While there is life there is hope. 一息若存,希望不灭。 I am a slow walker,but I never walk backwards. (Abraham.Lincoln America) 我走得很慢,但是我从来不会后退。(亚伯拉罕.林肯美国) Never underestimate your power to c

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

John has been trying to learn how to play the guitar. He has been taking lessons for half a year. However, he hasn't been study ing seriously, He has only been going to his lessons every now and then.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(311) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

Education Report - A Goal for 2012: Learning English This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Did you make a New Year's resolution? Some of you shared your goals at the VOA Learning English page on Facebook. And, no surprise, many of you sai

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

old habits die hard 习惯难改 You cant teach an old dog new tricks. 不能教老狗新技能。 Bad habits are hard to break. 陋习难改 Are you staying true to your New Years resolution? 你遵守新年下的决心了吗? Are you sticking wit

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

New Year's Day is the day when people celebrate the beginning of a new year. On New Year's Eve, family and friends often get together for dinner or have a party to welcome in the new year. People often count down the hours, minutes, and seconds befor

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 节日—Holidays

给自己做一次DNA测试。扪心自问:我现在做的是什么决定,所采取的是什么行动?我为何要做这些决定?为何要采取这些行动?那些决定将会把我带到何处?那些行动将会引导我走向何方?它

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. 对明天做好的准备就是今天做到最好! The reason why a great man is great is that he decides to be a great man. 伟人之所以伟大,是因为他立志要成为伟大的人。

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

TED研究员索帕尔.伊尔与大家分享了他的家庭逃离柬埔寨红色高棉统治的故事。他讲述了他母亲的智慧以及拯救她孩子的决心。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:贫穷至进步

1. May 4th is Youth Day. 五月四日是青年节。 2. Chinese Youth Day 中国青年节 3. With few exceptions, the whole youth of China is awakened and determined to win, and this is reflected in the designation of May 4th as Youth Day. 全国的青

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

11.登山队员 购买装备时bargain(讨价还价) 买到次货是certain(必然的) 正当要翻越mountain(山脉) 装备坏了直complain(抱怨) 价格把质量contain(包含) 悔不听商家explain(解释) 12.童话版9.11 有一只pest(害虫

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

I am determined that only the deepest love will induce me into matrimony. 语音讲解 单词发音 determined /dɪˈtɜːmɪnd $ -ɜːr-/ induce /ɪnˈdjuːs $ ɪnˈduːs/ matrimony /ˈmtrəməni $ -moʊni/ 连词发音 will induce me into /wɪlɪnˈ

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

在日常生活中,有的时候我们会觉得自己好像站在十字路口,不知道往哪儿走才好。如果我们做出错误的决定,就可能会陷于困境,in the doghouse。Doghouse就是狗睡觉的房子,也就是狗窝。In th

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

怎样才能学好英语?虽然这是一个说滥了的题目,但其实很难回答。我在北外教了整整40年英语,学生几乎年年拿这个问题考我,可我从来没能作出自己感到满意的答复。学会一种语言,涉及的方方面面实在太多了。现在我仅就某些具体问题谈一些个人看法,希望能对初学者有些帮助

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Claire一家要去参加Manny的生日会,但是Phil 和Claire因各自选择的路线问题较上了劲。Cameron对Mitchell死板的计划甚感不满,不过Mitchell给了Cameron一份爱的惊喜。Jay无意说的话让Manny醍醐灌顶,Mann

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 摩登家庭

1)be going + 动词不定式''多用于口语中,常表示打算、即将、决心去做的事或可能要发生的事。如: We are going to visit the Museum of Chinese History.我们要去参观中国历史博物馆。(表打算) Little Wang st

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Only true love can make you conquer your absolute lack of skill. 语音讲解 单词发音 conquer/ˈkɒŋkə(r)/ absolute /ˈbsəlu:t/ skill/skɪl/ 连词发音 absolute lack of skill /ˈbsəlu:tlkəvskɪl/ 轻读重读 重读:true love/lack/ skil

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Everyone should want to accomplish as much as they can in life before it's too late. 语音讲解 单词发音 accomplish vt.完成;实现;达到 连词发音 want to accomplish as before it's 轻读重读 重读:everyone/accomplish/can/late 弱读

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

unit 367 新年习俗 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:How do you like this dress? A:你看这衣服怎么样? B:It's nice. But what kind of dress are you looking for? B:挺好。可是你想买什么样的裙子? A:Something attractive and dressy.

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(213) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

16. come hell or high water 这个短语的使用时机是当你要去执行一项任务或是做一件事之际,只许成功不许失败的决心。就犹如中文的 “ 就算天崩地裂 …” ,

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

set on 设定,决定 You're still set on that? 你仍然坚持你的想法吗? If you're set on divorce, I can help you with that. 如果你决心要离婚,我可以帮你。 I never really had my heart set on being a novelist. 我从来就没有

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语