打工姐妹花第二季 第60期:达瑞斯讲笑话(1)
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第二季
英语课
So, Darius, what was Earl like as a dad? It must have been great, huh? 达瑞斯,厄尔是个什么样的爸爸?感觉一定很棒吧?
I bet he packed the coolest lunches. A joint 1 for recess 2, and a gin and juice box. 我敢说他一定给你准备最酷的午餐。还给大麻让你休息时间抽,一盒琴酒混果汁。
Oh, yeah, yeah. He was a great dad. I mean, he was always there. 对啊,他是个很棒的爸爸。我是说,他一直陪在我身边。
Except for my childhood. You've gotta laugh! 童年时期之外啦。这不笑不行啊。
Earl is sitting right there. 厄尔就坐在你旁边呢。
Well, it's a joke. Take it easy there, fun size. 说笑而已嘛,别太较真了,小不点
Han, take no offense 3. He's just pulling your leg a little. 阿憨,别生气。他只是跟你开个小玩笑。
Darius has always been funny. Why am I thinking about Terrence? 达瑞斯一直很搞笑。为什么我会想起特伦斯呢?
I don't know. I'm the funny one, dad. 不知道,我才是搞笑那个,爸。
I don't recall there being a Terrence in our family. 我不记得我们家有人叫特伦斯啊。
But then again, I don't know how far you've thrown your seed. 不过,我哪知道你的“种”播了多远呀。
You've gotta laugh. Do you? 这不笑不行啊。是咩?
Darius was voted the funniest salesman at the Chrysler dealership 4. 达瑞斯被克莱斯勒代理商选为最搞笑的销售员。
Yes, I was. And that's why I quit my job. To pursue my dream to become a comedian 5. 没错,所以我辞了我的工作。去追求梦想,当一名单口相声员。
See? See, he's funny. Always making jokes. 看见没,他好好笑。一直在开玩笑。
That's not a joke, daddy. No, no, that's why I'm in town. 那不是玩笑,老爹。真的不是,这就是为什么我进城。
To audition 6 at the comedy club tomorrow night. 就是为了明天晚上喜剧俱乐部的面试。
I already got my stage name. "Darius the hilarious 7". 我已经想好我的艺名了,“笑星达叔”。
I think it's a good choice, right? Is it? 名字超有才的,对不对?是咩?
Well, obviously, big D, we will all be there to support you. Will we? 放心吧,达哥,我们都会到场支持你的。是咩?
Hold up, Darius. How did all of this happen? 慢着,达瑞斯,这事是怎么搞的
Well, I mean, I knew a guy at Cadillac who knew a guy at Toyota who knew a guy at Subaru 我认识一个卖卡迪拉克的家伙,他认识个卖丰田的,那人又认识卖斯巴鲁的,
who sold the club owner a dodge 8. And then he hit a kid with it. 卖斯巴鲁的卖了一辆道奇车给俱乐部老板。然后老板开着道奇车撞了个小孩。
The kid should have dodged 9. You gotta laugh! 那孩子应该闪开“道”的。这很好笑吧!
There's a dead kid in the mix and we got to laugh? 有小孩死了呢,这事还笑得出来吗?
adj.联合的,共同的;n.关节,接合处;v.连接,贴合
- I had a bad fall,which put my shoulder out of joint.我重重地摔了一跤,肩膀脫臼了。
- We wrote a letter in joint names.我们联名写了封信。
n.短期休息,壁凹(墙上装架子,柜子等凹处)
- The chairman of the meeting announced a ten-minute recess.会议主席宣布休会10分钟。
- Parliament was hastily recalled from recess.休会的议员被匆匆召回开会。
n.犯规,违法行为;冒犯,得罪
- I hope you will not take any offense at my words. 对我讲的话请别见怪。
- His words gave great offense to everybody present.他的发言冲犯了在场的所有人。
n.商品特许经销处
- The car dealership has a large inventory of used cars. 这家汽车经销商拥有数量庞大的二手车。
- A key to this effort is the experience in the dealership. 达到这个成果的关键是销售的体验。
n.喜剧演员;滑稽演员
- The comedian tickled the crowd with his jokes.喜剧演员的笑话把人们逗乐了。
- The comedian enjoyed great popularity during the 30's.那位喜剧演员在三十年代非常走红。
n.(对志愿艺人等的)面试(指试读、试唱等)
- I'm going to the audition but I don't expect I'll get a part.我去试音,可并不指望会给我个角色演出。
- At first,they said he was too young,but later they called him for an audition.起初,他们说他太小,但后来他们叫他去试听。
adj.充满笑声的,欢闹的;[反]depressed
- The party got quite hilarious after they brought more wine.在他们又拿来更多的酒之后,派对变得更加热闹起来。
- We stop laughing because the show was so hilarious.我们笑个不停,因为那个节目太搞笑了。
v.闪开,躲开,避开;n.妙计,诡计
- A dodge behind a tree kept her from being run over.她向树后一闪,才没被车从身上辗过。
- The dodge was coopered by the police.诡计被警察粉碎了。
标签:
打工姐妹花