木偶奇遇记 第158期:匹诺曹梦想成真(4)
英语课
That sly 1 thief had fallen into deepest poverty, and one day he had been forced to sell his beautiful tail for a bite to eat. 那个狡猾的小偷到了穷途潦倒的地步,有一天不得不把它漂亮的尾巴卖了来换一口吃的。
"Oh, Pinocchio," he cried in a tearful voice. “噢,皮诺乔,”狐狸用哭腔叫道,
"Give us some alms, we beg of you! We are old, tired, and sick." “施舍施舍我们吧,求你了,我们又老又累还生着病。”
"Sick!" repeated the Cat. “病!”猫重复着。
"Addio, false friends!" answered the Marionette 2. “再见吧,虚伪的朋友!”木偶回答说,
"You cheated me once, but you will never catch me again." “我上过你们一次当,如今再不会上当了。”
"Believe us! Today we are truly poor and starving." “相信我们吧,我们如今真的又穷又饿。”
"Starving!" repeated the Cat. “饿!”猫重复着。
"If you are poor; you deserve 3 it! Remember the old proverb which says: “你们穷也是活该!你们记住这句老话吧:
'Stolen money never bears fruit.' Addio, false friends." ‘偷来的钱财不会致富’。再见了,虚伪的朋友。”
"Have mercy on us!" "On us." "Addio, false friends. “可怜可怜我们吧!”“可怜我们吧!”“再见,虚伪的朋友。
Remember the old proverb which says: 'Bad wheat always makes poor bread!'" 记住这句老话吧:‘不义之财会带来不幸。’”
"Do not abandon us." "Abandon us," repeated the Cat. “不要抛弃我们。”“抛弃我们,”猫跟着又说了一遍。
"Addio, false friends. Remember the old proverb: 'Whoever steals his neighbor's shirt, usually dies without his own.'" “再见,虚伪的朋友。记住这句老话吧:‘偷邻居上衣的人,死时连自己的衬衫也没有。’”
Waving good-by to them, Pinocchio and Geppetto calmly went on their way. 挥手道别后,皮诺乔就同杰佩托安静地继续赶他们的路。
After a few more steps, they saw, at the end of a long road near a clump 4 of trees, a tiny cottage built of straw. 他们又走了几步,看见树林旁的小道尽头有座干草搭建的小屋。
adj.狡猾的,偷偷摸摸的
- You can't trust him,he's a sly old fox.你不能相信他,他是一只狡猾的老狐狸。
- I was ready to sly out the alley door.我准备从那边小门溜出去。
n.木偶
- With this marionette I wish to travel through the world.我希望带着这个木偶周游世界。
- The development of marionette had a great influence on the future development of opera.木偶戏的发展对以后的戏曲有十分重要的影响。
vt.应受,值得;vi. 应受报答,值得受赏
- You really deserve a good beating,you naughty boy.你这个调皮孩子真该打。
- I do not deserve all the praises bestowed upon me.我不配得到这些赞扬。
标签:
木偶奇遇记