纸牌屋第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第29期:特许学校
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
Hang on a second.
等一下
Reverend.
牧师先生
Congressman 1.
议员先生
Nice to see you again.
见到你真好
I wish it was under better circumstances.
真希望情况不是这个样子
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
Terrible, isn't it?
真是可怕的惨剧
It's just terrible.
太不幸了
This is so thoughtful what you've organized here.
你组织这场活动真是费心了
Least we can do.
绵薄之力罢了
Tell me, are the Masters in your congregation?
马斯特斯一家是你的教众吗
They are. They come every Sunday.
是的,他们每周日都来
Do you think they'll be at the service tomorrow?
他们明天也会去做礼拜吗
I'd be surprised if they weren't.
一定会的
I'm wondering can you do me a favor?
能帮我个忙吗
Anything for you, Frank.
什么都行,弗兰克
Oh, the blue toothbrush is yours, right?
蓝色的牙刷是你的,对吧
Uh, yeah, the blue one.
对,蓝色的
Hey, Peter? Yeah?
彼得,么事
Where do you keep the light bulbs?
你把灯泡放哪了
The lamp in the bedroom is out.
卧室的灯不亮了
In the kitchen, under the sink.
在厨房水槽下面
Here's what I think.
我是这么想的
I wish I could be bigger than this, but I can't,
我也希望自己能大度一些,但我做不到
and I'm being selfish,
我这么做很自私
and I realize it's mostly about me, but fuck it.
而且也只顾着自己,但管它呢
I have to say it.
我必须说出来
Please don't take that other job, Christina.
请不要接受那份工作,克里斯蒂娜
Anyway, that's how I feel.
反正,我就是这么想的
I'm glad you told me.
很高兴你告诉我了
Charters jeopardize 2 our ability to organize,
特许学校危及我们的组织能力
which is reason enough,
这个理由就足够了
but the bigger issue is
但更大的问题是
that measuring their success
以他们的绩效
Charters schools have operated
特许学校一直遵行的
under the same evaluative standards that every
评估标准,无异于任何...
Apples and oranges.
不同事物,区别对待
No matter how you look at it,
不论从哪个角度出发
you can't use the same standards to compare.
都不能用同一套标准去衡量
What, you're advocating a
你是在说
more demanding criteria 3 for charter schools than other schools
特效学校的考核标准应该更严格吗
Our point is simple, Frank.
我们的意思很简单,弗兰克
Several funds should only go
有些款项只能拨给
to public union school districts Hold on a second.
联邦公立学校,一下
Yeah, but we've already increased noncharter funding by 10%.
但我们已经将非特许学校的拨款增加了一成
The amount going to charter schools is negligible.
拨给特许学校的款项根本微不足道
It's the precedent 4, Frank, not the number.
这事没有先例,弗兰克,与数目无关
We're setting a lot of precedents 5, Marty.
我们要开启很多先例,马蒂
That's the nature of reform.
这才叫改革
Well, some of them we can stomach. Some of them we can't.
有些可以忍受,有些不能忍
All right, let's not get bogged 6 down in abstractions.
我们别纠结于这些模糊的问题了
Let's deal with specifics.
谈一下具体事宜吧
Corey, can you walk us through it?
科瑞,带我们从头理一遍吧
There's a threeprong approach
确定拨款的数额
to determining the amount of funding...
要采用三分法...
n.(美)国会议员
- He related several anecdotes about his first years as a congressman.他讲述自己初任议员那几年的几则轶事。
- The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。
vt.危及,损害
- Overworking can jeopardize your health.工作过量可能会危及你的健康。
- If you are rude to the boss it may jeopardize your chances of success.如果你对上司无礼,那就可能断送你成功的机会。
n.标准
- The main criterion is value for money.主要的标准是钱要用得划算。
- There are strict criteria for inclusion in the competition.参赛的标准很严格。
n.先例,前例;惯例;adj.在前的,在先的
- Is there a precedent for what you want me to do?你要我做的事有前例可援吗?
- This is a wonderful achievement without precedent in Chinese history.这是中国历史上亘古未有的奇绩。
引用单元; 范例( precedent的名词复数 ); 先前出现的事例; 前例; 先例
- There is no lack of precedents in this connection. 不乏先例。
- He copied after bad precedents. 他仿效恶例。
标签:
纸牌屋