The Association of South-East Asian Nations, or Asean, signed an agreement with the United States to strengthen economic ties and reduce trade barriers. Member countries hope to create a common economic unit similar to the European Union in order to

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2006

We're starting with news about the Paris climate accord. Yesterday, U.S. President Donald Trump announced that America would be withdrawing from the international agreement. But, first, what is it? The Paris accord was named for the French capital wh

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年7月

C:Listen, Sylvia, they're all living in cloud-cuckoo-land. I want to see Michael before we find ourselves on a train south. S: A fish eagleWhat? C: The Germans are itching to get at the Russians. France will declare war on Germany, thats what the Fre

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

The statistics are stark and alarming. Populations of mammals, of birds, of fish declines between 1970 and the year 2014 by 60 percent globally. And in fresh water, habitats, the figure is some 83 percent. And its no surprise that human activity is m

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(十一月)

文本: C Christopher Tietjens S Sylvia Tietjens S: Why are they all in...? What's frightening them? They're all in a... panic. C: Up there, look. It's a fish eagle. Not even on duty. Listen, Sylvia, they're all living in cloud-cuckoo-land. I want

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

A: OK, now let's go on to talk about initial deposits. 好了,现在让我们来谈谈首次存款吧。 B: Good idea. How much do I need to deposit? 好主意。我需要存多少钱? A: For Agreement Savings, we ask for 100,000 RMB. 对协定存款

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

今天我们要学的词是stance. Stance名词,立场。French President Emmanuel Macron sharpened his stance on Syria, claiming that France has proof of a chemical attack earlier in April. 法国总统马克龙强化对叙利亚的立场,称法国

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

A powerful storm system has struck the central and southern United States. Massive tornadoes ripped through suburbs in norhtern Little Rock, Arkansas as well as Oklahoma. At least a dozen are known dead. President Obama continues his overseas state v

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(五)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-17 Japan's Abe Leaves India with Key Agreements Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Indian Prime Minister Narandra Modi met and signed important agreements in New Delhi. The leaders strengthened Japanese-Indian bonds by signing tr

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

巴黎气候协定引发美国热议 This agreement will mean less of the carbon pollution that threatens our planet, and more of the jobs and economic growth driven by low-carbon investment. 这项协议将减少碳排放,缓解空气污染,通过

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

China-South Korea FTA Comes into Force The new free trade agreement between China and South Korea has officially come into effect as of today. Park Tae Ho with Seoul National University says the signing of the free-trade pact makes sense for South Ko

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Police have shot dead a woman after a car chase in Washington that ended near the capital building. The woman allegedly tried to run security barriers at the White House. A police officer was also injured when his car crashed. There are reports a chi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

Lesson 189 Towards 1. I'll use the money towards buying books. 2. She is running towards me. 3. She turned her back towards the sun. 4. We have made some progress towards reaching an agreement. 5. The local people are always very friendly towards tou

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

The Bush administration said it is pushing for a Gaza agreement that will end Hamas rocket fire into Israel, arms smuggling through tunnels from Egypt, and re-open Gaza crossing points for relief supplies and commerce. Secretary of State Condoleezza

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年1月

Leaders of Europe's major economies vow to do their utmost to prevent the 27-member EU from being hit by a major economic crisis. 欧洲主要国家的领导人星期六在巴黎召开特别峰会,他们誓言尽最大努力来避免有27个会员国

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

U.S. Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, on a visit to India, says a landmark civil nuclear agreement between the United States and India will be concluded soon. However the two countries did not sign the deal during her visit. The deal will overtu

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

Section 3 As a citizen of our planet who has witnessed so much on this journey, I thank you all for everything you have done to lay the foundation of a solution to this crisis, but after 21 years of debates and conferences, it is time to declare; no

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Section 2 I do not need to tell you these statistics. You know them better than I do, but more importantly, you know what will happen if this scourge is left unchecked. You know that climate change is happening faster than even the most pessimistic o

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Section 1 Thank you, Mr. Secretary General, for the honor to address this body once more. And thanks to the distinguished climate leaders assembled here today who are ready to take action. 谢谢秘书长先生再次给我机会让我站在这里发言

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

模仿文本: But first to Ukraine where Thursday was another day of shocking violence, the worst since street protests against the government of President Viktor Yanukovych began in November. Dozens of anti-government protesters were killed after

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀