时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季


英语课

   If we do this event, the whole staff walks out.


  如果我们接这个活儿,全体员工就罢工
  I've got 300 guests
  我有三百位客人
  You signed a contract with my wife.
  你和我太太签了合同
  We'll refund 1 your wife's organization
  我们会把钱退给您太太的组织
  and pay for whatever the costs of moving the event to a more
  并补偿将活动移至更合适地点的
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  appropriate venue 2.
  一切费用
  And we would have to refund a half a million dollars in donations.
  我们得退回50万美元的捐款
  Can you pay for that, too?
  这个你们也能补偿吗
  Because I'm pretty sure there's cause for damages here.
  因为我确信这是致损原因
  I truly apologize, sir.
  十分抱歉,先生
  Who's your boss?
  你老板是谁
  I spoke 3 with the owners,
  我请示过业主们
  and they authorized 4 me to do what I think is best.
  他们允许我来做最佳选择
  And do they realize that they are shutting the door on 41 members
  那他们知道他们将41名国会议员
  of the United States Congress?
  拒之门外了吗
  Yes, sir, they do.
  是的,先生,他们明白
  I had to make a very hard judgment 5 call.
  我做了一个非常艰难的判断
  Well, I seriously question your judgment.
  我严重质疑你的判断能力
  You know, word travels fast in this town.
  要知道,话会很快传开
  All those luncheons 6 and conventions and dinners.
  那么多午餐会,会议和晚宴
  It's going to be a shame to lose all that work. Isn't it?
  失去这么多生意真是可惜
  Congressman 7, you are absolutely right,
  议员,您说的很对
  but if my staff walks out, I
  但是如果我的员工罢工,我
  Please understand the predicament I'm in.
  请您理解我的窘境
  I got an idea.
  我有办法了
  I know what we're going to do.
  我知道该怎么办了
  Honey, they're not going to let us have it inside.
  亲爱的,他们不让我们进去办
  We're going to have it right here
  我们就在这儿办
  on their front steps, picnic style.
  在他们门前阶上,办成野餐会
  What do you need from me?
  需要我做什么
  I need your manpower.
  人力
  Yes, sir, I'm on it.
  是,先生,马上照办
  Okay, everybody, stop what you're doing, and listen up.
  注意,放下手头的工作,听好了
  Yeah.
  喂
  Oh, hey, Frank.
  你好,弗兰克
  How soon? About three hours.
  多久,三 小时左右
  How many people we talking? Just 300.
  多少人,只 有三百个
  The florist 8 is going to send over whatever he has.
  花店会把所有的存货都送来
  Great.
  很好
  Francis, where are we with food?
  弗兰西斯,食品怎样了
  I've got hotdogs, pizzas, and soul food coming,
  我订到了热狗,比萨饼,还有南方黑人食品
  maybe something else.
  可能还有别的
  Girls, here's what I want.
  姑娘们,我是这么想的
  I want four bars, two on each level.
  四个吧台,每层两个
  The food can go there. The silent auction 9 goes here.
  食品放在那边,无声拍卖在这边
  Oh, and cancel the string quartet. Let's get a DJ.
  取消弦乐四重奏,找个DJ
  Doug, how are we on booze?
  道格,酒怎么样了
  Kegs are on the way now. Great.
  酒桶已经送过来了,很 好
  Oh, and call Denise at the office
  打电话去办公室找丹妮丝
  and have her bring every donation envelope she can find.
  让她把所有的捐款信封都带来
  Okay, messages, people.
  留言都给我
  Congressman Russo's office.
  罗素议员办公室
  Yes, can you hold one minute? Thank you.
  是的,麻烦等一下,谢谢
  Congressman, people keep calling about the shipyards.
  议员先生,大家都打电话问造船厂的事
  We don't know what to tell them.
  我们不知道该怎么说
  We just say we'll give you the message.
  就只说会转达留言
  Keep saying that. Here they are,
  继续这么说,都在这儿
  the messages and all the emails we've gotten, too.
  留言还有所有邮件
  You want me to Have a good night.
  你想让我...晚安
  Who did we reach?
  都找到谁了
  Herald 10, The Times, USA Today.
  《先驱报》《时代周刊》《今日美国》
  All right, I want affiliate 11 stations and cable news.
  好的,还要电台和有线新闻
  I want satellite trucks out there.
  让卫星直播车停在门口
  I want this on live TV.
  我要电视直播
  Okay, I'm on it.
  好的,这就去办
  You can't do this here.
  你们不能在这办
  Zoe, 8 P.M. tonight, Hotel Cotesworth.
  佐伊,今晚八点,科茨沃斯酒店酒店
  Benefit for my wife's charity.
  我妻子慈善机构的募捐晚宴
  No, wash your face and let your hair down.
  不,脸洗干净,头发放下来
  This is work and play.
  这既是工作也有乐子
  See you.
  回见
  I can tell you right now I'm going to need two dozen.
  我现在就跟你说,我要两打
  Paul, I'm going to need those by tomorrow, okay?
  保罗,我明天就要,明白吗
  Your guests are your problem, not mine, Julian.
  你的客人是你的问题,与我无关,朱利安
  I'll close the gate.
  我要关大门
  You know, I'm no expert in fire code,
  防火规章我不太懂
  but I would imagine that locking your guests in
  不过我想把客人关在里面
  is a bigger violation 12 than having them walk around us.
  比让他们随意走动更违规
  This is trespassing 13 on private property.
  这是非法侵入私人领地
  You're breaking the law.
  你这是违法
  Right, okay.
  好的,行
  Let me get Barney Hull 14 on the phone here for you.
  我帮你接巴尼·豪尔
  Here you go.
  给你
  It's ringing.
  铃在响
  Who's Barney Hull?
  谁是巴尼·豪尔
  The police commissioner 15.
  警察局长
  No? Okay.
  不要吗,好
  You'd rather talk to him in person, that's great.
  你想当面和他谈也行
  He's coming to the party.
  他会来派对
  I'll be sure to introduce him to you.
  我一定向他介绍你
  Thanks for your hospitality.
  谢谢你的款待
  Bar comes over here.
  吧台移到这边
  Put all that booze that way.
  酒都放那里去
  What do you want me to do?
  你要我怎么做
  I can't lock the gates, and they've got the police on their side.
  我不能锁门,他们有警察撑腰
  Unbelievable. Hold on.
  难以置信,稍等
  Cassandra,
  卡珊德拉
  I need 200 teachers
  找两百名老师
  at the Cotesworth Hotel right now.
  现在去科茨沃斯酒店
  I need a full picket 16.
  我要进行大规模示威
  200? I don't know if we can get that
  两百,我不确定能不能
  I don't want to hear it. Just get it done.
  我不想听,搞定就是了
  I don't give a fuck if they're teachers or not, frankly 17.
  坦白说,我根本不在乎他们是不是老师
  Just get me 200 bodies.
  给我找两百个活人
  You know, call the teamsters. Maybe they'll help us.
  打给卡车司机工会,也许他们会帮忙
  We'll give them glasses if we have to.
  大不了给他们副眼镜
  Tell the guys to look smart.
  让他们打扮精神点

v.退还,偿还;n.归还,偿还额,退款
  • They demand a refund on unsatisfactory goods.他们对不满意的货品要求退款。
  • We'll refund your money if you aren't satisfied.你若不满意,我们愿意退款给你。
n.犯罪地点,审判地,管辖地,发生地点,集合地点
  • The hall provided a venue for weddings and other functions.大厅给婚礼和其他社会活动提供了场所。
  • The chosen venue caused great controversy among the people.人们就审判地点的问题产生了极大的争议。
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
  • They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
  • The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
a.委任的,许可的
  • An administrative order is valid if authorized by a statute.如果一个行政命令得到一个法规的认可那么这个命令就是有效的。
n.审判;判断力,识别力,看法,意见
  • The chairman flatters himself on his judgment of people.主席自认为他审视人比别人高明。
  • He's a man of excellent judgment.他眼力过人。
n.午餐,午宴( luncheon的名词复数 )
  • Edith Helm was not invited to these intimate luncheons. 伊迪丝·赫尔姆没有被邀请出度反映亲密关系的午餐会。
  • The weekly luncheons became a regular institution. 这每周一次午餐变成了一种经常的制度。
n.(美)国会议员
  • He related several anecdotes about his first years as a congressman.他讲述自己初任议员那几年的几则轶事。
  • The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。
n.花商;种花者
  • The florist bunched the flowers up.花匠把花捆成花束。
  • Could you stop at that florist shop over there?劳驾在那边花店停一下好不好?
n.拍卖;拍卖会;vt.拍卖
  • They've put the contents of their house up for auction.他们把房子里的东西全都拿去拍卖了。
  • They bought a new minibus with the proceeds from the auction.他们用拍卖得来的钱买了一辆新面包车。
vt.预示...的来临,预告,宣布,欢迎
  • In England, the cuckoo is the herald of spring.在英国杜鹃鸟是报春的使者。
  • Dawn is the herald of day.曙光是白昼的先驱。
vt.使隶(附)属于;n.附属机构,分公司
  • Our New York company has an affiliate in Los Angeles.我们的纽约公司在洛杉矶有一个下属企业。
  • What is the difference between affiliate and regular membership?固定会员和附属会员之间的区别是什么?
n.违反(行为),违背(行为),侵犯
  • He roared that was a violation of the rules.他大声说,那是违反规则的。
  • He was fined 200 dollars for violation of traffic regulation.他因违反交通规则被罚款200美元。
[法]非法入侵
  • He told me I was trespassing on private land. 他说我在擅闯私人土地。
  • Don't come trespassing on my land again. 别再闯入我的地界了。
n.船身;(果、实等的)外壳;vt.去(谷物等)壳
  • The outer surface of ship's hull is very hard.船体的外表面非常坚硬。
  • The boat's hull has been staved in by the tremendous seas.小船壳让巨浪打穿了。
n.(政府厅、局、处等部门)专员,长官,委员
  • The commissioner has issued a warrant for her arrest.专员发出了对她的逮捕令。
  • He was tapped for police commissioner.他被任命为警务处长。
n.纠察队;警戒哨;v.设置纠察线;布置警卫
  • They marched to the factory and formed a picket.他们向工厂前进,并组成了纠察队。
  • Some of the union members did not want to picket.工会的一些会员不想担任罢工纠察员。
adv.坦白地,直率地;坦率地说
  • To speak frankly, I don't like the idea at all.老实说,我一点也不赞成这个主意。
  • Frankly speaking, I'm not opposed to reform.坦率地说,我不反对改革。
标签: 纸牌屋 美剧
学英语单词
accompanying sound
aislabies
aniston
annoyaunce
arcus pedis transversalis
artillery prime mover
atigi
auxochromous group
axillary sheath
Bannertown
Borate minerals
buttfucking
caseros
cemetery garden
civilianising
colonnas
come on strike
consulting work
cowcumber
debriefed
decision speed
declination constant
diamond-impregnated tool
Dipher
distributable surplus
distributed-emission photod
dotted quaver
egg-and-tongues
enamel lamp-shade
enterococcus faecalis
European Arum
evaporator tank
everlastin'
exception list
excessive issuance of bank notes
fenprinast
fillet welding machine
flavicomous
Floyd Bennett Field
fractional (deposit) banking
Fulsed
genus clinopodiums
Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve
groove-iike invagination
Habibābād
hammer throws
have young
Hevea brasiliensis Muell.-Arg.
hostiers
Hung's modified filtration counting method
inclined wharf
inertial lag
Intel Technology Provider
kentwood
Kerr effect self-focusing
Khetlāl
kinmonds
lambruscoes
lani
le massacre des amazones
legspinners
memabtine
monosomatous
most significant position
multi start screw thread
neat not gaudy
nephelo-
nondeserving
nonlobbying
nonsingular curve
notra
paytamine
pittosporum brevicalyx(oliv.)gagnep.
pooper-scoopers
pound-keepers
pseudocontrol vector
quick-acting spring switch
red infarct
rejectable process level
revenue accounts
rhabdornises
rilutek
ripply
roentgenograph
Rufus L.
sex-age specific death rate
slow belly
snowy tree-cricket
sorned
spoligotyping
standby emergency mode
Swift's disease
TATG
ten-year series
Thomas Moore
traffic accident prediction
unit separator
universal structural mill
vehicle leasing
verbalisable
wakeys-wakeys
whipped through