时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季


英语课

   You wanna know if I killed anyone?


  您想问我有没有杀过人
  I think I know the answer.
  我想我知道答案了
  I got a dinner meeting with Birch. I'll be...
  我和博奇吃晚餐,我要
  I invited him in for coffee.
  我请他进来喝杯咖啡
  Well, drink it fast. We leave in five...
  快点喝,我们五分钟内就要走
  Get down! Stay away from the windows!
  趴下,别靠近窗口
  Stop!
  站住
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  You'll have six of my best men covering you around the clock.
  我会派六名最好的手下24小时保护您
  I guess I'm wondering why we didn't at least have
  我好奇为什么现在保护我们的
  one of your best men covering us now.
  没有一个是你最好的手下
  He'll be disciplined, sir.
  他会受处罚,先生
  He shot a gun in a residential 1 neighborhood.
  他在居民区开枪
  I want him fired. There will be a full investigation 2,
  炒了他,我们会进行彻底调查
  and we'll take the necessary action.
  我们会采取必要的措施
  Steve never would've let this happen.
  要是史蒂夫在就没这些事了
  Is he better yet?
  他好点了吗
  Because I would feel a lot safer if he was with us.
  他在的话我会安心许多
  Unfortunately, he won't be coming back, sir.
  很遗憾,他回不来了,先生
  I thought he just had a gallbladder infection.
  我以为他只是胆囊感染
  He did, but they found more.
  是的,但还有更重的问题
  His pancreas, stage four.
  胰腺癌晚期
  Jesus. Oh, my God. That's awful.
  天哪,真可怕
  How much longer does he have?
  他还能活多久
  Not long. A few weeks.
  不多,只有几周
  At least that's what his wife told me.
  至少他妻子是这么说的
  We have to go see him. Can you get the information where he is?
  我们得去看看他,你能打听他在哪吗
  Of course. I'll make sure you get it right away.
  当然,我查到马上告诉你
  Thank you, Captain. Thank you.
  谢谢你,队长,谢谢
  You're welcome. Good night.
  不用谢,晚安
  Front door. Yes, sir.
  前门,是
  Your weapon.
  武器给我
  Your badge 3 too.
  还有徽章
  Am I suspended, sir?
  我被停职了吗
  You had a suspect on foot, and you fire your gun?
  嫌犯徒步逃跑,你居然开枪
  Sir, I realize that
  长官,我知道
  Do you know how this reflects on me?
  你知道这让我多丢人吗
  That one of our men could be so careless?
  我的手下这么没有分寸
  Not only do you abandon your post for coffee...
  你不仅擅自离岗去喝咖啡
  You could've killed a bystander.
  你要是射伤路人呢
  That slug was found in somebody's front stoop.
  你的子弹打中别人前门
  What if it went in their house?
  万一打进屋里了呢
  Your badge, Meechum.
  徽章,密查姆
  Two reasons, which are really the same reason.
  两个原因,其实都一样
  I was sick of working for other people,
  我受够给别人打工了
  and I knew I could do a better job than my bosses.
  而且我知道自己比老板更出色
  They kept trying to suppress 4 me, shutting me out.
  他们总想打压我,排斥我
  So I said, "Fuck it. I'll do it my way."
  我就想,我按自己的方式来吧
  Then you just quit? Not like you did.
  然后你就辞职了,和你不一样
  I slaved away until I lined up the money to start Slugline.
  我忍到攒够钱开头条网才走的
  Once Slugline gets big enough, what's the plan?
  头条网做大以后你有什么计划
  Are you gonna sell it like Arianna?
  像阿里安娜那样卖掉它吗
  Probably. And then who knows?
  可能吧,然后谁知道呢
  Whatever the next adventure is. Maybe Shanghai.
  迎接任何新挑战,说不定会去上海
  So I shouldn't expect to have a job in two years?
  那么我得准备好两年后重新找工作咯
  Do you ever wanna have any job for more than two years?
  你真会愿意同一份工作干两年吗
  What about you? What's your big plan?
  你又有什么计划
  Uh, I don't know yet.
  还没想好
  Come on. Slugline is just a stepping stone for you.
  得了吧,头条网只是你的垫脚石
  You know what? I should take this. Go. Do your thing.
  我得去接一下这个,快去吧
  Hey. You have proof Spinella was behind it?
  你能证明是斯比奈拉指使的吗
  Put it in context 6. Three weeks into a national teachers' strike
  写下来,全国教师罢工的第三周
  At the home of Francis Underwood, who has led the charge on
  法案负责人弗兰西斯·安德伍德议员家中...
  There you go. Now post that
  这就对了,赶快发布
  before one of my neighbors calls a local 11:00 hack 7.
  免得被我邻居占了先机
  When do I see you next?
  我什么时候可以见你
  I'm background on this. I'm not your source.
  我是此事的受害者,不是联络人
  You can't talk now?
  你现在不方便吗
  No. When?
  不,那什么时候方便
  Soon, with bells on.
  很快我就会乐意见你
  What about "More school books, less bricks"?
  "多些书籍少点砖头"怎么样
  Nah, it's too broad. We need a better sound bite.
  太宽泛了,这一口要咬得准一点
  Something specific,
  要具体点
  something that points the finger directly at Spinella.
  能直接把矛头指向斯比奈拉
  He'll deny any involvement. Of course he will.
  他会否认与之有关,他当然会
  So how do we get around that?
  所以我们该怎么说
  We say he can't control his troops.
  我们说他管不了他手下
  There's no evidence it was a teacher. Who else could it be?
  没有证据表明那是老师,不然会是谁
  He's gonna shift blame for the strike back on congress.
  他会把罢工的起因推回国会身上
  No. We need something clear, something clean,
  不行,我们的论点要简单,无可辩驳
  something that sticks in your head.
  让人能记住
  "Teachers need a lesson in selfrestraint."
  教师需要学会自制
  No. You're not hearing me. People like teachers.
  不,你没懂我说的,大家都爱戴老师
  No. We need something that makes Spinella the villain 8.
  我们要让斯比奈拉做那个恶人
  His lack of control, his inability Disorganized labor 9.
  他的不作为,无能,无组织劳工
  It's disorganized labor, plain and simple.
  显而易见,这是无组织劳工
  When you've got angry teachers
  当愤怒的教师
  throwing bricks through congressmen's windows,
  开始朝国会议员的窗户扔砖头
  you've gotta blame the union leadership.
  工会领袖必须受谴责
  We'll be beefing up the security for the entire leadership.
  我们将为所有高层议员增加安保
  And I strongly encourage Marty Spinella
  我强烈建议马蒂·斯比奈拉
  to keep his people in line.
  管好他的人
  This is starting to look like disorganized labor.
  现在变得像无组织劳工了
  Do you really think Marty Spinella is to blame?
  你真的认为马蒂·斯比奈拉该对此负责吗
  Whether Mr. Spinella is behind this or not,
  无论斯比奈拉先生是不是主使
  he might wanna tone 5 down the rhetoric 10
  他应该少花功夫打花枪
  before disorganized labor turns into organized crime.
  以免无组织劳工发展成有组织犯罪

adj.提供住宿的;居住的;住宅的
  • The mayor inspected the residential section of the city.市长视察了该市的住宅区。
  • The residential blocks were integrated with the rest of the college.住宿区与学院其他部分结合在了一起。
n.调查,调查研究
  • In an investigation,a new fact became known, which told against him.在调查中新发现了一件对他不利的事实。
  • He drew the conclusion by building on his own investigation.他根据自己的调查研究作出结论。
n.徽章,证章,标记,标识,象征
  • Every student should carry a school badge.每个学生都应该佩带校徽。
  • The olive leaf is a badge of peace.橄榄叶是和平的象征。
vt.压制,镇压,查禁,抑制,阻止
  • He continued to suppress the people and serve the imperialists.他继续镇压人民,为帝国主义效劳。
  • She was struggling to suppress her sobs.她拼命不让自己哭出来。
n.语气,音调,气度,色调;vt.(up)增强
  • There was a tone of mockery in his voice.他说话的语气含有嘲笑的意味。
  • Holmes used an informal,chatty tone in his essays.霍姆斯在文章中语气轻松随便。
n.背景,环境,上下文,语境
  • You can always tell the meaning of a word from its context.你常可以从上下文中猜出词义来。
  • This sentence does not seem to connect with the context.这个句子似乎与上下文脱节。
n.劈,砍,出租马车;v.劈,砍,干咳
  • He made a hack at the log.他朝圆木上砍了一下。
  • Early settlers had to hack out a clearing in the forest where they could grow crops.早期移民不得不在森林里劈出空地种庄稼。
n.反派演员,反面人物;恶棍;问题的起因
  • He was cast as the villain in the play.他在戏里扮演反面角色。
  • The man who played the villain acted very well.扮演恶棍的那个男演员演得很好。
n.劳动,努力,工作,劳工;分娩;vi.劳动,努力,苦干;vt.详细分析;麻烦
  • We are never late in satisfying him for his labor.我们从不延误付给他劳动报酬。
  • He was completely spent after two weeks of hard labor.艰苦劳动两周后,他已经疲惫不堪了。
n.修辞学,浮夸之言语
  • Do you know something about rhetoric?你懂点修辞学吗?
  • Behind all the rhetoric,his relations with the army are dangerously poised.在冠冕堂皇的言辞背后,他和军队的关系岌岌可危。
标签: 纸牌屋 美剧
学英语单词
acarodermatisis
adapter flange
adiabatic twin calorimeter
adventure film
amphophiles
be fond of doing
big mill
boldine
breeding reactor
brick up sth
briefman
bunk feeder
calusterone
caudogenin
centrolineads
chlorknallgas
cold hemagglutination
conductivity instrumentation
continental shelf sediment
control transfer mode
cultural establishments
cylinder separator
delayed proton
denominating
differential process
dilatational mode
ducks and geese
Eastern Abenaki
elliptic plane
emulsion column
euretaster insignis
feet people
fined glass
floating log or bamboo camel fender
Fort Sherman
frontier traffic
fullbank stage
gas inlet plug
genus Odontoglossum
give someone a miss
global literature
goodrich deicer
granduncles
hadronizes
hemacytometry
holstein-friesian cattle
hydraulic turbine operating performance curve
hydro-
hyperlethal
hypobranchialis media arteria
inflection angle
isotopic symbol
j sort
least square adjustment
limbo
mass communication
moad
music book
Nafud
Nalobikha
non-disjunctin
nonfatal error
nonhanging
nontrivialities
numerous errors
packing nut
peasse
photo-interpretation
pliskies
Polyporus officinalis Fr.
port glass
progressive block welding method
protureter
psychic reflex
pyloscopy
Qoryooley
Ramaria stricta
rat tail splice
record access block
renet
retropubic
roman polanski
S-propyl butylethyl thiocarbamate
Skathi
sliding tongs
slope-value method
slow time
smiliest
somatomammotropins
Sop Pong
Sterile Investment
sternlight
stiff paste
story height
super Invar alloy
tiprosilant
Trooilapspan
undertrumps
wagon-lit
water-bailage
wherify
wilmingtons