我们是在同一条船上
SCENE② B 吉娜在艾文的隔间附近遇到他
【我们是在同一条船上】
Zina: We're on the same team here, Elvin. I'm being 1 nice because we need to 1) get along 2 together.
吉娜: 我们是在同一条船上,艾文。我对你好是因为我们得要相处。
Elvin: I know you, Zina. You're only nice when you want something.
艾文: 我知道你的把戏,吉娜。你有所求的时候才会对人好。
Zina: If we want to beat 3 WebTracker, we're going 4 to have to 2) work hand in hand.
吉娜: 若我们想要打败“网路搜寻家”,就得要携手共事。
Elvin: To be honest 5, I'm starting to 3) wonder 6 if it's worth 7 it.
艾文: 老实说,我开始在怀疑这是否值得。
Zina: You'd rather 8 lose 9 to WebTracker than do things my way?
吉娜: 你宁愿败给“网路搜寻家”,也不愿照我的方法做事?
Elvin: You said 10 it, not me.
艾文: 这是你说的,我可没吭声。
语言详解
A: Would 11 you rather drink milk or orange juice?
你比较想喝牛奶还是橙汁?
B: Orange juice sounds good.
橙汁听起来不错。
【It's worth it. 这是值得的】
有付出才有收获,而在付出的过程中多半是痛苦,这时候就要用It's worth it.“这是值得的”。迎接未来的甜美果实。
A: Have all your years of hard work paid 12 off 13?
你多年来的辛勤工作,到头来值得吗?
B: It's been worth every minute of it. Now I can retire 14 in peace 15.
每一分钟都是值得的,我现在可以安稳退休了。
【do things one's way 照某人方法做事】
每个人做事都有自己的方法,当然可以“照我自己的方法做事”do things my way。
A: I want to do things my way.
我要照自己的方法做事。
你说了算。
不过有的时候,形势比人强,可能就得身不由己地 do things one's way “照某人的方法做事了”。
A: Dad always wants me to do things his way.
老爸总要我照他的方法做事。
B: He's just afraid you might 17 make the wrong decisions 18.
他只是怕你会做错决定。
1) get along 处得来
2) work hand in hand 携手共事*
3) wonder (v.) 纳闷,想知道
- Can you explain to me the purpose of being?你能对我解释一下存在的目的吗?
- What is the purpose of our being?我们生存的目的是什么?
- Would you like to come along?你想一起去吗?
- They walked slowly along the road.他们沿着公路慢慢走。
- You can fight him,but can you beat him?你可以打他,但是你能击败他吗?
- The dry grass caught fire, but we beat it out.干草着火了,但我们将它扑灭了。
- We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
- He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
- He was very honest to tell me his story.他十分坦率地给我讲了他的故事。
- He has an honest face.他有一张诚实坦率的脸。
- The book was old and it was not worth a cent.这本书旧了,一文不值。
- This novel is worth reading. 这部小说值得一读。
- I would rather go out tonight,if you don't mind. 如果你不介意的话,我宁愿今晚出去。
- This book is rather too easy for this boy.这本书对于这个孩子来说太简单。
- I always lose at cards, with my bad luck.我不走运,打牌总输。
- I can always lose myself in a good book.一本好书会使我爱不释手。
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
- You can be paid in cash weekly or by cheque monthly; those are the two alternatives. 你的工资可以按周以现金支取,或按月以支票支取。二者可选其一。
- My salary is paid directly into my bank. 我的工资直接拨到我的银行。
- You'd better cool off first.你最好先冷静下来。
- I need some time off.我需要一些时间休息。
- Next year his father will retire and take things easy.明年他父亲就要退休而过闲适的生活了。
- When I retire,I shall make my home in the country.退休后我将在乡间安家。
- The two countries were at peace.两国现在和平相处。
- All I want is a bit of peace and quiet.我所希望的只是一点平静。
- When the boss gets mad, leave him alone.当老板生气时,不要理他。
- I'm my own boss.我自己当自己的老板。
- It looks as if it might snow.看起来好像要下雪了。
- Might I ask a question?我能问个问题吗?