英语听书《海底两万里》第518期 第32章 海湾暖流(9)
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
I'll confer with him, Ned. “我去问问他,尼德。”
When? the Canadian asked insistently 1. “什么时候?”加拿大人固执地问。
When I encounter him. “当我碰到他时。”
Professor Aronnax, would you like me to go find him myself? “阿龙纳斯先生,您是不是想让我自己去找他?”
No, let me do it. Tomorrow? “不,让我来。明天?”
Today, Ned Land said. “今天,”尼德·兰说。
So be it. I'll see him today, I answered the Canadian, who, if he took action himself, would certainly have ruined everything. “好吧。今天,我去看看他。”我回答加拿大人说。要是他自己去做,那肯定会把事情都弄糟了。
I was left to myself. 我一个人呆着。
His request granted, I decided 2 to dispose of it immediately. 一旦打定主意,我就想马上把事情做完。
I like things over and done with. 我宁可速战速决,也不想拖拖拉拉。
I reentered my stateroom. From there I could hear movements inside Captain Nemo's quarters. 我走进我的房间。在房间里,我听到了尼摩船长房间里有脚步声。
I couldn't pass up this chance for an encounter. 不能错过这次找到他的机会。
I knocked on his door. 于是我敲敲他的门。
I received no reply. 但没人应答。
I knocked again, then tried the knob. The door opened. 我又敲了一下,然后转动门把手,门开了。
I entered. The captain was there. 我走进去。船长在里面。
He was bending over his worktable and hadn't heard me. 他趴在他的工作台上,没听到我的敲门声。
Determined 3 not to leave without questioning him, I drew closer. 我决定不问清楚就不出去,于是我向他走去。
He looked up sharply, with a frowning brow, and said in a pretty stern tone: 船长突然抬起头来,双眉紧蹙,口气相当粗鲁地对我说:
Oh, it's you! What do you want? “是您在这里!找我干什么?”
To speak with you, captain. “想跟您谈谈,船长。”
But I'm busy, sir, I'm at work. “可我正忙着,先生,我在工作。
I give you the freedom to enjoy your privacy, can't I have the same for myself? 我给了您单独的自由,难道我就不能让我自己单独静一会儿吗?”
This reception was less than encouraging. 这样的待客真令人泄气。
But I was determined to give as good as I got. 但为了等会儿能一吐为快,我决定先洗耳恭听他说的话。
ad.坚持地
- Still Rhett did not look at her. His eyes were bent insistently on Melanie's white face. 瑞德还是看也不看她,他的眼睛死死地盯着媚兰苍白的脸。
- These are the questions which we should think and explore insistently. 怎样实现这一主体性等问题仍要求我们不断思考、探索。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
adj.坚定的;有决心的
- I have determined on going to Tibet after graduation.我已决定毕业后去西藏。
- He determined to view the rooms behind the office.他决定查看一下办公室后面的房间。
标签:
海底两万里