1. You must be Mr. White. 你一定是怀特先生吧。 还能这样说: Are you Mr. White, right? You must be Mr. White, isn't it? 谚语: He that would eat the fruit must climb the tree. 不劳无获。 2. I am here to see the apartment you ad

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

例子1:如果你想说你就是敷衍我,该怎么说呢? You're just saying it. 你就是在敷衍我。 例子2:如果你想说我这顶帽子是不是太夸张了啊? Is it too much? 是不是太夸张了?

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Live not to eat,but eat to live. 活着不是为了吃饭,吃饭为了活着。 Action speaks louder than words. 行动胜过语言。 East or west,home is the best. 金窝银窝不如自家草窝。 Its not the gay coat that makes the gentleman. 君

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

1.A bad beginning makes a bad ending. 不善始者不善终。 2.A bad thing never dies. 遗臭万年。 3.A bad workman always blames his tools. 不会撑船怪河弯。 4.A bird in the hand is worth than two in the bush. 一鸟在手胜过双鸟在林

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Words and Their Stories: Proverbs, Part 1 词汇典故:美国常用谚语 1 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Today we talk about proverbs. A proverb is a short, wel

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

在我们写作的过程中难免会用到一些经典的句子,这样对自己的文章可以起到一种锦上添花的作用,今天我们要和大家一起来分享的是英语写作常用句型中的时间谚语 (一)时间是金,其值无价

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

9. We don't give discounts. 本店概不还价。 还能这样说: We don't have any discount. No more discounts are allowed. 10. You get what you pay for. 便宜没好货。 还能这样说: It's too cheap to be good. The higher the price is, th

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. Could I borrow a pen and three pieces of paper? 能借我一支笔和3张纸吗? 还能这样说: Can you give me a pen and three pieces of paper? Would you lend me a pen and three pieces of paper? 应用解析: a piece of cake 轻松愉快的

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

5. How are you feeling today? 今天你感觉怎么样? 还能这样说: How are you today? Are you feeling all right today? 应用解析: feel strange 觉得不舒服;觉得生疏; feel sorry for 为感到可惜; feel up to 感到有力气

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

讲解文本: just saying 说说而已 -How can you say that! 你怎么能那么说 -Hey, sorry, I'm just saying 对不起,我只是说说而已。 -You really want to go there, it's very far. 你真的想去吗,很远啊。 -No, I'm just sayin

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

9. Let me think about it, and tell you later. 让我考虑一下,一会儿答复你。 还能这样说: Let me think for a moment and tell you later. I'll think it over and get back to you later. 谚语: Let every man praise the bridge he goes

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. I get along well with him. 我和他很合得来。 还能这样说: I get on well with him. I hit it off well with him. 谚语: Christmas comes but a year. 佳节良辰,机会难得。 2. I don't get along well with her. 我跟她合不来。

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. Could you give me a raise? 能不能给我加薪? 还能这样说: Would you like to give me a raise? May I have a pay raise? 谚语: You get what you pay off. 一分价钱,一分货。 2. I'd like to have a chance of a pay raise. 我希望加

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

9. I need you to stay late. 我需要你留下来加班。 还能这样说: You must stay late. You have to work overtime. 谚语: From saving comes having. 富有来自节俭。 10. I've already logged in 10 hours of overtime. 我已经加了10个

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

5. What time do you ring out on Saturday? 星期六几点钟打卡下班? 还能这样说: What time can you have punch when get off work on Saturday? When do you punch on Saturday? 应用解析: out of it 因被排除在某集体之外 而感到

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. You are so early today. 你今天这么早。 还能这样说: You come here so early. You come here in such an early time. 应用解析: keep early hours 早睡早起; go to earlier graves than 比死得早; early or late 早晚 2. How ca

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

9. What is your character? 你的个性是什么样的? 还能这样说: Can you tell me about your character? Can you describe your personality? 谚语: A man's actions show his character. 举手投足显品性。 10. I can realize my dream he

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. I'm sorry I kept you waiting so long. 很抱歉,让您久等了。 还能这样说: I am sorry for keeping you wait so long time. I am sorry that you await me for my being late. 谚语: Time and tide wait for no man. 时不待人。 2. It's

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. As requested, I have enclosed the following materials. 按照要求,我附上了以下资料。 还能这样说: I have sent the following materials according to the requirements. As it is requested, I have sent the following materials. 应用解

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

9. I can't sing for nuts! 我一点也不会唱歌! 还能这样说: I have no ear for music. I'm tone-deaf. 应用解析: not care a (rotten) nut 毫不在乎; a hard nut to crack 棘手;难对付; off one's nut 疯狂的,失去理智的

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇