时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季


英语课

   When the enemy attacked, you ran away.


  敌人进攻,你临阵脱逃
  That's treason.
  就是叛国
  Now it's time to splatter your brains everywhere.
  现在你该付出代价了
  Please! Please, don't kill me!
  求你了,求求你,不要杀我
  Shut up! Die like a man!
  闭嘴,有点骨气受死吧
  But I have a wife and family.
  可我还有妻有儿
  That's what happens to cowards.
  这就是懦夫的下场
  纸牌屋第1季.jpg
  Hey, shh, shh, shh! You have to keep it down.
  嘘,嘘 ,小点声
  There's an important meeting going on. Sorry.
  里面正在开会呢,对不起
  I'll set you up in the copy room.
  我带你去复印室玩吧
  You won't be in the way there.
  就不会妨碍别人了
  This is gonna be a close vote.
  投票将会势均力敌
  Most of your colleagues are not gonna wanna spend
  你们大多同僚不愿在25个选区
  this amount of money in just 25 districts.
  投入这么多钱
  Try persuasion 1 first.
  尽量先说服他们
  Talking points are in your packets.
  要点包含在备忘录里
  And if you want more detailed 2 information...
  如果想了解更多详情
  research, statistics... you can contact Gillian or myself.
  调查,数据,可以联系吉莉安或我本人
  And when it comes to doling 3 out favors, talk to Doug.
  如果要做人情,找道格
  If favors don't work, come to me directly. Peter.
  要是那还不行,直接来找我,彼得
  I'll be campaigning in Pennsylvania.
  我将在宾州展开竞选活动
  All my events this week
  这周所有的竞选活动
  will be in counties within the watershed 4,
  都安排在流域内的几个郡
  so I'll be working the media angle.
  我会来应对媒体
  But if you need me to get on the phone with anybody,
  如果需要我跟谁电话详谈
  reach out to Christina.
  联系克里斯蒂娜
  She'll work it into my schedule.
  她会帮我做安排
  I have to say, Frank,
  我有话直说了,弗兰克
  $200 million is going to be a hard sell.
  拨款两亿很难博得支持
  The natural gas lobby's already putting up a big fight.
  天然气公司的说客已经开始奋力抵制了
  We need to make this about jobs.
  我们的立足点是提供就业机会
  But the drilling industry
  但开采行业
  can offer far more jobs than this bill can.
  能比法案提供更多的就业机会
  This bill doesn't threaten those jobs,
  我们的法案并不威胁那些岗位
  it just makes sure the drilling is done responsibly.
  它只是确保了开采过程的可靠负责
  It adds more jobs on top of that.
  此外还能增加更多就业机会
  I've already been approached by Sancorp with reelection funds.
  桑科已就改竞选经费跟我谈过了
  I have too. They offered me a donation package
  我也是,他们向我提供的资助
  from eight different drilling companies.
  来自八个不同的钻探公司
  Remy Danton? Yep.
  雷米·丹顿,是的
  How many of you been approached by Remy?
  雷米还找过谁
  Look, I know it's not easy to turn down money.
  我知道很难拒绝金钱
  But if the Republicans control redistricting in Pennsylvania,
  但如果让共和党控制了宾州的选区重划
  we lose the house next election,
  我们会在下次竞选中失去多数席位
  and all of you lose your committee chairmanships.
  你们也保不住各自委员会的主席身份
  This is a feather that we need in Peter's hat.
  这一仗我们要为彼得打赢
  A loss on this bill endangers his chance of winning,
  法案不通过会危及他的胜算
  and we are fighting to keep our majority here.
  我们要努力保住多数党的席位
  Any other concerns?
  还有疑问吗
  I want a first vote count by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.
  明天下午四点前拿出第一次计票结果
  Thank you all very much.
  非常感谢诸位
  It's brutal 5. 22 stops in three days.
  太残酷了,三天要跑22站
  That's a lot of sleeping on the bus. No sleeping.
  只能在车上睡觉了,哪有时间睡觉
  That bus is the only place I can get work done.
  我只能在车里干活儿了
  You know, Francis did a big bus tour in '98,
  98年弗兰西斯也曾去巡回竞选
  and the bus lost its brakes going down a hill,
  有一次车下坡时刹车失灵了
  and we landed in a tobacco field.
  结果冲进了烟草地里
  He gets out of the car, knocks on the farmer's door,
  他下了车,敲开农民的门
  writes a check for all the damaged crops,
  写了张支票,赔偿损坏的庄稼
  and then borrows his pickup 6 so he doesn't miss the next event.
  还借来了卡车,好赶去下一战的活动
  And it was actually fun.
  还挺有意思的
  He was driving. I was shotgun.
  他开车,我坐副驾
  We had the whole staff in the flatbed.
  工作人员都坐在平板挂车里
  We actually got there ten minutes early.
  我们还提前十分钟就到了
  I think I should be here to help drum up votes.
  我觉得我该在这儿争取选票
  Careful, sir. It's very hot.
  小心,议员先生,非常烫
  Look, you and the vice 7 president will get national coverage 8.
  你和副总统会引起全国媒体的注意
  That's gonna help us with the count.
  这就有助于我们得票了
  I reached out to him. He never got back to me.
  我联系过他了,但他没答复我
  I don't know if he even knows the talking points about the bill.
  我都不确定他是否知道法案的要点
  I don't think Jim wants to go.
  我看吉姆并不想去
  He's doing it as a favor to the president and I,
  他只是看总统和我的面子
  so it doesn't matter if he doesn't know the talking points.
  所以他知不知道要点都无关紧要
  You know, people wanna see him be folksy, you know?
  人们看到他和气的样子就够了
  So just humor him. Show him some degree of...
  就迁就他一下,给他几分...
  Oh, my God.
  天呐
  Are you okay? It was an accident.
  没事吧,不是故意的
  Okay, it's time for us to go. I'm so sorry.
  我们该走了,非常抱歉
  It's all right. I just need to run it under some cold water.
  没事,用冷水冲一下就好了
  I'm not going to lie.
  我不打算说假话
  I despise children.
  我讨厌小孩
  There. I've said it.
  我就这么说了
  You can't act like that in here.
  你怎么能这样呢
  You have to be a big boy. I know.
  你得懂点事,我知道
  Peter, we really need to get going.
  彼得,我们真得走了
  We've already missed one flight because the meeting went over.
  我们已经因为开会错过了一班飞机

n.劝说;说服;持有某种信仰的宗派
  • He decided to leave only after much persuasion.经过多方劝说,他才决定离开。
  • After a lot of persuasion,she agreed to go.经过多次劝说后,她同意去了。
adj.详细的,详尽的,极注意细节的,完全的
  • He had made a detailed study of the terrain.他对地形作了缜密的研究。
  • A detailed list of our publications is available on request.我们的出版物有一份详细的目录备索。
救济物( dole的现在分词 ); 失业救济金
  • "What are you doling?'she once demanded over the intercom. 有一次他母亲通过对讲机问他:“你在干什么? 来自英汉非文学 - 科学史
  • Many scrollbars are quite parsimonious in doling out information to users. 很多滚动条都很吝啬,给用户传递的信息太少。 来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
n.转折点,分水岭,分界线
  • Our marriage was at a watershed.我们的婚姻到了一个转折关头。
  • It forms the watershed between the two rivers.它成了两条河流的分水岭。
adj.残忍的,野蛮的,不讲理的
  • She has to face the brutal reality.她不得不去面对冷酷的现实。
  • They're brutal people behind their civilised veneer.他们表面上温文有礼,骨子里却是野蛮残忍。
n.拾起,获得
  • I would love to trade this car for a pickup truck.我愿意用这辆汽车换一辆小型轻便卡车。||The luck guy is a choice pickup for the girls.那位幸运的男孩是女孩子们想勾搭上的人。
n.坏事;恶习;[pl.]台钳,老虎钳;adj.副的
  • He guarded himself against vice.他避免染上坏习惯。
  • They are sunk in the depth of vice.他们堕入了罪恶的深渊。
n.报导,保险范围,保险额,范围,覆盖
  • There's little coverage of foreign news in the newspaper.报纸上几乎没有国外新闻报道。
  • This is an insurance policy with extensive coverage.这是一项承保范围广泛的保险。
标签: 纸牌屋 美剧
学英语单词
Alizay
andira inermiss
antiblue
antihedonism
archabbot
archin(e)
aroun
asparty-L-histidine
assembler machine
automatic computer
bear-pit
bore diameter of roller and cage thrust assembly
bouncinesses
brown v board of education
business expenditures for new plant and equipment
cantilever for basket
capacitacin
chromosomal RNA
column fractionating
critical regionalism
cyclic fatigue
dilatory
diplophase
directed edges
engaging piece
eoples
ersbyite (meiomite)
Eunectes murinus
feebates
fixed assets cost
fly right
food sources
genitourinary fistula
geometric locus
gielgud
gift-giving ritual
herpetineuron wichurae(broth)card.
Holmes's sign
hybrid storm
Inchkeith
including overtime
indian rupee
insaturity
inter-sectoral division of labour
intercoordination
jasminum prubescens willd.
K-back
least square solution
leib
level gage
lightwave
listeria meningitis
Lomnice nad Popelkou
lose concentration
low power objective
macrotrichia
Madhya Pradesh
magmatic
magnetic fault detection
margent
marketing risks
menaced
minimal space
moderately volatile fuel
money talks, bullshit walks
mortonagrion hirosei
nonlinear taper
object relation theory
octingentenary
opern
optical enlargement
perfluoro-
polarization spectroscopy
proportional weir
prospective path
Purkinje's phenomenon
Pyrus hopeiensis
quitclaimance
reciprocable motor
Red Pt.
relationists
repumping
running time
sap vesicle
single equation regression prediction
smallpox cake
spangled coquette
splash-landed
st. vincent and the grenadiness
standard test for glass viscometer
structural platform
table calculation
touchscreen
twenty-somethings
two-years
UHF converter
Upper Cretaceous
vent-type injection moulding
warm regards
wave-modulated oscilloscope tube
Yamakoshi
zero-access instruction