Drivers warned against loud music Listening to loud music while driving can seriously hamper reaction times and cause accidents, new research suggests. A Canadian study found people took up to 20% longer to perform physical and mental tasks to loud m

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 听美文故事记6级单词

Bike Trains Roll Past Los Angeles Traffic 骑自行车上班在洛杉矶越来越受欢迎 LOS ANGELES Los Angeles is notorious for traffic jams and aggressive drivers. Devon Fitzgerald, a cyclist, is familiar with both. A lot of LA folks are in a ru

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

In the UK, people drive on the left side of the road. 在英国,人们在马路左边开车。 In China, except Hong Kong and Macau, people drive on the right side of the road. 在中国,除了香港和澳门之外,人们都在马路的右边开车

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 江苏译林版牛津小学英语(3起)六年级下册

He performed in soccer stadiums around the world, he sold hundreds of millions of records, he dined with prime ministers and presidents. Girls fell in love with him, boys fell in love with him, everyone wanted to dance like him. He seemed otherworldl

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

90. Let's split the difference. 让我们折中一下。 用法透视 买东西时,与对方讨价还价,各不相让,最后就可以用这句话来建议各让一步,达成一致。 支持范例 1. OK. Let's split the difference, and then I'll take it. 好吧,我们折中一下,我就买。 2. In that case

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

86. Just between you and me... 我只告诉你 用法透视 这句话的本意是仅限于你我之间,是在说闲话时常用的口吻,表现出信任对方,跟对方很亲密的感觉。 支持范例 1. Just between you and me, I think your brother is handsome. 别告诉别人哦,我觉得你兄弟很帅。 2. J

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

85. Just because... 只是因为 用法透视 有时为了加以强调,可以在because前加just,使语气更强烈。 支持范例 1. We didn't stay just because the weather was bad. 我们没留下只是因为天气不好。 2. I bought the book just because I wanted to learn English. 我买

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

84. It will do. 行了。 用法透视 这个句型意思是可以了,行了,用来表示认可和肯定。可单独使用也可跟从句。 支持范例 1. It will do to set the clothes tree in the corner. 把挂衣架放在墙角就行。 2. Will it do? 这样行吗? 3. It will do. You may leave. 这样就

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

81.It is said that... 据说 用法透视 要表达你听来、看来的没有确凿证据的事情,用这个句型最方便了。这个句型也表示你开始陈述。 支持范例 1. It is said that we'll have a new manager. 听说我们要有新经理了。 2. It is said by the Bible that Adam is the very

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

79. It's worthy of... 它是值得 用法透视 这个句型与it is worth意思相同,不过比那个句型更强调一些价值感、报酬感。 支持范例 1. I think the book is worthy of a lot more praise than it's getting. 我认为这本书应该值得更多的推崇及赞美。 2. But you know, I'm

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

78. It's up to... 由来决定 用法透视 to后面接代词宾格或名词,表示由......来做决定;取决于......;是......的职责。 支持范例 1. Do you want to eat a Western or Chinese meal? It's up to you. 吃西餐还是中餐?由你来决定。 2. It's up to us to help those in

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

91. Look out! 小心! 用法透视 该句用来在紧急情况下提醒别人注意。也可以说watch out。 支持范例 1. Look out! There's a car coming! 小心!有辆车来了! 2. Look out! You could fall off the edge here. 当心!你别从边上掉下去。 3. Look out, Harry, that step's

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

You'llneverguesswhatmakesaclip-clop , clip-clop , bang,bang,clip-clop,clip-clop,clip-clopnoise. AnAmishdrive-byshooting. Notes: 1.You'llneverguesswhatmakesaclip-clop , clip-clop , bang,bang,clip-clop,clip-clop,clip-clopnoise. 你一定猜不到

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

经过一个月的学习,阿美终于拿到了驾照。满怀喜悦的她跟好朋友古奇谈起了自己的学习经验。阿美到底学到了什么呢? Listen Read Learn May: Gucci, do you have time this Sunday? I want to drive to the countryside nearby. Gucci: Oh, you can drive? Of course I'l

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Swiss couple keeps rolling on 23-year round-the-world drive 瑞士夫妇持续廿三年开车环游世界 In 1984, Swiss couple Emil and Liliana Schmid traveled to the United States to get away from the monotony of office work. They became hooked on

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Highway Crossings Protect Migrating Pronghorns--and Motorists Ever hear of the pronghorn antelope in the American west? Well, its not really an antelopeits actually more closely related to giraffes than to true antelopes. And the last known migration

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人10月

今天我们要学的词是no-brainer。 No-brainer, 意思是很容易做,很好理解的事情。The test was a no-brainer, 这次考试简单极了。新英格兰爱国者队是美国最棒的橄榄球队。一个新加盟爱国者队的球员说,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是,skyrocket。 Skyrocket, 是猛涨的意思。食品价格暴涨可以说, The food prices skyrocketed. 由于加元升值,很多加拿大人开车过境,前来美国购物。Wait times at border crossings skyrocketed

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是text messaging。 Text messaging发短信。Text messaging continues to grow in popularity, 发短信现在越来越流行了。最新研究显示,Text messaging while driving greatly increases the risk of crashes, 开车发

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

I was on my way to a restaurant to meet my date for dinner when I hit a traffic jam. I saw that the road was congested, but since I had to take the bridge to reach downtown, I had no choice but to stay on that road. The traffic was bumper-to-bumper.

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客