AS IT IS 2013-10-21 Russians Question Muslim Influence 俄罗斯问题穆斯林影响 Hi again! Nice to have you with us on As It Is. Im Mario Ritter. Last week Muslims around the world celebrated Eid al-Adha. In English, the four-day celebration is

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

A new beginning, but some things stay the same: 10 minutes, no commercials, the top news of the day, and me! I'm Carl Azuz. You're tuned in to CNN Student News. Let's get started! Controversy leads off today's show. It's about an Islamic center that

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

Sunny: So, Isthma, can you tell me about the wedding ceremonies in Indonesia? Isthma: The wedding ceremonies in Indonesia are pretty large, but it depends on the family as well, and the couple. We usually have it in halls, but also, some people have

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. This month will mark the three-year anniversary of the start of Operation Iraqi Freedom, which liberated Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam Hussein. As this milestone approaches, I will be giving a series of speeches to upd

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

I'm Nicole Lapin at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. The unemployment rate rose again last month, up 0. 5 percent to 9. 4 percent. That's the highest in 26 years. Employers slashed 345, 000 jobs in May,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(六)月

Hi everyone, I'm Asieh Namdar at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Israel's assault on Gaza continued Sunday despite claims from Israel's defense minister that the campaign may be in its final stages

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(一)月

BP begins the final kill on its Gulf oil well today. Engineers will remove a cap and install a new blowout preventer. Concrete and mud will then be pumped in through an adjacent well to seal the bottom of the broken one. BP capped the top of the well

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(九)月

1. A Bush administration report says the Iraqi government has made mixed progress in fulfill ing political, economic and military goals. The president says he is still committed to succeeding in Iraq. A full progress report on Iraq is expected in Sep

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

1. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it would be a sad day for America if opponents stop plans for a proposed mosque near the World Trade Center site. Bloomberg is among a few outspoken officials supporting the construction. On Friday, President

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(八月)

AS IT IS 2016-03-25 Muslims Push Back Against Islamophobia 穆斯林反对伊斯兰恐惧症 Some members of the Muslim community in the United States are speaking out against what they believe is an unfair fear of their religion. They say the fear o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

纽约希望更热情接受叙利亚难民 So far, roughly 2,200 Syrian refugees have arrived on US soil. 77 percent of them are women and children, according to the U.S. State Department.Only a handful of Syrians have landed in New York. 到目前为止

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(304) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

Hi, I'm Patty Kim. Today we are setting our sights on India, a land of deserts and rain forests, modern cities and ancient beliefs. With over a billion people, India is the world's largest democracy, and many say it's a travelers paradise. In truth,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

Hello, everyone, I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. A suicide bomber has killed at least eight people and injured 22 people at a packed market in downtown Islamabad, Pakistan.

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(七)月

Todd: So, Greg you taught in the Middle East. Greg: Yeah, I lived in the United Arab Emirates for awhile. Todd: Wow, that's a lot different than most places. Greg: Ah, it's very different. I'm glad I went to experience another culture, another way of

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Some 40 World leaders including British Prime Minister David Cameron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov are expected to attend a huge march in Paris to show unity after three days of terror that left 17 people

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

伊拉克首都巴格达发生爆炸致6人死亡 BAGHDAD, April 26 (Xinhua) -- At least five people were killed and 61 others injured in four bombing attacks that hit the Iraqi capital of Baghdad on Friday, police said. A bomb exploded at the entran

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

At least 13 people have been killed and at least 85 injured in a fierce gun battle in Gaza, emergency services say. Eyewitnesses say hundreds of Hamas fighters and policemen surrounded a mosque where followers of a radical Islamist (伊斯兰) cleric

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. President Barack Obama is now in South Korea to attend meetings of the world's top 20 economic powers. He arrived early this morning after spending less than a day in Indonesia where he toured that country's largest mosque and delivered a speech a

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十一月)

Todd:Hello, Nitya. (Hi) How are you today? (Great) Now, Nitya, can you talk a little a bit about where are you from? Nitya: OK, I'm from India, the Northern part of India, and from a very small city, but the oldest one in India. It's considered a ver

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Explanation: Many of the earliest Americans followed a religion that was different from the one practiced (or believed in) by the people in government. These early Americans fled (or ran away from) their original countries because they were treated u

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神