英语听书《海底两万里》第374期 第24章 希腊群岛(9)
时间:2019-01-27 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
We can't stay any longer in this boiling water, I told the captain. 我们再不能留在这沸腾的水流中了。我对船长说。
No, it wouldn't be advisable, replied Nemo the Emotionless. 是的,再留在这儿就大不谨慎了。心平气和的尼摩回答说。
He gave an order. The Nautilus tacked 1 about and retreated from this furnace it couldn't brave with impunity 2. 命令发出,诺第留斯号船身转过来,离开这座熔炉,冒昧地留下难免要碰到危险呢!
A quarter of an hour later, we were breathing fresh air on the surface of the waves. 一刻钟后,我们又在海面上呼吸了。
It then occurred to me that if Ned had chosen these waterways for our escape attempt, we wouldn't have come out alive from this sea of fire. 于是我心中想,如果尼德·兰选择这-带的海来实行我们的逃走计划,我们恐怕不能活着走出这火海吧。
The next day, February 16, we left this basin, which tallies 4 depths of 3,000 meters between Rhodes and Alexandria, and passing well out from Cerigo Island after doubling Cape 3 Matapan, the Nautilus left the Greek Islands behind. 第二天,2月16日,我们离开了这海,它在罗得岛和亚历山大港之间,深度有三千米,诺第留斯号行驶在雪利哥海面,绕过马达邦角后,就扔下希腊群岛不见了。
用平头钉钉( tack的过去式和过去分词 ); 附加,增补; 帆船抢风行驶,用粗线脚缝
- He tacked the sheets of paper on as carefully as possible. 他尽量小心地把纸张钉上去。
- The seamstress tacked the two pieces of cloth. 女裁缝把那两块布粗缝了起来。
n.(惩罚、损失、伤害等的)免除
- You will not escape with impunity.你不可能逃脱惩罚。
- The impunity what compulsory insurance sets does not include escapement.交强险规定的免责范围不包括逃逸。
n.海角,岬;披肩,短披风
- I long for a trip to the Cape of Good Hope.我渴望到好望角去旅行。
- She was wearing a cape over her dress.她在外套上披着一件披肩。
标签:
海底两万里