时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE
A   戴夫由上方探头,进吉娜的隔间


【万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?】


 


Dave:     Hey, Zina. You shouldn't act so tough with Vince. 1) What if he's your rhumba boy?


戴夫:  嘿,吉娜。你不该故意对文斯那么凶巴巴的。万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?


 


Zina:  Please. He's only nice to me because I'm making him a ton of money.


吉娜:         拜托喔。他对我好只是因为我在帮他赚大钱。


 


Dave:          He was definitely 1 happy. You must be making a lot of sales.


戴夫:         他真是高兴得很。你一定做成了很多买卖。


 


Zina:           It isn't hard. All the 2) online businesses need a way to 3) keep track of the 4) traffic to their 5) sites.


吉娜:         这不难。所有的线上商务都需要设法掌握他们网站的流量。


 


Dave:  That's InfoKing. Tracks every visitor. Or at least it will, if we can get it to work.


戴夫:         这就是资讯王。掌握每一位访客。或者至少以后会是这样,若我们能让做出来的东西管用。


 


语言详解


 


A: I can't get online.


     我连不上线。


 


B: There must be too many other people using the Internet.


     一定是有太多人上网了。


 


act tough with... 故作强硬】


 


tough 这个字,指的是强悍的,若要说对……很强悍、强硬就是be tough with...,对话中用了act这个字,act tough with听来的感觉倾向于故意装得很强硬


 


A: I'm so angry. I could hit you in the face.


    我好生气。我真想揍你的脸。


B: Don't you act so tough with me. I know you couldn't hurt a fly.


    你别跟我故作强硬。我知道你连只苍蝇都舍不得杀。


 


get it to work 让它运作】


 


get...to work这个句型,若是用在事物身上,是指让……能够运作,可能是指草创的新东西,或是某个窒碍难行的制度,也可以单纯指东西坏了:


 


A: My car broke down again.


    我的车又坏了。


B: I bet 2 I can get it to work. Where is it?


    我打赌能让它上路。车子在哪里?


 


1) what if... 万一,要是……


2) online (a.) 连上电脑网路的,线上的


3) keep track of... 随时掌握……


4) traffic  (n.) 此指网站的流量


5) site (n.)网站,即website



adv.一定地,肯定地;明确地,确切地
  • The team will definitely lose if he doesn't play.如果他不参加比赛,这个队肯定会输。
  • I shall definitely be home before six o'clock.6点以前,我一定回家。
v.打赌,以(与)...打赌;n.赌注,赌金;打赌
  • I bet you can't do this puzzle.我敢说,你解决不了这个难题。
  • I offered to bet with him.我提出与他打赌。