Ronald Reagan: The Space Shuttle

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 美国经典英文演讲100篇

IN THE NEWS - A Tragedy in Norway Raises Questions for Europe This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Conservative extremists in Europe are facing new attention after the attacks last week that killed almost eighty people in Norway. On Friday the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

The Queen has paid tribute to Irish nationalists who died fighting for independence from Britain. Dressed in emerald green, Queen Elizabeth laid a wreath at Dublins Garden of Remembrance. She is the first British monarch to visit the Irish Republic a

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

Tropical Cyclone Carlos is continuing to thrash the Territory's coastline with gale force winds and widespread flooding. Darwin has seen 400 millimetres of rain, which has cut main roads and inundated at least 30 homes. Schools are remaining closed t

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

Happy Valentines day everyone. Im Carl Zeus. Welcome to another lovely edition of CNN student news. One thing that isnt lovely as far as many Americans concerned: the weather. From North Caroline to Boston, another winter storm is frosting the east c

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2014年(二)月

As many of you are aware, earlier today a number of people were shot in Tuscon Arizona, including several who are meeting at the supermarket with the congresswoman, Grabrielle Giffords. We are still assembling all the facts, but we know that represen

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

Serena: So, how's your mom doing... with the divorce and everything? Blair: Great. So my dad left her for another man. She's lost 15 pounds, got an eye-lift. It's been good for her. Serena: I'm really sorry. Blair:Yeah, I could tell since you didn't

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Are you a gamer? If you enjoy playing computer games like many millions of other teenagers worldwide, then yes, you are. According to the China Internet Network Information Centre (CINIC), Internet users in China spend more than eleven hours gaming

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 人教全日制普通高中英语(必修)高三(全一册)

图片1 theatre n. 剧场,戏院,电影院 例句:He waited for her in the lobby of theatre yesterday. 昨天他在戏院的大厅等她。 opera n. 歌剧 例句:We planned to go to the opera this Sunday. 我们计划这个星期天去看歌剧

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

An inquest is a court which tries to find out the cause of death after an accident or violent death. A coroner is the judge in this court. Yesterday, the chief coroner held an inquest in Greymouth to find out the cause of death in the Pike River Mine

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Broadcast: Feb 04, 2003 In the wake of the Columbia shuttle disaster, the U.S. space agency, NASA, must continue to operate, even as its employees struggle to deal with overwhelming emotions surroundi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-健康之旅

In an emotional visit to Tucson, Arizona late Wednesday, President Barack Obama has visited the wounded from last Saturday's mass shooting and with families of the six people killed. The president and first lady Michelle Obama attended a memorial hon

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

I used to be so young But now I'm oh so beaten down My friends are nowhere to be found I find myself alone I could have been someone But now my name is a just a ghost My reputation is a joke My eyes won't cry So could you pass me the needle? I got a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

US Composer Puts 9/11 Tragedy to Music Over the past five decades, American composer Steve Reich created and honed a recognizable style that has made him one of today's top American composers. In the process he has helped propel so-called minimalist

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

Anger and Sadness in Kyiv, as Rhetoric Rises Ukrainian officials have further inflamed the rhetoric over the downing of the Malaysian airliner, claiming that a Russian crew was operating the anti-aircraft system that was allegedly used. The accusatio

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

RAY SUAREZ, HOST: Now to a lesser known story about race relations in this country. After the Civil War and Reconstruction, the U.S. looked West to the unresolved conflicts over land rights and sovereignty with the country's native peoples. In the Pa

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Three air force men were killed and one was seriously injured when their helicopter crashed early yesterday morning near Wellington. They were on their way to the ANZAC service in Wellington. The plan was for three air force Iroquois helicopters to f

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

今天我们要学的词是wake-up call。 Wake-up call, 叫人起床的电话,引伸为唤醒,警告。维吉尼亚理工大学去年发生校园枪杀惨案后,美国各大院校纷纷开始关注学生的心理健康。 The Virginia Tech tra

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Hong Kong Chief Executive, Leung Chun-ying is warning the city would take necessary actions, unless the Philippines makes substantial progress within a month over the 2010 Manila hostage tragedy. Speaking ahead of a debate by lawmakers calling for sa

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年11月

今天我们要学的词是cope with。 To cope with,处理,对付。挪威7月22日发生致命袭击事件后, The country is struggling to cope with the tragedy, 整个国家努力应对这场悲剧。金融危机期间, A lot of companies a

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃