打工姐妹花第二季 第62期:地下商场买衣服
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第二季
英语课
Max, slow down. I can't walk any faster in Sophie's giant sneakers. 麦克斯,慢点。穿着苏菲的大号"运动鞋",我走不快。
I can't believe she benches 250 in these. 她居然能穿着这玩意举250磅重的哑铃。
Oh, my God. My hand just touched the subway floor. 我的老天啊。我的手摸到了地铁站的地板。
How do I know someone didn't pee here? 怎么才能知道这块地还没被人尿过呢
Oh, honey, I've peed here. This is New York. It's made of pee. 宝贝别紧张,我在这尿过。纽约不就是尿尿之城嘛。
And pee hand is what you get for refusing to wear flat shoes. 满手沾尿就是你不穿平底鞋的报应。
No way. I'm living so close to the gutter 1 as it is. I can't risk being any shorter. 想都别想。住的地方离下水道已经够接近。再矮下去还得了。
Here's where we're meeting Darius. "Subway style". 我们就跟达叔约在这里。"最炫地铁风"。
Every time I walk by this place I wonder "who would ever shop here?" Now I know -- us. 每次我经过这个地方,我都在想,谁会买这里的衣服啊?原来就是我们这种人。
First my heel breaks, and now I'm shopping underground. 首先我的鞋跟断了,然后还在地下的商店采购。
How much lower can I get? Brunch 2 on the earth's core? 我的人生低谷还能更低吗?低到得在地核吃早午餐吗?
Oh. Excuse my mouthful. Mm, I wasn't expecting ladies. 原谅我还在一边吃东西。没想到会有女士来。
We usually just sell to pimps and pastors 3. What can I help you dolls with? 通常都是皮条客跟牧师来这逛。有何能为两位美女效劳的吗?
Actually, we're just here meeting a friend. We're going to help him pick out a shirt. 我们是来跟朋友碰面的。来帮忙他选衣服。
Oh, that guy? He's already in the dressing 4 room trying one on now. 那位男士啊?他已经在试衣间试衣服了。
Now, listen, if the price is too high, you and I can, uh, negotiate 5. Or you. 先告诉你们,如果嫌太贵,你可以跟我来"讲讲价"。你也行啦。
I still can't believe we're using our tip money to buy him a shirt. 我不敢相信我们要用辛苦赚的小费来给他买新衣服。
We're only going to spend like $40. And you heard the man. It can go down, if you go down. 估计也就花个40块钱嘛。而且人家也说了,你头"下去",价钱就跟着下去。
n.沟,街沟,水槽,檐槽,贫民窟
- There's a cigarette packet thrown into the gutter.阴沟里有个香烟盒。
- He picked her out of the gutter and made her a great lady.他使她脱离贫苦生活,并成为贵妇。
n.早午餐
- They eat much the same thing for brunch every day.每天早午餐他们总是吃同样的东西。
- What did you have for your brunch?你早午饭都吃些什么?
n.(基督教的)牧师( pastor的名词复数 )
- Do we show respect to our pastors, missionaries, Sunday school teachers? 我们有没有尊敬牧师、宣教士,以及主日学的老师? 来自互联网
- Should pastors or elders be paid, or serve as a volunteer? 牧师或长老需要付给酬劳,还是志愿的事奉呢? 来自互联网
n.(食物)调料;包扎伤口的用品,敷料
- Don't spend such a lot of time in dressing yourself.别花那么多时间来打扮自己。
- The children enjoy dressing up in mother's old clothes.孩子们喜欢穿上妈妈旧时的衣服玩。
标签:
打工姐妹花