纸牌屋第一季 第40期:世界之井的吉莉安
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
Gillian Cole.
吉莉安·科尔
I came on board a couple of weeks ago.
我几周前刚加入的
Gillian. World well.
世界之井的吉莉安吗
Yeah.
是啊
I've heard great things.
我听过你不少好事
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
Remy Danton.
雷米·丹顿
You work with Claire?
你是克莱尔的同事吗
In a way.
算是吧
Hello, Remy.
你好,雷米
Claire.
克莱尔
I see you've met Gillian. Yes, just now.
看来你见过吉莉安了,是啊,刚刚认识
She's doing fantastic work for us,
她在为我们做了不起的工作
as you can see.
如你所见
Red is completed wells,
红色是已完工的水井
green, uh, potential sites,
绿色是可能地点
yellow approved sites,
黄色是获得许可的
and blue are the filtration centers.
蓝色是过滤中心
Nice. So you liking 1 it here?
很好,你喜欢这里吗
Yeah. My staff and I are loving it.
喜欢啊,我和工作人员都喜欢
Claire's opened a lot of doors for us.
克莱尔为我们创造了许多机会
Sounds like Claire.
克莱尔就是这样
Shall we head to my office?
去我办公室吧
Gillian, nice to meet you.
吉莉安,很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
我也是
What happened?
怎么回事
Things got complicated.
事情变复杂了
San Corp was in a difficult situation.
桑科当时面临困境
I would have thought you'd step up
我以为遇到困难
when things were difficult,
你会出面解决
not hold the donation hostage.
而不是拿捐款作交换条件
Well, things are less complicated now.
但现在又没那么复杂了
The donation is back on the table.
他们又愿意捐款了
I had to fire half my staff.
我被迫炒了半数员工
Now you can hire them back.
你可以再把他们雇回来了
San Corp is prepared to double its initial commitment...
桑科愿将最初承诺金额翻倍
1.5 million, lump sum, this quarter.
本季度一次性支付150万
Why? Public relations. Same as before.
为什么,和之前一样,公关
And what do they want from Francis?
他们想从弗兰西斯那里得到什么
Things are square with Frank.
我们跟弗兰克都扯平了
We're only talking about the C.W.I.
我们只谈净水计划的事
But why double it?
但为什么要翻倍
Because I said they should.
因为我说服了他们
The more they give, the more you can do.
他们给的越多,你们能做的也越多
The more you can do, the better they look.
你们做的越多,他们就越有面子
And that's why they hired Glendon Hill...
他们雇格兰顿希尔
to make them look good.
就是为了撑门面
And they also hired you to get traction 2 in congress.
他们还雇你在国会拉拢人
Not in this case.
这次不同
We want a longterm partnership 3, Claire.
我们想建立长期合作关系,克莱尔
This is an investment in the future.
这是对未来的投资
We're not attaching strings 4.
我们没有其他要求
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
They'd really love to move quickly on this.
他们希望能尽快落实
I said I'll think about it.
我说了我会考虑的
Madeleine, you have to email me this shit.
玛德琳,你得把这个发过来
I need it in writing.
我需要书面文件
And with more than an hour's notice.
而且还有一个多小时呢
Yeah, I know that,
是啊,我知道
but you have to understand we... we have a plan.
但你得理解,我们有计划的
We have a way that we do this,
我们做事有自己的方法
and when you...
如果你...
Okay.
好吧
Fine.
好
Yeah. Yeah. Bye.
嗯,再见
Madeleine has decided 5 to have
玛德琳临时起意
a spurofthemoment trip to Orlando with her
要跟她在交友网上认识的男友
latest eHarmony catch.
去奥兰多旅行
No headsup, no warning.
不事先通知,都不说一声
The kids?
孩子们呢
They get out of school at 2:30.
他们两点半放学
I can do the shipbuilders meeting.
我可以去和船厂的人会面
You sure?
真的
Yeah, it's just a public affairs team.
是的,只是个公共事务小组而已
I'll brief you, and then you can call them tomorrow.
回头我向你报告,你明天再打给他们
Go get your kids.
你去接孩子吧
n.爱好;嗜好;喜欢
- The word palate also means taste or liking.Palate这个词也有“口味”或“嗜好”的意思。
- I must admit I have no liking for exaggeration.我必须承认我不喜欢夸大其词。
n.牵引;附着摩擦力
- I'll show you how the traction is applied.我会让你看如何做这种牵引。
- She's injured her back and is in traction for a month.她背部受伤,正在作一个月的牵引治疗。
n.合作关系,伙伴关系
- The company has gone into partnership with Swiss Bank Corporation.这家公司已经和瑞士银行公司建立合作关系。
- Martin has taken him into general partnership in his company.马丁已让他成为公司的普通合伙人。
n.弦
- He sat on the bed,idly plucking the strings of his guitar.他坐在床上,随意地拨着吉他的弦。
- She swept her fingers over the strings of the harp.她用手指划过竖琴的琴弦。