木偶奇遇记(MP3+中英字幕) 第25期:遇到猫和狐狸
英语课
"There is nothing to laugh at," cried Pinocchio angrily.
“这没什么可笑的,”皮诺乔生气地叫道。
"I am very sorry to make your mouth water, but these, as you know, are five new gold pieces."“我真不想叫你们流口水,可这儿,要是你们想知道的话,有五个亮闪闪的金币。”
And he pulled out the gold pieces which Fire Eater had given him.
他说着掏出吃火人送他的金币。
At the cheerful tinkle 1 of the gold, the Fox unconsciously held out his paw that was supposed to be lame 2, and the Cat opened wide his two eyes till they looked like live coals, but he closed them again so quickly that Pinocchio did not notice.
一听到金币丁丁当当响,狐狸不由自主地伸出了它那只本该瘸了的爪子,猫也张大了它那两只眼睛,这两只眼睛绿幽幽的像两盏灯,不过它们马上又闭上了,皮诺乔当然一点没看见。
"And may I ask," inquired the Fox, "what you are going to do with all that money?"“现在,”狐狸问他,“你拿着这些钱想干什么呢?”
"First of all," answered the Marionette 3, "I want to buy a fine new coat for my father, a coat of gold and silver with diamond buttons; after that, I'll buy an A-B-C book for myself."“首先,”皮诺乔回答说,“我要给我爸爸买一件漂亮的新上衣,金丝银线织的,钮扣是宝石做的;然后,我要给自己买一本识字课本。”
"For yourself?"
“给你自己?”
童话故事 木偶奇遇记
"For myself. I want to go to school and study hard."“还用说,我要去上学,好好读书。”
"Look at me," said the Fox. "For the silly reason of wanting to study, I have lost a paw."“你瞧瞧我吧,”狐狸说,“我就为了愚蠢到竟然想去读书,结果确失去了一个爪子。”
"Look at me," said the Cat. "For the same foolish reason, I have lost the sight of both eyes."“你瞧瞧我吧,”猫说了,“我就为了愚蠢到竟然想去读书,结果把两只眼睛都搞瞎了。”
At that moment, a Blackbird, perched on the fence along the road, called out sharp and clear:
正在这时候,一只画眉鸟停在了路边的篱笆上,清脆的叫起来:
"Pinocchio, do not listen to bad advice. If you do, you'll be sorry!"“皮诺乔,别听他们的坏建议,不然你会后悔的!”
Poor little Blackbird! If he had only kept his words to himself!
可怜的小画眉还没来得及把话说完!
In the twinkling of an eyelid 4, the Cat leaped on him, and ate him, feathers and all.
一个眨眼的功夫,猫猛地一跳抓住了它,连毛一起吞进了猫肚子。
After eating the bird, he cleaned his whiskers, closed his eyes, and became blind once more.
猫吃掉这只鸟,擦过嘴巴,重新闭上两只眼睛,继续装着瞎子。
"Poor Blackbird!" said Pinocchio to the Cat. "Why did you kill him?"“可怜的画眉!”皮诺乔对猫说,“你为什么吃了它?”
"I killed him to teach him a lesson. He talks too much. Next time he will keep his words to himself."“我这样做是为了教训教训它,这样一来,下次它就能学乖,不会乱插嘴了。”
By this time the three companions had walked a long distance.
这时他们已经走了很远的路程了。
Suddenly, the Fox stopped in his tracks and, turning to the Marionette, said to him: "Do you want to double your gold pieces?"狐狸忽然停下,对木偶说:“你想让你的金币翻倍吗?”
"What do you mean?"
“你这话什么意思?”
"Do you want one hundred, a thousand, two thousand gold pieces for your miserable 5 five?"“你只有那么五个金币,你想让它们变成一百个,一千个,两千个吗?”
"Yes, but how?"
“那还用说!可怎么变呢?”
"The way is very easy. Instead of returning home, come with us."“简单极了。你先别回家,跟我们走。”
"And where will you take me?"
“你们带我上哪儿去?”
"To the City of Simple Simons."
“到傻瓜城去。”
vi.叮当作响;n.叮当声
- The wine glass dropped to the floor with a tinkle.酒杯丁零一声掉在地上。
- Give me a tinkle and let me know what time the show starts.给我打个电话,告诉我演出什么时候开始。
adj.跛的,(辩解、论据等)无说服力的
- The lame man needs a stick when he walks.那跛脚男子走路时需借助拐棍。
- I don't believe his story.It'sounds a bit lame.我不信他讲的那一套。他的话听起来有些靠不住。
n.木偶
- With this marionette I wish to travel through the world.我希望带着这个木偶周游世界。
- The development of marionette had a great influence on the future development of opera.木偶戏的发展对以后的戏曲有十分重要的影响。
n.眼睑,眼皮
- She lifted one eyelid to see what he was doing.她抬起一只眼皮看看他在做什么。
- My eyelid has been tumid since yesterday.从昨天起,我的眼皮就肿了。
标签:
木偶奇遇记