acting career took a nosedive and he turned to drink for solace.演艺事业突然一落千丈,他便借酒浇愁。
标签: 纸牌屋 美剧