打工姐妹花第二季 第61期:达瑞斯讲笑话(2)
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第二季
英语课
It's not his fault he's not funny. We put his sense of humor 1 on a high shelf. 他没幽默感不是他的错。我们把他的幽默感放到一个很高的架子上。
Hey, Max, you know, daddy always told me you were special, and now I see it. 麦克斯,老爹总是对我说你很特别,现在我见识到了。
And it's not just because you think everything I say is funny. You feel like family. 不仅仅是很捧场我的笑话。你有家人的感觉。
I do? Oh, I always wanted a brother... who was a brother. 是吗?我一直想要个大哥,大哥级的大哥。
Max, do you expect me to wait on all the tables tonight? 麦克斯,你是想我今晚一个人招待所有人吗?
Well, I am kind of in the middle of my family reunion right now. 拜托,我现在有点忙,忙着一家团聚。
And where is Mr. Hilarious 2' soup? 笑星先生的汤呢?
Look at blondie, here. She's like, "Oh my God, do black people even eat soup?" "It's like, whatever." 瞧这位金发妞,她一定在想,"老天啊,黑人也喝汤的吗"?"随便啦"。
That is a dead-on Caroline. Is it? 后面这句超级像卡洛琳的。是咩?
Here is your order ticket from tonight. This pile is for the people who found hair. 这是你今晚的点菜单。这叠是发现食物里有头发的食客账单。
These are the hairs that the people found. 这些是食客们发现的头发。
Oh, you sound russian. That's funny because you're not rushin' to make my soup. 你的口音像俄国人。真讽刺,那你还不赶紧去做汤。
No, no, no, no. I'm kidding you, man. I get it. You're just too busy back there not putting on deodorant 3. 不,不,我在开玩笑呢。我懂,你在后台太忙了,忙着不擦除臭剂。
You gotta laugh. Do you? 这很好笑吧。是咩?
Max, I might be crazy but now I feel like the heel 4 of this shoe's starting to... 麦克斯,可能是我神经敏感,但我觉得这鞋又要...
Oh, gosh. Now I got to go wipe this down. 惨了,我得去擦一擦。
You know, I was going to wear this for my audition 5. And that's gotta go well. 我明天本来打算穿这件去面试呢。只许成功不许失败。
Yes, it does. Because son, there are two jobs in Detroit, and you just quit one of them. 是啊,是啊,儿子,底特律就两种工作,而其中一种你还不干了。
Don't worry, daddy. I'll make you proud. All right? You'll see. 老爹,别担心,我会让你以我为荣。看到成果你就知道了。
Daddy's been wrong before. He didn't think I could make it on Soul Train. 老爹也不是没判断错误过,他当年也觉得我上不了《灵魂列车》。
But there I was, in the bottom left corner on Soul Train. 我也上了啊,节目上左下角的小角落露了脸。
I feel so terrible. 我好过意不去。
Well, you know we have to buy him a new shirt. 我们肯定是得给人家买件新的啦。
Max, I've made seven dollars so far. We can't afford to buy him a shirt. 麦克斯,我今晚才赚了七块。我们哪买得起啊。
We can go shopping for a reasonable shirt. We have to. He's family. 可以买件价钱过得去的衣服嘛。他也算自己人,这是应该的。
Is he? And I have to say, I don't like that brand of put-down humor. 是咩?但我真不喜欢他那种嘲笑人的幽默。
And that blonde stereotype 6? I mean, I don't even say "Whatever". 他那对金发妞刻板印象的嘲笑。我什么时候说过"随便啦"这词了。
But, you know, it's fine. Whatever. 算了,无所谓,随便啦。
n.(humour)幽默,诙谐
- He is distinguished for his sense of humor.他以其幽默感著称。
- American humor is founded largely on hyperbole.美式幽默主要以夸张为基础。
adj.充满笑声的,欢闹的;[反]depressed
- The party got quite hilarious after they brought more wine.在他们又拿来更多的酒之后,派对变得更加热闹起来。
- We stop laughing because the show was so hilarious.我们笑个不停,因为那个节目太搞笑了。
adj.除臭的;n.除臭剂
- She applies deodorant to her armpits after she showers.沐浴后,她在腋下涂上除臭剂。
- Spray deodorant and keep the silk garments dry before dressing.在穿衣之前,洒涂防臭剂并保持干燥。
n.脚后跟,踵,后部,倾侧;vt.尾随,装以鞋跟,倾侧,追赶;vi.紧随,用脚后跟传球
- There is a hole in the heel of one of your socks.你一只袜子的后跟有个洞。
- I'm training my dog to come to heel.我在训练我的狗让它紧跟着我。
n.(对志愿艺人等的)面试(指试读、试唱等)
- I'm going to the audition but I don't expect I'll get a part.我去试音,可并不指望会给我个角色演出。
- At first,they said he was too young,but later they called him for an audition.起初,他们说他太小,但后来他们叫他去试听。
n.固定的形象,陈规,老套,旧框框
- He's my stereotype of a schoolteacher.他是我心目中的典型教师。
- There's always been a stereotype about successful businessmen.人们对于成功商人一直都有一种固定印象。
标签:
打工姐妹花