-Excuse me, sir. I see that you are buying some vegetables. Can you tell me what you are buying? -Yes, I’m going to get some beans. They just come into season now. I’m going to have some green pep

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

1.-Kristi. 2.My God. It’s Roger. 3.Who is he? 4.I thought you were in prison. 5.That’s right, I was in prison. Listen, Kristi, you’ve got to help me. 6.Well, see you soon, Kristi- 7.Where’d yo

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

31.We have just passed under Brookless bridge, 32.Where George Washington opened the country’s first freeway in 1894. 33.And on the left we can see the White House. 34.Which is where the president g

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

2.Today I’ve come shopping in Next fashion store in the high street and with me is Juli Right, the assistant store manager. Juli, tell me a bit about Next, what sort of customers do you get here? 3.

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

33.Wow! Romantic or what? Who needs Paris and Rome, when you can come to Newhaven. 34.And then we get the ferry in the evening. At least we’ll be together, won’t we? 35.Yeah, well, it doesn’t lo

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

The doctor will see you now, Mr. Black. Would you come this way, please? OK, thanks. Now, Mr. Black, will you tell me what happened, please? Well, I was in this restaurant, when suddenly I feel this t

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

K: No. Not particularly. I’m trying to hear everything on the radio, French, French news in the morning, every morning, gradually one may gets an ear perhaps for the language. C: What about the pron

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

73 lessons learning from daily life When I was a child, I always like reading fairy tales about heros who were good, who had to go through many difficult situations often battling the bad guys before he or she lived happily ever after. I grew up thin

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 时尚英语话题

20 movie scenes Yesterday, a friend of mine and I were talking about scenes of movies that we liked, that moved us, that stuck in our brains somehow. Do you know the kind that I am talking about--scenes that are really powerful, and easy to recall, b

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 时尚英语话题

18 Your place--somewhere to be alone I'm singing in the shower, just singing in the shower, I do sing when I am in the shower, does anyone out there do the same? There're something about the sound, the acoustics, the steam perhaps.... the mixed thing

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 时尚英语话题

12Being Rich and Poor GLOSSARY affordable able to be paid for; not too expensive; not so expensive that onecant pay for something* Do you know where I can buy affordable business clothes? budget a plan for how one will spend ones money; a plan for wh

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

09Saying Goodbye GLOSSARY Id better be going a phrase meaning I should go now, or I need to go now * The kids are going to come home from school in about 20 minutes, so Id betterbe going so that I can meet them there. See you later an informal phrase

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

图片1 People often like to talk about others. The stories that you tell about other people may be true or may not be true. This is when stories become gossip! There are many expressions related to gossip and we talk about some in this episode. So i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

和老美去酒吧喝酒聊天是件很有趣的事. 因为每当大家三杯下肚之后, 一些有的没的、不常不会讲的小秘密或是一些不为人知的心酸故事都可以在这时候听

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

许多人学了一辈子的英语可能都不知道自己身体所生产的一些「特产」要怎么讲. 举个例子来说吧, 你知不知道「鼻屎」「耳屎」的正确讲法呢? 我想一定有

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

虚构作曲家震撼古典音乐界 We have Professor Peter Schickele to thank for introducing the world to PDQ Bach. 我们请到了皮特希克利教授,感谢他将PDQ巴赫带给全世界。 He has created an entire back-story around Bach's fi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

北美车展上的各种创新亮点 The biggest news at this years North American International Auto Show in Detroit is not about the autos at all its what manufacturers are planning to put in them. 今年在底特律举行的北美国际车展上,最

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

Refugees in Kenya Vie to Compete in Rio Olympics 在肯尼亚的难民将参加里约奥运会 NGONG, KENYA In Kenya, refugees from other African nations are training at a special camp and competing for a limited number of slots in this year's Rio Ol

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

图片1 Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Do you know this expression? Its a good one for kids to know. Check it out and other definitions like the one below in this episode!

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 Linda has started her new job and meets one of her new colleagues. What can you say when you meet someone new? It is the best time to make a first impression, so lets listen to what Alice and Linda talk about here.

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情