People say intelligence is a lot more attractive than beauty. I often ask people if they would prefer a partner who is intelligent or good looking. They almost always say they want someone who is intelligent. I wonder why it is some of us are so inte

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-I

美文:你要成为自己的那道光 Have you ever been around someone who immediately put you at ease? Perhaps you may be one of those people who others feel safe around. 有没有遇到过那么个人,只要他/她在你身边,你立即就觉得

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Stick to your special talents You were born with a special talent. It may be to sing, write, teach, paint, mentor, preach, defend or befriend. You have something special to offer the world, something you can do better than 10,000 others. You must kee

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The American popular female singer Lady Gaga is famous for creating the fashion. Of course, the fashion she created is not accepted by the old generation but is admired by the young people. They believe that it stands for their individuality. There i

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

The Aquarian Wife January 20 to February I8 The Aquarian woman is one of the highest of the Zodiacal types, but she does not slip into matrimony with the ease of a sensitive little Cancer woman, or an insinuating Pisces woman, and yet the Aquarian wo

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

I dont believe that there is any one recipe for success. Instead, I believe success is the result of a combination of a lot of different factors - and not all of them are needed for success. The more factors you have on your side, the more likely you

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

感知别人的动机,信仰,感受到别人的爱和冷漠是我们人类所具有的天赋。但我们是如何做到的呢?在这,丽蓓卡.萨克斯和我们分享她的实验结果,揭开大脑是如何去思考别人的想法---还有他们

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:美妙的神经系统

2008年的TED获奖者,物理学家Neil Turok指出有天赋的非洲年轻人十分渴求机会。他呼吁通过解放和培养非洲大陆的创造天赋,改变非洲的未来

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:贫穷至进步

人类总是在不断寻求我是谁?我从哪来?我要去哪?这三个问题。早在1989年,出版的《高效能人士的七个习惯》这本书,从四个维度分析了一个人的天赋,分别是自我意识,良知和想象力还有

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

As a kid, I spent my summers with my grandparents on their ranch in Texas. I helped fix windmills, vaccinate cattle, and do other chores. We also watched soap operas every afternoon, especially Days of our Lives. My grandparents belonged to a Caravan

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

New Words: indefinable adj. 难下定义的;难确定的;模糊不清的 insight n. 洞察力;洞悉,深刻的理解,领悟力 thrive v. (尤指在别人觉得困难的时候)以为乐,可以出色应对 unfold vt. vi. 展开,打开 ill

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Then he rewrote another computer language-JAVA- and his legend grew still further. 在这里,乔伊又重新编写了另一种程序语言Java,他继续着他的神话故事。 Among Silicon Valley insiders, Joy's spoken of with as much awe as some

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

今天分享一句节选自亚马逊创始人贝索斯于2010年在其母校普林斯顿大学演讲中的一句话。贝索斯的这个演讲名为《抵抗天赋的诱惑》。演讲中,他讲述了自己孩童时期和祖父母渡过的时光,并

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

泄题 leak of exam 这个草长莺飞的四月,带给我们的有激励与感动,同时也不乏愤怒。 科比退役赛和杭州协警网红爆发出满满的正能量。 而和颐酒店遇袭和公务员考试泄题事件也让网友难以平复

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Have you ever been around someone who immediately put you at ease? Perhaps you may be one of those people who others feel safe around. 有没有遇到过那么个人,只要他/她在你身边,你立即就觉得安心?或许你就是让别人觉得

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Have you ever been around someone who immediately put you at ease? Perhaps you may be one of those people who others feel safe around. 有没有遇到过那么个人,只要他/她在你身边,你立即就觉得安心?或许你就是让别人觉得安

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Anonymous asks, Which is more important to success, talent or hard work? When Talent Fails Countless talented people fail. They are better equipped through some natural gift, some set of experiences, or through training. It is clear to everyone aroun

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

生活智慧 Attitude is more important than talent. 态度比天赋要更加重要。 I have been time and again repeatedly told that a strong positive attitude takes a man farther than his talent. There are many greats in sports, entertainment, pol

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. Marie Curie, Physicist 「我们必须相信,我们拥有某种天份,而这个特质,我们必须不计一切代价取得。」玛丽居里

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Abundance is a life style, a way of living your life. It isnt something you buy now and then or pull down from the cupboard, dust off and use once or twice, and then return to the cupboard. Abundance is a philosophy; it appears in your physiology, yo

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文