英语听书《海底两万里》第541期 第34章 大屠杀(2)
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Captain? I said. He didn't reply. “船长?”我说。船长没有回答。
I left him and climbed onto the platform. 我于是离开他,登上平台。
Conseil and the Canadian were already there. 康塞尔和加拿大人已经在我之前到了那里。
What caused that explosion? I asked. “爆炸声是哪里来的?”我问。
A cannon 1 going off, Ned Land replied. “一声炮响。”尼德·兰回答说。
I stared in the direction of the ship I had spotted 2. 我朝我先前看到的那艘船的方向望去。
It was heading toward the Nautilus, and you could tell it had put on steam. 那艘船已经向“鹦鹉螺号”靠近,我们可以从它喷出的蒸汽看到它正加大马力。
Six miles separated it from us. 我们之间相隔只有6海里。
What sort of craft is it, Ned? “那是什么船,尼德?”
From its rigging and its low masts, the Canadian replied, "I bet it's a warship 3. “从帆缆索具和桅杆高度看,”加拿大人回答说,“我敢打赌那是一艘战舰。
Here's hoping it pulls up and sinks this damned Nautilus!" 它能追上我们,而且在必要时,将这该死的‘鹦鹉螺号’击沉!”
Ned my friend, Conseil replied, "what harm could it do the Nautilus? “尼德朋友,”康塞尔回答说,“它能对‘鹦鹉螺号’造成什么损害?
Will it attack us under the waves? 它能在水下攻击吗?
Will it cannonade us at the bottom of the sea?" 它能在水下开炮吗?”
Tell me, Ned, I asked, "can you make out the nationality of that craft?" “告诉我,尼德,”我问,“您能不能辨别出这艘船的国籍?”
Creasing 4 his brow, lowering his lids, 加拿大人紧蹙双眉,耷下眼睑,
and puckering 5 the corners of his eyes, the Canadian focused the full power of his gaze on the ship for a short while. 眼睛眯成一条线,全神贯注地盯了一会那艘船。
No, sir, he replied. "I can't make out what nation it's from. “不,先生,”他回答,“我看不出它是属于哪个国家的。
It's flying no flag. 它的旗没有挂起来。
But I'll swear it's a warship, because there's a long pennant 6 streaming from the peak of its mainmast." 但我能肯定那是一艘战舰,因为它的大桅杆顶端飘着一面长长的战旗。”
For a quarter of an hour, we continued to watch the craft bearing down on us. 我们继续观察了一刻钟这艘正朝着我们开过来的船只。
n.大炮,火炮;飞机上的机关炮
- The soldiers fired the cannon.士兵们开炮。
- The cannon thundered in the hills.大炮在山间轰鸣。
adj.有斑点的,斑纹的,弄污了的
- The milkman selected the spotted cows,from among a herd of two hundred.牛奶商从一群200头牛中选出有斑点的牛。
- Sam's shop stocks short spotted socks.山姆的商店屯积了有斑点的短袜。
n.军舰,战舰
- He is serving on a warship in the Pacific.他在太平洋海域的一艘军舰上服役。
- The warship was making towards the pier.军舰正驶向码头。
(使…)起折痕,弄皱( crease的现在分词 ); (皮肤)皱起,使起皱纹; 挑檐
- "No, we mustn't use that money, Chiu," Feng Yun-ching gasped in horror, creasing his brow. “元丰庄上那一笔存款是不能动的。 来自子夜部分
- In severe creasing the frictional resistance plays only a minor role in determining the crease resistance. 在严重的折皱作用下,摩擦阻力在织物抗折皱能力中仅居次要地位。
v.(使某物)起褶子或皱纹( pucker的现在分词 );小褶纹;小褶皱
- Puckering her lips, she replied, "You really are being silly! 苏小姐努嘴道:“你真不爽气! 来自汉英文学 - 围城
- Astringent: Mouth-puckering sensation; the result of tannin being present in the wine. 麻辣:由于丹宁在葡萄酒中的作用而使喉间受到强烈刺激的感觉。 来自互联网
标签:
海底两万里