冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第76期:第五章 琼恩 (13)
时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》
英语课
Lannister studied his face. Yes, he said. I can see it. You have more of the north in you than your brothers. 嗯,兰尼斯特端详着他的脸,看得出来。跟你那些兄弟相比,你还比较有北方人的味道。
Half brothers, Jon corrected. He was pleased by the dwarf’s comment, but he tried not to let it show. 同父异母的兄弟。琼恩纠正,心里暗暗为侏儒的说法感到高兴。
Let me give you some counsel, bastard, Lannister said. Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. 那么私生子小弟,让我给你一点建议罢。兰尼斯特道,永远不要忘记自己是什么人,因为这个世界不会忘记。
Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. 你要化阻力为助力,如此一来才没有弱点。用它来武装自己,就没有人可以用它来伤害你。
Jon was in no mood for anyone’s counsel. What do you know about being a bastard? 琼恩可没心情听人说教:你又知道身为私生子是什么样了?
All dwarfs are bastards in their father’s eyes. 全天下的侏儒,在他们父亲眼里都跟私生子没两样。
You are your mother’s trueborn son of Lannister. 你可是你母亲的亲生儿子,地地道道的兰尼斯特。
Am I? the dwarf replied, sardonic. Do tell my lord father. My mother died birthing me, and he’s never been sure. 是么?侏儒苦笑,这话你去跟我父亲大人说吧。我妈生我的时候难产而死,所以我老爸始终不确定我是不是他亲生的。
I don’t even know who my mother was, Jon said. 我连我母亲是谁都不知道。琼恩道。
Some woman, no doubt. Most of them are. He favored Jon with a rueful grin. Remember this, boy. 反正是个女人。他朝琼恩露出一抹哀伤的笑容,小子,请记住,
All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs. 虽然全天下的侏儒都可能被视为私生子,私生子却不见得要被人视为侏儒。
And with that he turned and sauntered back into the feast, whistling a tune. 说完,他转过身,驼着背返回宴会大厅,嘴里还哼起一首爱情小调。
When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, 当他打开门的刹那,室内的灯光将他的背影清楚地洒在庭院中。
and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king. 就在那一瞬间,提利昂·兰尼斯特的身影宛如帝王般昂首挺立。
标签:
权利的游戏