时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE
A  隔周,吉娜到老板的隔间去看他


【我会让你发财】


 


Zina:           Hi, boss. You wanted to see me?


吉娜:  嗨,老板。你说要见我?


 


Vince:  Zina. Look, I know when I 1) hired you, I told you I'd pay you a salary. But I just can't.


文斯:         吉娜。听着,我知道当我雇用你之时,我说过会付你薪水。可是我没办法。


 


Zina:  Excuse me? I hope I didn't just hear what I think I just heard.


吉娜:         你说什么?我希望我不是真的听到我以为我听到的。


 


Vince:         I know it's 2) awkward 1, but you're going to be thanking me later. I'm going to make you rich.


文斯:         我知道这说来尴尬,不过你以后会感谢我的。我会让你发财。


 


Zina:  You're going to make me rich by not paying me?


吉娜:         你要用不给我薪水的方法让我发财?


 




语言详解


 


A: How many people did the company hire this year?


   公司在今年雇用了多少人?


 


B: Over two hundred.


   超过两百个。


 


look听着】


 


很奇怪,怎么英文的look会翻译成中文的听着?其实这正说明文化的差异。在英、美社会里,要对方在意你即将说的话,最普遍的语词是look,而我们在同样情况下却说听着


 


A:Look, I'll give you ten dollars if you sweep the room for me.


    听着,如果你帮我扫房间,我就给你十块钱。


B:Sounds reasonable.


    听起来蛮合理的。


 


1) hire (v.) 雇用


2) awkward (a.) 令人尴尬的的,感到尴尬的



adj.笨拙的,尴尬的,使用不便的,难处理的
  • John is so shy and awkward that everyone notices him.约翰如此害羞狼狈,以至于大家都注意到了他。
  • I was the only man among the guests and felt rather awkward.作为客人中的唯一男性,我有些窘迫。
标签: 职场 社交 发财