纸牌屋第一季 第17期:非法占据
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
which called the Israeli presence 1
其中称在加沙地带
in the Gaza Strip 2 and West Bank, quote,
和约旦河西岸居住的以色列人
an illegal occupation.
为"非法占据"
Can I see that? Sure.
我能看下吗,当然
Did you write those words, "Illegal occupation"?
"非法占据"是出自你手吗
No. I have no memory of this.
不,我完全不记得这事
But you were the editor of the paper.
你可是报纸的总编
Yes, but
没错,但是
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
So it couldn't have gone out without your approval 3.
那没经你首肯,它无法见报
No, of course not, but my staff
对,那是当然,但是我的下属
somebody else usually wrote the, uh,
通常是其他人来写...
the, uh and then we'd vote, and if
之后我们还投票,如果
Did you vote for it?
你投赞成票了吗
Honestly, George, I can't remember.
说真的,乔治 ,我记不得了
It was 35 years ago.
这都35年了
So you're not sure
这么说你不确定
whether or not you supported these words
自己当时是否赞成这些言论
I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt
我非常确信地告诉你
I did not write these words.
我没写过那些话
But were they in line with your thinking at the time?
但当时你是那样想的吗
This is ludicrous.
这太荒谬了
That's all we need him laughing.
这个就足够了,他的笑
I know it was a long time ago, I understand that.
我知道这事有年头了,这我理解
Nancy, get me Dennis Mendel of the ADL.
南茜,帮我接反诽谤联盟的丹尼斯·门德尔
The Middle East is a vital American interest.
中东地区对我国利益至关重要
What you think about the Middle East is relevant 4.
你对中东地区的看法很重要
You can look at my voting record.
你可以察看我的表决记录
Every single vote has been in defense 5 of Israel
每一票都站在以色列的立场上
So when did your views change?
那你什么时候改变想法的
What I'm saying to you is my
我的意思就是
What's important now, George,
现在要紧的,乔治
is how I have voted
是我代表
while I have represented the great state of Colorado
科罗拉多州时投的表决票
I understand that's your position,
这我知道
but a lot of other people are going to look at it and think
但很多看到这篇报道的人会认为
what you thought then is relevant as well.
你当时的想法也是很重要的
Well, let me ask you this.
那我问你
Have you ever changed your views since college?
你大学之后从未改变过想法吗
Certainly, but I'm not the nominee 6 for Secretary of State.
有,但我又没有被提名为国务卿
Uh, even if I did have
就算我曾经有
It's golden.
真是绝了
This has not been my views
我也早就不再...
It's a bull's eye.
正中靶心
What were you saying when you came in?
你刚进来时说什么来着
So, ahem, I found a guy
是这样的,我找到一个人
who was on the college editorial 7 staff when Kern was there.
是科恩任总编时学院的编辑人员
This burnout,
这个瘾君子
still pumping mimeographed manifestos
仍然伯克郡的一个
out of a trailer park in the Berkshires.
拖车公园里油印自由宣言
You're not planning on talking to him. No. No.
你可不能去见他,不不
Peter Russo.
让彼得·罗素去
Good.
很好
Sounds like a perfect match.
一对儿瘾君子,正合适
Dennis.
丹尼斯
Any chance you're watching Stephanopoulos?
你在看史蒂法诺普洛的节目吗
You look sexy when you're improving the lives
你努力提高辛勤的宾州人民的
of hardworking Pennsylvanians.
生活水平的样子真性感
Is it the improving lives,
是因为我在工作
or is it these fetching sweat pants?
还是因为这条迷人的运动裤
Why don't you move that computer out of the way?
把电脑拿开
Let me see what that looks like.
让我鉴定一下
Yeah, it's better with the laptop.
还是用电脑挡着好
Fuck off.
一边去
You're not paying enough attention to me.
你对我不够关注
I pay attention to you all day at the office.
在办公室,我整天都在关注你
Hey, you know, I don't think
我以前好像
I've ever seen you brush your teeth before.
从没见过你刷牙
Sure you have. No, I don't think so.
肯定见过,应该没有
I mean I know that you do brush,
我知道你肯定刷牙
but I don't think I've ever actually witnessed it before.
但好像从没亲眼见过
Well, here it is in all its glory.
这次让你欣赏个够
Is that my toothbrush?
那是我的牙刷吗
I don't know. Is it?
不知道,是吗
Yes, it is.
是的
You left it here. Peter, gross 8.
是你留下的,彼得 ,真恶心
Oh, come on.
得了吧
We've exchanged plenty of fluids 9 by now.
我们都交换过多少体液了
Hey, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
别别别
No. Toothpaste.
不要,有牙膏
It's not toothpaste. I'm ravished.
没有牙膏,让我放纵一下
No.
别啊
Go get it.
快去接
I have to take this.
这个必须接
This is Russo.
我是罗素
Yeah. Right now it's 12:53.
现在12点53分
Okay. Okay, okay, okay.
好好好
n.出席;到场;存在
- Her presence lent an air of respectability to the occasion.她的到场使那种场合增添了崇高的气氛。
- His presence is indicative of his willingness to help.他的出席表示他愿意帮忙。
n.长条,条状;连环漫画;n.脱衣舞;vt.脱衣,剥夺;挤干(牛奶);vt.拆卸;去除(烟叶的茎);vi.脱衣,表演脱衣舞;剥落
- I need one more strip of cloth to finish this decoration.我还要一根布条来完成这个装饰品。
- We had to strip the old paint from the doors.我们只好把门上的旧漆刮掉。
n.赞成,同意;批准,认可
- The audience has expressed its approval.观众已经认可。
- The teacher signed his approval.老师做了手势表示同意。
adj.有关的,贴切的
- I don't think his remarks are relevant to our discussion.我认为他的话不切我们的议题。
- These materials are relevant to the case.这些材料与这案件有关。
n.防御,保卫;[pl.]防务工事;辩护,答辩
- The accused has the right to defense.被告人有权获得辩护。
- The war has impacted the area with military and defense workers.战争使那个地区挤满了军队和防御工程人员。
n.被提名者;被任命者;被推荐者
- His nominee for vice president was elected only after a second ballot.他提名的副总统在两轮投票后才当选。
- Mr.Francisco is standing as the official nominee for the post of District Secretary.弗朗西斯科先生是行政书记职位的正式提名人。
adj.编者的,社论的;n.(报刊的)社论,重要评论
- For a full hour they argued over the wording of the editorial.他们为社论的措辞争论了一个小时。
- We now bring you the full text of the Renmin Ribao editorial.现在全文广播《人民日报》社论。
adj.全部的,粗俗的,肥胖的;vt.获得...总收入
- The gross weight of the box of chocolates is 500 grams.那盒巧克力的全部重量是500克。
- I consider this a gross oversight on your part.我把这件事看作是你的一大疏忽。
标签:
纸牌屋