英语听书《海底两万里》第535期 第33章 北纬47.24度, 西经17.28度(10)
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
This valley is closed off to the east by a sheer wall 2,000 meters high. 这座山谷东面被一堵高2000米的陡壁封住。
We arrived there on May 28, and the Nautilus lay no farther than 150 kilometers from Ireland. 5月28日,我们到达了那里时,“鹦鹉螺号”距离爱尔兰岛仅有150公里。
Would Captain Nemo head up north and beach us on the British Isles 1? No. 尼摩船长会浮出水面在大不列颠群岛登陆吗?不。
Much to my surprise, he went back down south and returned to European seas. 令我深感意外的是,他调头向南朝欧洲海开去。
As we swung around the Emerald Isle, 绕过翡翠岛时,
I spotted 2 Cape 3 Clear for an instant, plus the lighthouse on Fastnet Rock 有一阵子我望见了克里尔角和法斯特内岛上的航标灯,
that guides all those thousands of ships setting out from Glasgow or Liverpool. 它照亮了从格拉斯哥或利物浦出来的上千万只轮船的航程。
An important question then popped into my head. 这时,我想起了一个重要的问题。
Would the Nautilus dare to tackle the English Channel? “鹦鹉螺号”船只敢不敢驶向英吉利海峡呢?
Ned Land (who promptly 4 reappeared after we hugged shore) never stopped questioning me. 自从我们接近陆地后,尼德·兰又出现了,他不停地问我这个问题。
What could I answer him? 怎么回答他呢?
Captain Nemo remained invisible. 尼摩船长还是一直不露面。
After giving the Canadian a glimpse of American shores, was he about to show me the coast of France? 让加拿大人遥望了美洲海岸后,难道他也想让我望一望法国海岸吗?
But the Nautilus kept gravitating southward. 然而,“鹦鹉螺号”一直南下。
On May 30, in sight of Land's End, it passed between the lowermost tip of England and the Scilly Islands, which it left behind to starboard. 5月30日,在船右舷,我们望见了英格兰岛极端和索尔林格岛之间的终极岛。
If it was going to enter the English Channel, it clearly needed to head east. It did not. 如果“鹦鹉螺号”想进入英吉利海峡,这时它就该直接向东行驶。可它并没有这么做。
岛( isle的名词复数 )
- the geology of the British Isles 不列颠群岛的地质
- The boat left for the isles. 小船驶向那些小岛。
adj.有斑点的,斑纹的,弄污了的
- The milkman selected the spotted cows,from among a herd of two hundred.牛奶商从一群200头牛中选出有斑点的牛。
- Sam's shop stocks short spotted socks.山姆的商店屯积了有斑点的短袜。
n.海角,岬;披肩,短披风
- I long for a trip to the Cape of Good Hope.我渴望到好望角去旅行。
- She was wearing a cape over her dress.她在外套上披着一件披肩。
标签:
海底两万里